New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1168 Lucky Stars (Australian)  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Rod71

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Rod71 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 1168 Lucky Stars (Australian)
« on: August 30, 2021, 04:00:03 PM »
Helping out a guy with a Lucky Stars.  Pretty straight forward 4 reeler with no feature or hold and draw.  But it pays in both directions.

He says it seems to be working fine besides not paying on certain pays.

Example it won't pay out on

10 - - -
10 10 - -
- - 10 10

But it will pay on 10 10 10 10

This led me to believe it may have something to do with the payout stepper on the hopper, as the non paying combos paid 2 and 5

Hopper seems to be working fine as far as stepping up and returning to home goes.  But wondering about only one zero position switch?

So where it gets interesting is that I asked him to set up some other pays to see if they are working.  JJJ KKK AAA etc., he came back and said KKK from the left didn't pay.  So now I'm thinking we might have a wiring / connection issue.

Without schematics I'm wondering what the next move should be.

Inspect beau plugs male and female on mechs and cabinet for broken wires etc.  After that I'm not sure. Set up a pay that doesn't pay and check continuity from the index boards to the plugs?

Thanks in advance :)

Rod

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Bally 1168 Lucky Stars (Australian)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 06:43:49 PM »
given the left-right pay and large number of pays, are there diodes in the game - usually on the reel wiper boards?

if yes, that'll complicate checking a circuit path for a win since you can't just verify a path from wire 90 (probably) to a payout trace when you set up a winner. 

you'll likely need to trace a pay and basically draw the schem from the reels to the payout counter yourself.  Usually the low pay wires on the payout counter go directly to reel 1 wiper board, so that should help.

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 03:29:08 PM »
given the left-right pay and large number of pays, are there diodes in the game - usually on the reel wiper boards?

if yes, that'll complicate checking a circuit path for a win since you can't just verify a path from wire 90 (probably) to a payout trace when you set up a winner. 

you'll likely need to trace a pay and basically draw the schem from the reels to the payout counter yourself.  Usually the low pay wires on the payout counter go directly to reel 1 wiper board, so that should help.

I'm helping the guy online, so i'll get some pics of the wiper boards over the weekend.  See if there's any diodes there.  I've seen the contact side and they look a bit manky, so I told him to clean them up to begin with :)

Whats up with the single zero switch on the hopper?.  I understand they were revised over the years.  This one is from 1979
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 03:22:30 PM by Rod71 »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 06:05:38 PM »
you mean the mangled vertical switch?

it's not really a zero switch because it can't be used to detect reset vs. step 1+ of the payout counter.  The carriage movement isn't that fast or precise.

my 929 has a similar switch called "open after 20 carriage switch".   It's used in the payout circuits, and could be the guys problem as it should be closed during low pays.  It won't open exactly at step 20 of the payout counter, but in his game it probably should be closed thru 18 steps of the payout counter.

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 08:02:49 PM »
Oh wow, ok.  Are you referring to the switches in the pic below?

I was talking about the single switch on the green plastic thingy above it.  The 2 hoppers I have here both have a double switch there.

Anyway, I didn't take much notice of the switches pictured. They do look a bit bent out of shape.  I'll ask him over the weekend to step up and return home and see how they are behaving.  Both of my hoppers don't have them, so I'm guessing they are game specific.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 07:41:29 AM »
the carriage switch should look like the below pic.

the zero switch on almost all games disconnects the payout counter reset coil so it doesn't fire if the counter is already reset. 

on a few games, there's an extra blade on the zero switch so it's a SPDT / make-break switch.  Most games that need more switches that open/close when the payout counter is reset use the reset pawl switch stack on the ratchet side of the payout counter.

what games do your hoppers with the extra switch go in?

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2021, 03:18:43 PM »
Interesting!
The games that I have here are Circus and Golden Gate which are essentially the same game but different art, so that makes sense.

OK now for the vertical switches.  Your pic shows them in a state with the hopper stepped up to 20 or there about?

Just wondering if I should suggest to him to set his switches up like yours.  Left side closed, right side open. 

That pic is amazingly helpful.  Thanks so much for that!

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2021, 03:38:35 PM »
my pic is with the payout counter reset.

my switch is actually poorly adjusted.  The two blades on the right should be more-or-less touching each other until near the top when the contact nub holds them apart. 

note they are sandwiched together in the stack, and the right blade has no contact on it ... it's just there to add some resistance when the long blade start pushing against the other blades.

anyway, as long as the long blade contact opens around step 20 of the payout counter, that should do it.

your extra zero switch on the tunnel games is either for the hold-n-draw or the tunnel stop coil - depends on the wire colors on the switch.  The 931 schem is ambiguous.

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2021, 04:12:31 PM »
Excellent. Thanks so much.  I'll pass that on and report back.   :thank_you:

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2021, 02:40:47 PM »
Just a final update with this one.  The owner reports that it was indeed the mangled vertical switches.  Adjusted correctly and it's paying the smaller pays as it should.  Good result!  Big thanks to wolftalk :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal