New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Evo video slot - general questions...  (Read 35578 times)

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Evo video slot - general questions...
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2014, 07:54:13 PM »
No printer.
I found two screws on top and got the entire Mikohn unit out... here's a picture to show how it was piggybacked to the power supply.
Also another shot of all plugs in top box. I did have to wire all this together. The previous owner had it all apart. But I did get everything from the lower part shoved back up into the top box.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:54:31 AM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2014, 12:23:26 PM »
lets try looking somewhere else. by the right side of the monitor in the back you should have a connector that has 3 rows of 3 making 9 terminals total(it may be hidden behind the bell). does this have anything plugged into it and if so where does it run?

also if you do have an extra suitcase and haven't already tried it its worth a shot these things do tend to overheat and die.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2014, 11:55:29 PM »
I'm getting 2 working suitcases, 2 working mpu's, 1 CRT, and other parts... hopefully Thursday.
Here's what I see behind the CRT
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2014, 06:57:12 AM »
well i see what im looking for but its already been bypassed so thats not the problem. when you got it was any of the cables unplugged from the backplane in the most recent picture?  thairs quite a few differences for your evo to any that i have worked on im thinking you may have a newer revision.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2014, 09:40:29 AM »
This machine looks nearly new... most of the dates say 2003 or 2004 on it.
Nothing was unplugged from the back and everything seems to be where it's supposed to be. I don't see any plugs that could possible be in the wrong position.

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2014, 10:11:34 AM »
best bet would be see if the suitcase or mpu you are getting will fix it everything i see from the pics seems ok otherwise.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2014, 10:15:32 AM »
I hope I can just swap out the suitcase... without blowing up anything. I will, of course, check all the connections with my other one before I just plug it in. The seller told me everything is tested and working and he's reliable.  :applause:

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2014, 10:32:25 AM »
next one i build im going to do some experimentation on nearing the tail end of converting one to a arcade emulator, then i will take the effort to dig out one of the other ones we have.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2014, 12:58:57 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause:
Okay tomorrow...actually later today (I should be in bed  :zzzz: ) I'll be getting a nice big box full of EVO parts. I'm getting two tested/working top MPU's and two working suitcases. Is there anything weird I need to know or can I just check wiring and SWAP out the suitcases?

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2014, 08:13:08 AM »
i have never had to do anything special to any of my machines. but maybe someone else has a better idea.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2014, 08:19:54 AM »
That's good enough for me. I'll swap one out soon as my big box gets here. Thank you. I'll post back.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2014, 12:33:02 AM »
Big box arrived. I swapped out the suitcase with the other (tested by seller) and same thing! No boot up. Same "no signal" on the CRT.
The fan comes on on the suitcase. There was no light on the DVD as well. Just for kicks, I put in the DVD from the original suitcase and it DID light up but didn't run, and I got the same "no signal" screen. I'm thinking this particular has a light just to indicate it's getting power.
I did get a top MPU board ... BUT it's not the same as mine. It's narrower and the plugs in the back are closer together. There's no way it will fit. It's entirely different.
I have no idea what to do now.  :duh:

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2014, 06:26:55 AM »
Can u post some pics of the 2 mpus.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2014, 03:29:28 PM »
fatal error! That's all I get almost each time I try and post here...I'll try one more time. It also keeps erasing my message.
Got one picture... still getting this:
Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11964 bytes) in /home/nlgcom/public_html/nlg/Sources/Subs-Graphics.php on line 412

Large MPU is mine.
Also I'll attempt to post a picture of the replacement suitcase. It looks like mine, I think. Tried replacing the video cards (which DO look slightly different)  in each... replacement card in original suitcase, and putting original card in replacement suitcase. No change.

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2014, 05:44:45 PM »
Bottom board is evo mpu. Top board looks maybe game maker.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2014, 06:18:53 PM »
Top board is an EVO Hybrid slot game board(see pic below).  Mark--I have three EVO video boards on eBay right now.  All these boards are working with new batteries.  Send me a PM if you are interested.  We maybe could do some parts trading. TJ

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2014, 07:14:01 PM »
I knew i had seen it before it's been a wile since I have pulled the board out of the funky times.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2014, 11:13:23 PM »
Top board is an EVO Hybrid slot game board(see pic below).  Mark--I have three EVO video boards on eBay right now.  All these boards are working with new batteries.  Send me a PM if you are interested.  We maybe could do some parts trading. TJ

I don't need the hybrid mpu that I got. The seller said it was for mine but it definitely won't fit!   I don't really know where to go at this point. Everyone said it's the "suitcase" that boots up the machine. So... it would seem I'd need to see what tells the DVD to start reading. It's getting power but not the signal to read. I'll send a PM.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:57:45 AM by shortrackskater »

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2014, 07:52:56 AM »
yes and no the suitcase is where the video comes from but thair is 2 wires that go from the mpu to the suitcase. if the mpu sees a fault the it may not let the suitcase fully boot. if your getting 12v but the suitcase is not coming online it's a good chance its being held in reset. i thought i had you check this early on if not im sorry. 12v power on all my evos comes from the suitcase power supply.

have you ever tried powering it on with out the mpu?

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2014, 11:14:11 AM »
I've never tried powering it on without the mpu. All the LEDs are light up as well. One thing... and it's on another thread...I did have a blow up D9 on the MPU. I replaced it but that's not to say that there still isn't a problem up there still. I'll try powering it on w/o the mpu when I get back home tomorrow.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1872.0

One more question... I do understand the EVO takes a long time to boot up. BUT... shouldn't the DVD engage or at least open and close when the machine powers up? I know the DVDr is getting power.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:46:10 PM by shortrackskater »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal