New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: GAME DISABLED - COIN REVERSE...cash box? coin comparitor? karma?  (Read 26700 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 267
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: GAME DISABLED - COIN REVERSE...cash box? coin comparitor? karma?
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2014, 11:30:09 PM »

Hang on...

Had to delete the last post here and re-write it.
There's just no rhyme or reason to this. I made the shim... reinstalled all and then all coins were dropping to the hopper and not being registered at all!
Took it all apart again... made sure it was aligned... same thing.
Swapped out the chip with my spare "possibly working" other COD board... same thing.
Removed my shim... reinstalled... same damn thing... no coins registered... just dropping in.
Fussed again... made sure it was exactly as it should be, comparing it to the other COD unit (with frame). Reinstalled it but I had taking the shim out... now it's working again!
This machine is beyond my brain capabilities. I did get it from being completely dead to "almost fully" working but the frustration is making me drink!
 :drinker:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:37:58 AM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2014, 06:54:27 AM »
Okay I just "fabricated" this out of two layers of foam tape stuck to the plastic COD coin optic thing.
yes you have a 25cent guide that  what is  wrong I had same trouble

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2014, 09:08:28 AM »
From your first picture I can see the spacing was to wide and that is why you were getting errors.

The spacer you installed looks much better but foam tape is sticky and could slow down the coin.

Find a hard piece of plastic to make the wedge.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2014, 05:51:55 PM »
From your first picture I can see the spacing was to wide and that is why you were getting errors.

The spacer you installed looks much better but foam tape is sticky and could slow down the coin.

Find a hard piece of plastic to make the wedge.

Badbaud - did you know you helped me with this same issue extensively? Just scroll back to page 1, 2...
I thought it was determined that the 5 and 25 cent guide were the same size? Mine still seems big to me.
I'll try making a wedge again that won't cause any friction to the coin.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2014, 07:54:41 PM »
I cut up a plastic stick-on wire tie mount. It fit right in. I played a while...working so far. I removed the jam from the rake and it's still good so far.
I feel like I've been here before though.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2014, 10:33:30 PM »
My fingers are crossed

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2014, 10:44:33 PM »
My fingers are crossed

Well good news and bad news...
So far I haven't got any COIN REVERSE type errors. But... it once again began dropping some coins through, but just to the tray. At the same time, I notice the touch screen stops responding too. This happened before, a long time ago. I have no idea if there's any connection.
I re-wedged the CC. I cleaned the screen, for the hundredth time.
Working again.
It's listed on Craigslist too. Problem is I don't want to sell it to anyone who doesn't know what an EVO is. It's just not right.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2014, 01:04:14 AM »
It may be time for the shotgun approach.

Re-seat every connector in the machine, unplug it and plug it back in a couple of times.

A freezing screen could indicate a computer board problem or a dirty connector, let's hope it is the latter.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2014, 10:00:22 PM »
Okay did all the above, again! So far, it's working. Once in a great while, the CRT turns more yellow! I can just tap it and it stops.
I'm just running out of the will and energy to keep working on this machine.
In my few years of collection slots, I've fixed a LOT of IGT s plus's, s2000's, CEI poker, Status poker, and even my Bally Game Maker. But NOTHING has been as strange and obscure as this machine! It has been FUN (believe it or not) getting this up and running but it wasn't easy.
And I TOTALLY APPRECIATE all the help from  badbaud, CV slots, cowboygames, uniman,  and the rest!
With that said... I'm done with this machine. I posted a WTS here. I hope someone close to me want's it and can figure out the last "oddities" in this slot.

Offline mantaramian

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mantaramian New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2014, 11:20:56 AM »
 This was a very entertaining repair topic,
 It looks to me that if a .05 guide was purchased from the beginning this could have been handled in a timely manner....
 Where would a person find a Nickel guide? I just purchased a Bally Game Maker with similar problem and I believe the guide is a Quarter guide and would like to replace it.
 Happy Holliday’s,
 Mike

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2014, 01:11:25 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the nickle and quarter guides are the same size.

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2014, 01:14:49 PM »
I was wondering the same thing.... that's why I put up the Post...

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 02:07:58 PM by mantaramian »

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2014, 01:49:48 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the nickle and quarter guides are the same size.
if the coin can bounce or go  thur and miss a eye it will at times go into coin reverse I had some nickel games  that a quarter wouldn't fit thur  the coin guide , so I think there is a 5cent   and a different one for 25 cents for ballys , we have made dollars ones work with a 25cent coin  by add screws inside the guide to   make coins stay to one side and past all eyes

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2014, 02:10:05 PM »
 Once again thank you for the response, I will let you know how it works out over the weekend....
 Happy Holliday’s,
 Mike

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2014, 05:54:57 PM »
I agree with bestbuyslots. I think there's a different one for nickles. I had purchased a replacement guide and optics and the same thing happened. I just made a shim using an adhesive wire tie mount, cut to size. So far I've had no "reverse coin" errors at all.

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2014, 09:00:26 PM »
Happy New Year 2015

So after reviewing the configuration of my recent purchased Bally 19" LCD Game Maker I seen that it was configured without the COD, So I performed a RAM CLEAR and configured the game with the setting obtained in this post.

The coin in reverse message went away after the correct configuration, but the game would not recognize the coin when dropped in. Yes, the bill acceptor works but the coins would go straight in the hopper.

That's not right, so I pulled the coin comparator out and found a piece of cardboard holding the rake in to accept all coins...

Bottom line, the coin comparator was bad and the machine was configured incorrect....

NEW comparator and RAM CLEAR and all is well....

Thank you for all your time and wisdom...
Mike  :dancing_2:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2014, 09:05:27 PM »
THANKS mantaramian!
That really makes me think I have another bad CC as well. It only makes sense. And just because I got it "working" on ebay doesn't mean it really was!
I did have to jam my rake for it to work. I still get an occasional coin dropping to the tray but mine works fine otherwise.
What model CC is in your machine?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2014, 09:27:27 PM »
Woohoo!! Good job!
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2014, 09:43:59 PM »
2 pics, something else to mention. I don't believe the Bad Comparitor is the correct one to use either

• Bad Comparitor
  • Good Comparitor

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2014, 12:48:18 AM »
Green wires to the coil means it is a DC comparator - grey and it is a AC comparator.

If the grey one works then the machine generates a AC voltage for the coin lockout engaged signal (ready to accept coins) or if a comparator is used it powers up the comparator to compare coins dropped to the one lodged between the sensor coils.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal