New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Screen lag on AVP SMLD  (Read 3269 times)

Offline wilm245

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • wilm245 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Screen lag on AVP SMLD
« on: July 16, 2020, 03:34:52 PM »
I recently purchased a multi game winners choice AVP slot machine in a G23 cabinet with a 3D SMLD touchscreen.  I really like the machine albeit I don't know much about but I am slowly learning.  I do have an ekey and diagnostic key.  Everything on the machine seems to work great with the exception of a noticeable screen lag that seems to come and go randomly.  The best way to describe the issue is sometimes the reels freeze or glitch for a split second.  The audio effects seem to have a coinciding glitch.  For example when the reels are spinning and a bonus symbol appears on a reel, that reel spin will often freeze for a microsecond and the bonus symbol sound effect will have a bit of a glitch at the same time.  This issue seems to be more noticeable on the 3D games and I seem to notice it more when bonus symbols appear or special features happen.  Initially I thought that the problem might be because I had too many games loaded on the system, but removing several games did not result in any improvement.  When I go into system settings my Nominal NVRAM Utilization is 40.2%.  My machine has the following system packages:

AVP014-00390 package
QNX6.5-003 package
CONFIG014-007-134 package
AVPSHOW014-13 package

The computer in the bottom of the cabinet has the following stickers on it:
P/N 50066000W
CODE:2102218
AVP 660
DATE:0613

784954-2100

AI014-A06  S2013-0273
AVP014-00390  S2013-0274

AVP

PNY
SSD

i would have posted pictures of these but the files are too large and my photosharing apps aren't cooperating.  If anyone has any ideas about what might be contributing to this lag issue as well as any possible solutions please share your thoughts.  Thanks in advance for taking the time to read, and for any knowledge that you can share.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Screen lag on AVP SMLD
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 04:05:15 PM »
You already have the fastest mpu you can use on these machines.  Sometimes when you switch games, the game doesn't load the entire game assets.  So when you hit the bonus, the game loads the required assets resulting in the hiccup.  If you have persistent hiccups even after the game has been loaded for a bit and you have played the same game triggering the bonus multiple times, you might be having issues where the game is hanging up doing some other process on the background, like writing out gameplay data etc.  Your bios stickers are probably not correct either, you probably have showchips and the dealer didn't bother replacing the stickers, but that is not the cause of your issues.  Do you know if you have 2GB or 4GB of RAM?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 04:14:04 PM »
I am pretty sure I remember seeing 4GB somewhere, but I am not 100%.  How can I check?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 07:17:44 PM »
Open mpu and look a memory sticks.  You should also be able to find the RAM total somewhere in the setup or diagnostic menus.  I've never looked for it, but it should be there.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 01:33:53 PM »
Open mpu and look a memory sticks.  You should also be able to find the RAM total somewhere in the setup or diagnostic menus.  I've never looked for it, but it should be there.
I didn't open the mpu to look at the memory sticks but I did come across a screen somewhere in the setup or diagnostic menu that says "Free Memory/Total Memory: 3588 MB/4095 MB."  Would that mean that my machine has 4GB's RAM?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 02:44:25 PM »
Then you have 4GB of RAM. The only other thing is the PNY SSD.  I am not entirely sure if there are any issues using PNY (they use so many different controllers sometimes, it is hard to generalize).  I use exclusively Sandisk SSD's on mine and have never had issues.  Might be worth a try as there's really nothing else I can think of, unless you have something configured wrong and the system is trying to poll something that doesn't exist, though I've never seen something like this without getting some sort of error eventually.

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 03:09:48 PM »
Thank you for your reply Rick.  I am not sure how difficult or involved it would be to upgrade my machine with a Sandisk SSD.  Is it a very complicated process?  On another note, the individual that I purchased the machine from is supposedly very knowledgeable when it comes to IGT machines.  I have reported this issue to him, although I don't think I was as descriptive with him as I have been in this post.  He seems to suspect that the problem may be happening because the video card is beginning to fail.  Based on how I have described the issue in this post, do you think there is a possibility that the video card could be the culprit?

Offline jakah440

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • jakah440 New User barely matters.jakah440 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 04:52:29 PM »
it would be interesting to see if the video card is a E4690. You never know what might have been swapped out at some time. Does it have 2 DVI outputs? or one DVI and one VGA?
Maybe a picture?

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 12:55:40 PM »
it would be interesting to see if the video card is a E4690. You never know what might have been swapped out at some time. Does it have 2 DVI outputs? or one DVI and one VGA?
Maybe a picture?
It has 2 DVI outputs and there is also a VGA.  I have attached a picture and also a link to a video of the lagging.  It is most noticeable towards the middle to end of the video when the 7's and Takes the Cake games are being played.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/odl25zr5s6mf65y/20200724_135433.mp4?dl=0

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2020, 02:52:24 PM »
Yeah, that's kind of excessive, I don't get those kinds of lags, not even on the original 3.0 mpu that does not even have a dual core cpu.  I would try a different video card or mpu.  There's definitely something wrong there.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 06:41:49 PM »
If there's a fan, check to see if it works to cool everything down...cpu might be getting too hot?  :Scratch-Head:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 12:34:25 PM »
If there's a fan, check to see if it works to cool everything down...cpu might be getting too hot?  :Scratch-Head:
I don't think its the fan.  There are several fans on that machine and somewhere in the diagnostics/setup pages there is a screen that displays the rpm's of every fan.  There is also a screen that displays the current temp, as well as the minimum and max temps of several of the machines components.  Those screens didn't indicate that there was anything unusual going on with the fans or any excessive temps.  My screen lagging issue does seem to become more noticeable the longer the machine is turned on so heat might be doing something to make it worse...

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 04:42:39 AM »
I would centralizing my efforts around the video card & cpu as rickhunter suggested.
Some component closely relating to video is going out of whack as it heats up.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 02:14:41 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline topgun911

• Reputation Power: 24
  • topgun911 New User barely matters.topgun911 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2020, 04:49:36 PM »
Was wondering if you guys figured out the lag issues and if so what was needed to correct it ?
My g23 is doing the same thing but seems to play better the longer I stay on the same game and not go to another
Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks jim

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2021, 10:52:02 AM »
I have yet to solve this problem on my machine. I have tried everything that has been suggested except I have not replaced the RAM sticks so I am going to try that. Which specific RAM sticks do I need to purchase? And is replacing them as simple as removing the old ones from the motherboard and popping the new ones in, or is there more to it than that?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2021, 01:42:59 PM »
Yes to the replacement.  They are ddr2-800's desktop memory type.  IGT usually has the transcend brand, but any brand will work really.  Get a pair of 2GB dimms to max out the memory.

Offline topgun911

• Reputation Power: 24
  • topgun911 New User barely matters.topgun911 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2021, 11:27:58 AM »
I had all the same issues with lagging screen/sound .
Swapped out video card that didn’t help
A buddy of mine asked what OS was running in machine and pretty sure it was one of the most recent game King Os (I’m not exactly sure what os number was running)my buddy suggested [size=78%]A1014A09 OS [/size]
Once that os was installed the g23 runs like a champ no issues what so ever and is loaded with games at 80%nvram

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2021, 12:06:48 PM »
Yes to the replacement.  They are ddr2-800's desktop memory type.  IGT usually has the transcend brand, but any brand will work really.  Get a pair of 2GB dimms to max out the memory.
I got my hands on 2 ddr2-800 2gb sticks.  Are they plug and play...just take the old ones out and pop the new ones in or is it more involved than that? Any RAM clear or other actions necessary?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2021, 03:42:46 PM »
Nothing to clear, just replace.

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2021, 03:54:56 PM »
Nothing to clear, just replace.
You will probably think this is stupid and it probably is...the ram sticks I'm going to try are not brand new.  They came out of an old working PC I have however they are identical to the sticks in my machine.  As cheap as they are I am going to purchase some brand new ones but I want to try these now to see if they fix the problem. With that being said, can I still just pop them in without clearing anything?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal