New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Evo video slot - general questions...  (Read 35573 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Evo video slot - general questions...
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2014, 09:19:24 PM »
ok I did another clear and configured settings. The CV slot version said JRCM control set at operator and the EVO settings from (someone here) NLG said SAS
I set it for operator.
I'm getting the same black box but with HOST COMM: LINK UP
But the black box is just staying there. It did boot up before and I heard the DBV make the grinding noise.
It won't accept anything... yet. Do I have to wait more?

UPDATE: opened the door, checked settings, closed door. Now it says
HOST COMM: LINK DOWN

On the top left of the screen it says "power reset    door open logic"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:18:01 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2014, 11:58:11 PM »
Attached are my settings for an EVO video slot.  This was setup for TITO but it should work without it.  Hope it helps

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2014, 12:05:58 AM »
logic open error means the microswitch on the suitcase is not in lock position.  There are two micorswitches on suitcase and one on the game board on the top.  I don't remember which has to be open and which closed.  If you are using locks on the suitcase then the locks must be closed otherwise you set the switches by moving spade lugs to simulate the lock position.  Slot will not operate unless this is done.  Try the settings in the attached sheet to see if you can eliminate the COMM LINK error.  TJ

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2014, 12:48:22 AM »
The two microswitches above the suitcase are tied closed. The old suitcase had no locks. The new suitcase does have locks but I have no keys. Regardless... I'm assuming that means the working suitcase is set for one or both switches to be open. Should I just cut the wire ties on both and see what happens.
Thanks also for the settings.
Sorry one thing always leads to another question... my machine is a progressive...I have no idea how that sent data to the top box but, if I change my settings, should I enable progressive? Probably a dumb question...  :sorry:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 01:07:31 AM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2014, 04:16:23 AM »
Do not cut the wires as one of these switches is open and the other closed.  If they are tied closed to simulate locking then that should be OK.  It could be a settings thing too. The progressive in the top is not an easy thing to set up.  I am no expert on it but I do know you need to make a harness to set it and also you need software and a computer with a serial port to set it up.  I have set these up before but it has been quit some time ago.  You need to find someone on here who knows more about it than I do to get it going.  The slot will run without the progressive setup.  I would just unplug the power to it for now.  I think the J6 plug you removed from the backplane is for the progressive.  A simple solution to getting the progressive going is to remove the box and send it t someone to set it up for you. As far as logic door error, I would do another CLEAR and see if the settings I sent you work.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2014, 09:35:50 AM »
No... I won't cut the wires... but the wire TIES holding them closed. I think it could be those switches. The display showing the open door changes when I open the belly glass door - it lights up a lower portion. When I open the main door, it lights up all the top from the middle upward. But when I close that main door, the middle remains light - like it's indicating an inner "door."
But first - I'll try your settings later this morning when I get home.  :applause:

This machine was already set up for the progressive display to do something. The previous owner said it worked when he played the machine. I did find a completely dead lithium battery in it though, which I replaced.

I'll report back.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2014, 02:13:30 PM »
Okay the settings were okay... I had used your sheet (tjlee) before I knew you.
I unclipped both wire ties to the switches and got the same black box but now with

Door open
CD LOGIC (something like that)

I retied the CD door microswitch and now have
Door open: logic

I'm wondering if those switches needed resetting? I'll wire tie the other one and see what happens.

UPDATE:
no change... I get the same DOOR OPEN: LOGIC message... did not...
So,  the CD switch DID create a new error when opened and the other switch remained the same, whether closed or opened. Hmmm
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 02:29:32 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2014, 02:46:43 PM »
Attached you will find two pictures of the switches in the suitcase bay.  Both are wired correctly to bypass them.  Do not use a wire tie on these wired like this and make sure they don't activate when putting the suitcase in the bay.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2014, 11:40:57 PM »
I redid the wires exactly as pictured and got the same result DOOR OPEN MAIN LOGIC
Just for the hell of it, I pressed the micro switch on the right side. Nothing changed. But on the left side the CD icon came up. So I know that switch is working. Not sure where to go now.

Update (again!)
I just realized that the top MPU has a microswitch... stand by!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:00:36 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2014, 12:10:12 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: GOT A WORKING MACHINE :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
I pressed the top microswitch in and the error went away and the machine rebooted with no errors... just main door open. So I wired tied the upper switch, rebooted and it's working perfectly...well the machine takes bills but not coins. Not sure what's up with that.
THANK YOU to tjlee and vtyler for your incredible help and patience! And thanks to CV slots for the moral support as well!

And now to program that upper progressive box! I will start a new thread for that.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2014, 06:42:33 AM »
glad to hear it, i have only ever setup a mikohn on an s2000.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2014, 09:33:06 PM »
Here's a picture of the whole thing!
I got the CC to work - I had to do another clear and change my settings to "COIN ACCEPTOR AND COD BOARD."

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal