New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bill Validator Stacker Error  (Read 25726 times)

Offline Mandersen

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Mandersen New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bill Validator Stacker Error
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2016, 04:07:40 AM »
Im pretty sure that's the case. the few we have difinately work without a bezel period although we still use them. Look for a transport motor or a stacker motor for you WBA (World Bill Acceptor). It won't take bills if you don't have a good transport or stacker motor.  And if your firmware in your transporter isn't the right one or it's corrupt that could be another possibility.  And calibrating a clean well maintained BV head is a great solution to bills not being accepted.  I would also check with the firmware and making sure your components haven't been fried from static electricity. You could have a muffed up cpu on your BA or your top/bottom daughter boards in your head.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2016, 07:39:14 AM »
Yes, it is the front bezel. But, unless this bezel lights up and the board is working properly the machine will not accept bills.  (at least not my machine). Thank you !!

The bezel LEDs are just an indicator for the player that the bill validator is ready to accept bills.  It will work just fine without it. 

Offline Les

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Les New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2016, 08:30:04 AM »
Thank you all for your input. Slowly I'm learning. I'll just keep playing with it. The machine works well accepting quarters.  I truly appreciate.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2016, 08:47:18 AM »
Rather than use a bill validator, which can be problematic and go out of date, I use multidenom version chips and tokenize my machines so one coin is good for one max bet spin. I still get to use coins, I just don't have to put as many in. It cuts down on maintanance/operational issues and I found blanking plates to cover the hole where the bv face plate used to be

Offline Les

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2016, 09:08:05 AM »
Great idea. I shall look into those chips. Thanks !!

Offline TheAirBalancer

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • TheAirBalancer New User has no influence.
  • TheAirBalancer
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2016, 07:52:51 PM »
I want to throw this out there...I used to run "tokenized" Game King machines before I switched to TITO. I think the GK software Les has (looks like some 3902 version) does not need any kind of chip to do this in my experience, because I used to drop quarters which gave me $25 in credit each, given that you had certain settings in place. I didn't even use the hopper except to pile up coins that I would extract by hand with a metal cup.

That said, I'm wondering what kind of tilts the machine now shows for the validator after all of this, does it still say "bill validator CRC error" ?
:az_flag:

Offline Les

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2016, 10:46:58 PM »
OK, here's my story now. I have been getting 2 different separate tilt messages because I was using one combo of WBA's & cash can & another WBA & different cash can. One set led to tilt "Bill Validator CRC Mismatch" error and the other combo led to "Bill Validator Stacker Error" & I can't fix either one.   I spoke to a Vegas slot tech today about the CRC Mismatch error & he could not clear CRC error because evidently my Game King machine program is old & we could not find a clear CRC button.   So now I put the original WBA & cash can back in the machine & am back to getting a "Bill Validator Stacker Error".  When I do the Bill Validator Test from Setup menu I get "Stacker Open".   When I purchased this machine the front bill intake bezel lit up & the machine accepted bills. All of a sudden the bezel stopped lighting up & machine gets the stacker error & will not accept bills, but I'm told that this front bezel has nothing to do with bill acceptance.  I'm pretty much totally ignorant on the machine so honestly I'm ready just to give up & keep getting my hands filthy using quarters !!

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2016, 04:02:42 AM »
Maybe try the new cash can with the old wba transport

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2016, 04:05:34 AM »
Sorry, I should clarify, the setup I use is on reel type machines with eproms for what I want. On an Igame that chip isn't used

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2016, 07:38:32 AM »
Do you have WBA13s?  If so, you can take the EPROM out of the old transport and put it in the new transport.  That should get rid of the CRC error message. 

Offline Les

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2016, 10:47:58 AM »
I've got WBA 12's. To be honest I wouldn't know what the eprom looked like to switch it out. And if it needed to be soldered - forget about it !! Thank you though.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2016, 01:04:45 PM »
I've got WBA 12's. To be honest I wouldn't know what the eprom looked like to switch it out. And if it needed to be soldered - forget about it !! Thank you though.

WBA-12 has flash memory, it is soldered in place, to update its software you would need to send it to someone for software loading. Bill validators need to "talk" to the slot machine mpu (processor board) of the machine the WBA is installed into, and the method they use to communicate is different from one slot machine company to the next (IGT, Bally, Williams, etc). So if you buy a bill validator for your machine it will need to have the correct software to work with your particular brand of machine. If you get a bill validator that is setup for one brand, say a Bally, then it can be reprogrammed for an IGT.

The WBA-13 bill validator uses an eprom instead of flash memory to hold the software, so it is easier to change the software, just remove the old eprom ic from its socket and insert the new one. The eprom or flash memory on a WBA type of bill validator is located in the transport mechanism, which lies behind the BV head. The "head" is the part where you insert the bills.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:30:20 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Les

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2016, 05:03:49 PM »
Wow, thank you for the perfectly clear & understandable explanation. I do appreciate.

Offline Les

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2016, 05:12:56 PM »
What a shame. I have WBA 12's. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2016, 05:37:37 PM »
What a shame. I have WBA 12's. 

I read earlier where you'd gotten a second WBA bill validator setup, or at least some of the parts. Do you know if the second WBA is programmed with the right software for your IGT machine? If the WBA is good and you have its cables connected then if it still doesn't work I'd suspect either a preference setting in the Setup/Diagnostic screens or something going on with a backplane security eeprom mismatch. But I'm not an expert so others here could give better advice if you wanted to pursue the problem. Some problems are harder to figure out, especially if you don't have spare parts to try from another machine or if you are new at doing this kind of stuff.

If you are ok with using coins only in the machine then you don't have to get the bill validator working, it won't have any affect on playing the machine other than making it easy to put playing credits on the machine. As time goes by you will get more familiar with how the machine operates, may need to do some repairs now and then like replacing light bulbs or other things. And you'll gain more understanding of its working and how things work, especially if you read some of the other repair discussion threads here on NLG. Even reading and rereading thru the machine's manual will start to sink in on how it works.

There's always something to learn!   :garfield:

And, if you are open to it, sometimes it is possible for a nearby NLG member familiar with your model of machine to come by and fix your machine, would depend on how nearby the two of you are. If this is a possibility you'd need to post your location either here in this thread or in your profile.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=2459
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:06:25 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Les

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2016, 06:12:01 PM »
Yes, I do have 2 WBA's. One yields "Bill Validator Stacker Open" and the other yields "Bill Validator CRC Mismatch". Absolutely tons to learn.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2016, 06:13:43 PM »
When you got the second one was it from a place that said it was for your machine model or manufacturer?

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2016, 06:53:37 PM »
Are you sure the the optics wires on the stacker door are tied off and not pinched in the door causing a short?
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline TheAirBalancer

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • TheAirBalancer New User has no influence.
  • TheAirBalancer
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2016, 09:54:55 PM »
If the original validator/cash can combo works other than the "stacker error" tilt, I'm with Shaggy in that it sounds like there could be a short of some kind with the stacker door wires since the original post says the machine doesn't tilt until the main door is closed.
:az_flag:

Offline Les

• NLG
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2016, 10:23:03 PM »
The second WBA is for an IGT Game King machine. I see no wires that could be pinched. PS. I'm from Apache Junction, Az.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal