New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Pinball project issues  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Phan000

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
S+ Pinball project issues
« on: December 17, 2023, 02:28:15 PM »
The MPU 4 had varta damage.  Had someone jump traces and clean the damage. 

After placing the mpu4 back in the machine,  I’m still getting code P.06

The feature test buttons in the top box do bring up other numbers, but I am unsure of how to use them.

In the bottom,  the reels spin, and the credits show 35, coins played 3

Buttons are not lit, test button does nothing.

The communication board flashes on power up,  but is then dark.

Should I try a clear?  Maybe a different board?

Offline Phan000

• Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: S+ Pinball project issues
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 03:53:05 PM »
Follow up-

https://youtube.com/shorts/FV5ItHSUO7c?si=Q11seo5-3tYfwY_g

I did a clear and the machine is operational.

However,  pinball bonus rounds are not correct.

There is no sound & the lights do not show ball movement.

Video attached.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Good  to see progress.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 06:33:49 PM by Phan000 »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2023, 09:11:24 PM »
The issue there lies somewhere in the MPU4 board, unfortunately. Does it always give you credit for the first four in the bonus chamber (675 coins)? If that's just what you happened to hit while recording, that's an extremely unusual hit.

When you use the test buttons in the upper Barcrest box, do you get any sounds or lights as you step through the tests?  Also, since we couldn't see in the video, the coin tray has to be in place to get the Barcrest bonus box sounds as it uses the speaker that's in the back of the tray. I would also check the connector that gets connected when you set the tray into the machine to make sure it's mating up correctly so you'll get that audio.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 05:38:19 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion concerning the sound-  it was not connected  :duh:

So almost there-  it pays on random wins for pinball sequence, not just the huge one.

Lights on top left did work when I reconnected it for the first time.  Possibly PSU issue or connection needs cleaning.

The main outstanding issue is that the lights do not show “ball” movement.

https://youtube.com/shorts/tjvf8u1oeGg?si=6He-JTt-TdIi1i5a

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 06:09:41 AM »
https://youtube.com/shorts/vBSneEHTr-8?si=TroFsuLhUAcmMa6h

Update-

I pressed the test buttons in the top box a few times and cycled between the different numbers.

Lights all came to life, and she lives!!!!

Very pleased that it’s fully operational again.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 07:57:13 AM »
It's too bad you didn't find out what the [P.06] meant.
Glad it's working!
Topic is now marked as solved!
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2023, 09:51:40 AM »
P.06   that is P=  Pinball,  06= version 6     

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 10:00:30 PM »
P.06   that is P=  Pinball,  06= version 6     

To expand on what Jim said, it will display that when the MPU4 boots until it has established communication with the S+ machine. P0.6 isn't an error message, just an indication of what software is installed in the MPU4.

Congrats on getting your game working. I will say that pushing the test button for the Barcrest box shouldn't have suddenly enabled the lights to work (so there may still be an issue or you may run into the problem again), but I'm happy to hear that it's working for now.  :cool_thumb_up:
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2023, 07:30:10 PM »
Seems to be holding up well.  Still haven’t figured out the BV issue.

It is enabled,  goes through proper sounds, but isn’t pulling in bills.

Also trying to figure out the larger bulbs behind the 1,2,5 shot  display on the  left side of top glass.

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2023, 07:39:24 PM »
Seems to be holding up well.  Still haven’t figured out the BV issue.
It is enabled,  goes through proper sounds, but isn’t pulling in bills.

What SP chip is installed?

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2023, 07:46:32 PM »
SP 980

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2023, 08:00:07 PM »
Option 9 must be set to [9-1] for the acceptor to be enabled.
You also have to set the denomination.
Country must be set to USA (37)
The bill acceptor credit limit <7> must be set to less than the hopper limit or $2,500, whichever is less.

Cannot be any credits on machine to change settings via SET053 chip.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2023, 08:07:09 PM »
I enabled it & set denom already

Where is  Country setting?  Never had to set that before.

Will check credit limit.  Could be  bad transport,  but it does cycle properly.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2023, 05:50:40 AM »
Country code for your chip, is under <0> 30
When you find that Options page [30], turn the setting to {37} using the Spin button and Jackpot Reset key.
It's all there in the SP980 PSR sheet in the NLG File System.
As well, dont forget to set <0>7 limits to the max of [9999], or the bill acceptor may not pull in bills. (Although I don't think that's the problem but you never know).
If your BV is pulling in bills, and then spitting it back out, it could mean that the bills are being read by the bill acceptor, but sees that it's not allowed to accept the those bills because the denomination of the bill isn't allowed.
That could be a dipswitch problem or your firmware is outdated.

Try using a one dollar bill only.
The one dollar bill should work every time, because it has a small head.....all other newer bills now only have the large heads on them.
They will NOT work with outdated firmware.

Lastly, I wish you'd give us better details.
What ID is the bill validator protocol you're using and what model is it?
Take a some pictues if you don't know how to get that information.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 06:12:43 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2023, 07:25:35 AM »
The transport is Wba 10

ID 24

Bill head is a Wba 10.

I checked the credit limits, country code, all good.

Transport cycles up properly,  but won’t take any denomination of bills.  Not even trying to pull them in.

When I tried the dipswitch self-test,  it pulls in a $1 but rejects.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2023, 07:53:06 AM »
Wrong ID...I think you need ID023?
I could be wrong.
Gotta do some reading in the S+ section of the forum to be sure, or maybe someone with better knowledge of a WBA 10 BV's for the S+, than I.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2023, 09:01:11 AM »
Yep S+ is ID023

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2023, 10:43:23 AM »
 :agreepost: Thanks SCM!
Well Phan000, your xmas shopping isn't done yet... get ahold of Jim of Midwest Slots.
His phone number's on the NLG homepage.
Maybe he's got a BV for ya?
Tell him I sent ya!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 11:05:31 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2023, 08:09:47 AM »
Thanks for all help.  Getting close.

Anyone know what number the display bulbs in the barcrest portion?

I have a few for the tiny ones out as well as a handful of the larger ones.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2024, 12:42:36 PM »
Still having a few issues with the barcrest.

Power on turns on everything except left barcrest lights.  They initially turn on for a moment & fade.

After multiple power cycles,  barcrest operates perfectly & stays working.

Thinking the barcrest PSU might be failing?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal