New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How to power and connect a Kristel 22" top box monitor  (Read 4960 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
How to power and connect a Kristel 22" top box monitor
« on: January 26, 2016, 05:18:42 PM »
Guys,

I have a BB1 top box assy and 22" Kristel monitor for the top box.  I just learned that this monitor doesn't just take a regular 110v power cord like an LCD monitor that plugs into the wall.

So...what do I need to get to connect this up?  Is it a custom plug?  Can I order the power cord?  Some mention a power brick. 

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: How to power and connect a Kristel 22" top box monitor
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 05:43:52 PM »
Sort of along those same lines, I have a question about powering additional accessories.  So if you look at the photo, I have 3 components that plug into a 3 plug.  That plug/cord goes down into a power receptacle below the motherboard.  The components are a Bettor TITO, Bally Mastercom 250, and an HP 21" LCD monitor (temporary solution until my conversion is done).

Is it ok to plug these devices into this receptacle?  Or would it be better to plug the devices into the Power supply under the cash can?  See other photo.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline JDKMunch

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 03:49:26 PM »
A BB1 power supply is rated at 300 watts.   If you wire any  top box monitor kristel or ceronix up to the backplane - anything at all wired from the PS - the machine will draw more than 300 watts and reduce the life of your power supply.   I've ran both ceronix and kristel off the backplane measuring the draw from both and the best solution is to have the monitor draw off of a separate power source.   A BB1 power supply was under rated for the machine without adding additional draw to it. 

IMHO

Offline JDKMunch

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 03:51:39 PM »
PS the three plug is fine because it doesn't go through the power supply -  the kristel or ceronix (unless it's the 6000 series) will  need a power supply.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 04:56:21 PM »
Thanks!  Great information!

Jason

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 07:56:35 PM »
J, you will need a brick supply like the pic. I don't remember the exact specs on the Kristel, but can find that out and match the amps/watts etc. You will also need a connector to run wires to the molex that will fit into the monitors power-in, 2nd pic.

I used a brick for both my top and touch monitor on my BB1.5 w/22's. Still works, no issues. And the member that bought my BB1.5 plays that beeotch all the time.

:cool_thumb_up:

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 08:24:20 PM »
BB2 22"

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 08:34:37 PM »
I have one brick on order for the Kristel 22" non-touchscreen monitor for the top box.  I think I found a Kristel 22" touchscreen for the main monitor, but it isn't a done deal yet.  I guess I'll need to order a second brick for that one.  When all of the parts get here, I'm hoping it all works out!  ;)

Jason

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 08:35:34 PM »
I think my Kristel was 8amp. Doesn't have a friendly sticker like the Wells that shows specs. -Amps are importante'  :yes:

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 08:37:54 PM »
I have one brick on order for the Kristel 22" non-touchscreen monitor for the top box.  I think I found a Kristel 22" touchscreen for the main monitor, but it isn't a done deal yet.  I guess I'll need to order a second brick for that one.  When all of the parts get here, I'm hoping it all works out!  ;)

Jason
Cool. You will need those little connectors pictured and the molex connectors that fit the monitors. Those brick supplies will not just plug in.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 11:02:03 PM »

Jason
Cool. You will need those little connectors pictured and the molex connectors that fit the monitors. Those brick supplies will not just plug in.

Got em Matt.  Thanks!

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 11:27:17 AM »
Jason, I power my main 22" touchscreen monitor from the bb1 backplane.  The top monitor is powered by a/c mains since it is an NEC.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 12:03:44 PM »
Jason,

How soon until we see pictures of your conversion? Bringing back memories!
-------
Charles

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 12:36:30 PM »
Pieces will be tricking in anytime between now and next week.  I'll post pictures.

Jason

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 12:47:52 PM »
If you guys were using 24V monitors you wouldn't have to use power bricks or blowing up the power supply.  There is a separate 24V power supply below the bose sound amp. The machine hardly uses 24V, I know the printer uses it but there is plenty of 24V power to spare.  My machines have both Ceronix and Kortek monitors in them powered by the backplane.  Kortek is 24V only, Ceronix is both 24V and 12V. Both of these monitors pull about 2.5 amps so lots of power to spare in the 24V amp which is rated at 10.5 amps.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal