New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Testing a CC-16 24v IGT  (Read 2779 times)

Offline 850mph

• Duke of NY - “A” number “1”
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • 850mph New User has no influence.
  • You know I’m Born to Lose & Gamblin’s for Fools!
Testing a CC-16 24v IGT
« on: October 21, 2023, 05:26:48 AM »
I’ve spent a couple of hours on this forum, on YouTube, and with the manuals… but still have a couple of questions about the CC-16 24v used in the S+….

I get it, there were dozens of models made, and somewhere on this site there is a good list of what acceptor goes with what machine.

Couple of questions

1) Are the letters and numbers AFTER the “16” in the device name simply a REVISION code?
— ie CC-16 D 100
— the thing that matters are the two grey wires going to the rake, indicating 24v AC device

2) I have what I assume is an early version of the CC-16 with a RED LED
— Or, has someone perhaps replaced the LED?
— Does it function differently?

3) Does the GREEN LED on the 24v unit (IGT) only light up when the door is closed and door optics line up?
— I have seen video of the MICRO COMPARITOR (purple label) on a workbench where the green light is active all the time
— Perhaps on the 16v DC units the green light stays on all the time?

4) supposedly there are three states to the CC-16 which are indicated by the LED (Green, Red, Orange)
— Are there ways to FORCE these states for testing purpose?
— Or am I confuse and this color system is not available on the CC-16, with only one LED?

5) I understand the S+ coin-in optics controller unit can be tested from the S+ Test diagnostic system
— any way to test the CC-16 from the diagnostic system
— (some posts say the green light stays on when in the test mode…??)

And finally, if you’ve got what might be a dead comparitor…

On MY SPECIFIC unit, the previous owner bent back the rake so all coins drop through into the coin-in optics…

Obviously this implies there is something wrong with the unit…

Without metering the jumpers— is there a simple mechanical way to determine if my CC-16 is functioning correctly?

Here’s the thing…. When these units were $25-30 it made sense to simply replace a malfunctioning unit without testing…. But now at what looks like $100+ on eBay… it makes sense to come up with a more specific diagnosis… am I wrong about this? Or are these units just too complicated for the average joe to even attempt to repair once bad connections/shorts can be ruled out?

Thnx.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 06:01:05 AM by 850mph »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Testing a CC-16 24v IGT
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 06:31:15 AM »
I have no idea what the letters are for....never needed to know except for this...>>>
CC16-D is for small denomination coins.
CC33-D is for large denomination coins.
Only use 24VAC comparitor boards with the gray wires for an S+.

Many homeslot owners don't know what sized encoder guide is sandwiched in between the coin-in optic boards under the CC.
If they have the encoder for large denomination tokens, nickels and quarters will miss the optics, not register as credit to the MPU, and drop the coins back into the coin tray.

The LED diode on the CC ONLY comes on when the door optics "see" each other...either visually or bypassed in continuity.
Jump the purple and red wires together for the emitter & reciever harnesses and the LED diode on the CC comes on.
It doesn't matter what color it is.....I've seen red, amber, and green ones.

In my opinion, someone that bends the rake back is just too lazy to replace the capacitor on the CC circuit board....but ordering, then replacing caps and soldering is too hard to do right? lol

Any CC test unit you make MUST allow the coins to drop from 2" ABOVE the CC to work correctly as the CC computes time and speed of the coin falling thru the unit.
Personally, I made a "Frankenstein" tester...everything is exposed on a bench...outside of any cabinet.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 12:07:12 PM »
since you have a belly door machine you can take the coin comp. bracket off and drop the belly door and watch the entire operation of the cc-16 etc.  you will see if the LED comes on.

turn the adjustment all the way ccw.
measure the voltage across the large cap on the cc-16 board, should be around 19vdc.

with the rake bent out of the way, does it accept a coin and establish a credit??

Hope this helps.

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline 850mph

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 09:53:34 PM »
Thnx…..
And YES the machine accepts the coin and gives a credit….
I can play this machine … no problems with credits and payouts and diagnostics.
Will test CC-16 through belly door and test voltages when the sun comes up!
Cheers.

Offline 850mph

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2023, 06:10:09 AM »
Now here’s a SURPRISE!

I swapped out an undamaged (no bent rake) CC16 with the unit I was using with a bent rake…
and…
The second unit works just fine—
Rejects non quarters to tray, accepts quarters, drops to/through coin ops which gives credits, and drops to hopper…
The unit also rejects all coins when a sample coin is NOT inserted in the comparitor

Then….

I bent back the rake on the first unit back into the correct position…
and…
The first unit works perfectly with quarters also.

I now have a couple of working CC-16, and a couple of questions.

QUESTION

1) if output test 2-34 correctly lights the CC-16 LED
— does that mean ITS LIKELY THE WHOLE UNIT works, or simply that it’s getting power?

2) if the LED lights up when passed through belly door when door is closed
— does that mean it’s LIKELY THE WHOLE UNIT works, or simply that it’s getting power?

FINALLY

Although I can hold my own with a multi meter around the house with mechanical stuff…
I’m no genius with a multi meter on PC boards and don’t want to blow my units up.

From experience I know PC boards are generally DC voltage, and batteries and board components should be measured with DC voltage multimeter settings.

But let me ask before I test the BIG capacitor on the CCs board just for kixxx as Jim suggests…

The CC16 is pulling down 24 volts AC, right?

So should the BIG capacitor in the unit be measured pulling AC voltage?
-or-
As Jim suggests above should the cap be pulling around 19 volts DC?

Just double checking.

Thanks..

« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 06:57:29 AM by 850mph »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2023, 10:54:15 AM »
It may be getting power, a good first step test, BUT is it producing a vend pulse.
In a Bally the COD board must see the vend pulse from the coin comparator or it will report a 21
error and tilt the game.
In a IGT the optic board below the coin comparator must see a vend pulse from the comparator
or a 21 error will be reported there.
The vend pin is where I connect my o-scope so I can see the narrow pulse but attaching a LED to the vend output will show a flicker on the LED verifying the vend pulse.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal