New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: what are you guys using for incandescent bulbs in the reels s2000  (Read 504 times)

Offline armyaviation

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • armyaviation New User has no influence.
  • NLG
the only place i can find 359 bulbs you have to order like 1000 of them.  I tried a 12v led bulb tonight and i guess based on my controller, the bulb never really goes off and is always lit.  i was told there were different controllers.  I need probably 10 bulbs and i have 3 machines that use them so would be nice to figure out a solution.  are the xenon bulbs really that necessary.  my reel lights never stay on, just flash when you win

Offline armyaviation

• NLG
Re: what are you guys using for incandescent bulbs in the reels s2000
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 10:35:12 PM »
is this the board i need for LED bulbs in the reels.  my cleo has this one, my bucks ahoy is different and my third game has even less plugs on it,

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 02:07:48 AM »
Factory LED panels need LED controller like the one you have pictured.
Replacing incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs does not require that board.
Factory LED reels on a 5 reel machine require that controller and also a different reel harness.
Question does your cleo have factory LED reels?
If you are just replacing the bulbs from an incandescent machine with LED bulbs then the standard controller will work.
You only need that controller and a different harness if you are going from incandescent reels to factory LED reels.
If you are just going from incandescent bulbs to LED bulbs it's a little hit and miss if the automotive replacement bulbs will dim like the original xenon bulbs. I did this years ago so the LED bulbs I used from SheBay are no longer listed.  So it might be a little hit and miss on finding bulbs that will dim.
Maybe someone has done this recently and can provide a good LED reel replacement bulb recommendation.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 09:26:22 AM by shortrackskater »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 09:29:45 AM »
You need to use the original incandescents.  LEDS will always be lit up because the slot controls the brightness of the bulb by varying voltage, which works really well for incandescents, but not for LEDS.  At least not for led wedge bulbs.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline armyaviation

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 12:45:57 PM »
easier said than done, where can you find those xenon bulbs.  and qbert, all of my games have incandescent reel bulbs.  didn't know igt has led reels in s2000s

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2024, 02:29:42 PM »
Rick,
Some of the wedge LEDs work fine with the incandescent controllers.
Most of my S2000s are working fine with LEDs and incandescent controllers.
I bought them so long ago that I can't remember which ones I got.
I remember it took a couple of tries until I found ones that would work back then.
Rich

Tom,
I sent you a link of the ones I thought might work.
Also if you're going to go back to incandescent bulbs I strongly suggest using the xenon bulbs.
Other bulbs get too hot and melt the housings
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline armyaviation

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2024, 03:38:14 PM »
the 359 bulbs are very hard to find.  i wish i could get them,
 i only need like 10

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2024, 07:35:46 PM »
not affiliated nor have I ever done business with linked seller, but not a bad price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404316778926
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 09:28:00 AM by shortrackskater »
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline armyaviation

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2024, 08:30:00 PM »
actually thats not that bad, ordered thanks.  gonna keep trying the leds from amazon because i can return them but nice to have some 359s

Offline LifeTilt

• Reputation Power: 0
  • LifeTilt New User has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2024, 09:55:14 PM »
In response to you mentioning that you replaced a bulb and that the bulbs look like they were always lit:

Based on the S2000s with backlit reels (that indicate a line win) when the bulbs are lit in standby... at least one is burnt out. It is good to keep on top of bulb replacement because the heat build-up from this always-on behavior ( with incandescent bulbs ) is considerable.

Once you finish replacing all the bulbs.

Diagnostic Switch-> Menu 4.10 - Reel Lamps Test.

With the bulb holders I had, they would snap each time I removed them, and I did not have more. Lots of UV curing glue was used, lol.

CPU, ELEC, MECH, BVAL, TRBL

Offline stlscott

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • stlscott New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2024, 08:42:27 AM »
Rick,
Some of the wedge LEDs work fine with the incandescent controllers.
Most of my S2000s are working fine with LEDs and incandescent controllers.
I bought them so long ago that I can't remember which ones I got.
I remember it took a couple of tries until I found ones that would work back then.
Rich

Tom,
I sent you a link of the ones I thought might work.
Also if you're going to go back to incandescent bulbs I strongly suggest using the xenon bulbs.
Other bulbs get too hot and melt the housings

I put the Wedge LEDs in my 5-Reel game and they work fine.  Yes they are "low-lit" all the time but they still flash when appropriate to a bright level so they look nice.  With the Wedge LEDs you can actually take out the door Lamp and it looks cool because you can see the reels even without the door lamp in place.... I replace the Door Lamp with LED's anyway (just a straight swap for the florescent) so it gives it a different look.  Make sure you don't mess with the door lamp with the power on, zaps you very easily (speaking from experience).
~ Having fun with in-home Slots since 2023 ~
Contributing Member since January 2024
~~Focused on S2000 Machines~~

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal