New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB2E > BB3/Blade NXT3.2 conversion, Cabinet Type not allowed error...  (Read 106 times)

Offline sccarlso

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Haven't had to ask a question in awhile, but the issue I'm having has been discussed.  Just don't see why it would even apply here.

Complete/Working BB2E (dual 22in screens) w/ working emotive lighting controller connected.

I picked up a well refurbished NXT3.2 CPU with bios/jur chip included, and the power adapter cable included to put in the BB2 for the extra power plug required on the NXT3.2 CPU.

Very easy swap.  All I really had to do was replace the CPU box, plug in the power cable, reattach everything.  As well as connect a new DVI cable from the secondary port on the CPU to the top monitor as it was connected with VGA to the NXT2 CPU box.  Powered up with a BB3 clear card, no issues or notable errors, and successfully cleared NVRAM banks 1 and 2, as well as the backplane.  Waiting for a specific game to arrive, but had the IL Game Chest and OS CF cards so I'd at least be able to test.  Everything lit up correctly, both monitors are crisp and no issues with touchscreen, or anything else.   

No issues booting, OS and game CF installed just fine.  Completed initial configuration and enabled the games, (not enabling the ones known to not work though).  Everything clear and good. 

But after closing up, I got the unexpected "Cabinet type not allowed for this game"

Doesn't make sense because from everything I read up on, supposedly if you have a BB2E with an emotive lighting controller connected it should keep this from happening?

Just to see, I unplugged J14 completely and got the same error.   The backplane is supposed to be common across them and what I read was you would only need to jumper a pin or two at J14 so it would see the cabinet as a blade if you didn't have the emotive lighting controller connected?

If you don't have the lighting controller, then from prior posts, grounding pin 5 of J14 should make it detect as a blade cabinet.   And all the games on the IL Game Chest should have no issues displaying.  The game attract video even came up on the top screen perfectly after exiting the error screen, but the "call attendant" error just comes up and blocks the lower screen and that's where the "Cabinet type not allowed for this game" is clearly the issue.  I would think if it was an issue with the bios or jur chip types it would flag that as well or not install at all.

Also noticed the NVRAM battery low message.  But those are the only tilts when closed up.  The NVRAM battery low shouldn't block playing the installed/enabled games.

But couldn't find any mention of a jumper needed on a BB2E when the emotive lighting controller is connected and J14 is cable connected as well.

All that was mentioned was if you didn't have an actual BB2E with the emotive lighting controller, and just a BB2, J14 wouldn't be connected and you should jumper pins noted from the post a few years ago at the end of this post.

Anyone know what I need to do to get the cabinet type to be detected as one that the IL Game Chest set apparently allows?  Haven't found any info other than jumping pins, but can't really do so when there's a connector in it!  :)   And it shouldn't be needed with an emotive lighting controller connected.  Or so I thought.  Would love to know what I need to adjust the cabined type that's detected to one the game chest considers allowed.

Also while I'm asking about this.  Anyone happen to know the battery type and how many are required to replace the NVRAM batteries in the NXT3.2 CPU box so I won't have a hassle there for awhile either!

Thanks in advance!!!

Ref: For BB2 cabinet type changes when no emotive lighting controller is present:

Some BB2 (?) and BB3 games are made for certain cabinet types, limiting those that have a singe game cabinet, yet the backplane is the same for BB1, BB2, BB3, Blade, Blade2, Gamefield, and some others.   The only difference is setting various pins on J14 of the backplane.

Pin 1 to ground makes unknown cabinet
Pin 2 to ground makes unknown cabinet
Pin 3 to ground makes Gamefield
Pin 4 to ground makes GFxDv1
Pin 5 to ground makes Blade1 .. (not sure if it is Blade1 or Blade2)
pin 6 to ground makes sVAR1  (value 11)
pin 7 to ground makes video change
pin 8 to ground makes unknown cabinet
pin 9 to ground makes unknown cabinet
pin 10 to ground makes CPU Logic Box OK

Pins 4 + 5 to ground makes cabinet type S32  (Value 9)
Can connect these pins to switches that go to ground to make it easy to switch.

Online coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: BB2E > BB3/Blade NXT3.2 conversion, Cabinet Type not allowed error...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 09:31:33 PM »
The battery low will block you from playing. But thats not the issue to get IL game chest working.

Here are my notes for setting up that game set....

For Illinois Game Chest.

J10 - Disconnect pin 10 (You can leave pin 12 connected to put back to normal after removing Illnois Game Chest)

J14 - Connect Jumper from 5-17. Another Jumper from 10-18

Connect DVI Scaler for main monitor to fit the picture.

Back to BB2e/BB3.

Disconnect ALL jumpers from J14.
Reconnect to J10 back to pin 10.
-------
Charles

Offline sccarlso

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: BB2E > BB3/Blade NXT3.2 conversion, Cabinet Type not allowed error...
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 09:42:54 PM »
AHHHH!  Thank you!!!

Is this something specific to the IL Game Chest?

I have EDID plugs that can be manually set for a specific resolution EDID to be returned all the time.
Would that work as well?   If so, what should the screen resolution be set to in the EDID?  If that's the case?

Or does it actually need a "scaler"?

Much appreciated!!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal