New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Pickem Poker 10 play Deuces Wild ... Screen display issues.  (Read 4276 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
 "Pickem Poker 10 Play Deuces Wild" worked fine in my recently sold Game Maker. I installed it in my other GM and it won't display properly. The game plays, but the bet/win amounts only show as small red slashes.
The mains that were in that board were version "16". I replaced them with some other mains I had that were"24" which I assume are a newer version. The same thing happened though...red slashes.
The strange thing is that the mains in my now-sold GM were 14's and the game displayed fine.
Any ideas? I'm not up on mains so I guess it's time I need to learn. I thought the newer versions would resolve the problem like my small GM with the "card flip" sounds, which were resolved by updating the mains.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:39:54 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Pickem Poker 10 play Deuces Wild ... game display issues.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 07:24:28 AM »
Mains and graphics chips should be paired together.
Here is a small document to help in the process

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 04:25:58 PM »
Thank you!
And I fixed my post so it made sense. I blame it on exhaustion or maybe the nerve meds!
Now for the next dumb questions: Which graphic chips go with my current mains? Or do I change the mains again? My games are fairly standard - blackjack, bonus blackjack, deuces wild, let it ride, etc.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 06:49:42 AM »
I just checked my last set-up where I was using the -24 mains and I had paired them with  V7G100000004-14  Graphics chips. I think I went this route because it gave me multi-denomination.

Offline ricker

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ricker New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 04:54:53 PM »
Thank you!
And I fixed my post so it made sense. I blame it on exhaustion or maybe the nerve meds!
Now for the next dumb questions: Which graphic chips go with my current mains? Or do I change the mains again? My games are fairly standard - blackjack, bonus blackjack, deuces wild, let it ride, etc.
The graphics needed depend on when the games were developed. The V7000 and V7200 use the same main board. The V7200 cabinets were needed for new games, some of them stand-alone games(multi eprom 3+), like HOT HOT HOT, THE LONE RANGER, CASH ENCOUNTERS, SOAP OPERA, as 12 button decks were needed for the multi-line, multi-bet craze of the time, and a deluxe sound board is needed for great sounds.  Some poker games were developed during this time such as PICK-EM POKER, IMPROVE YOUR HAND, and TRIPLE CHANCE I think, These poker games require the graphics for the V7200 as shown in the chart above(the last 3). It doesn't mean the older graphics won't work, just may display what has been programed for the older version of games/mains

Richard

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 04:48:57 PM »
Thanks Richard.
Just when I think I know stuff... I don't!  :rotfl:
I should have burned copies of the graphic chips/mains of my sold GM. Now I need to search again.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 06:33:35 PM »
Okay now I'm trying to update the graphic chips.
I have limited experience with this...
I'm attempting to replace the existing G0 G1 chips which are 27c020 with 27c4001. All I get is a flashing screen. Is that a compatible chip?
Is there a list anywhere that show game, graphic, mains, etc,  - chips, with what time they are originally along with what will also work? I've sent forever combing through here and the internet and can't find anything. I only have one chart that shows some IGT, Bally Evo, etc but not the Game Maker.
Ahhhhhh!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 04:37:54 PM »
I'll just answer myself here then...
No the 27c020 cannot be replaced with a 27c4001. I tried it and just got a blinking screen.
So I just erased my current graphic chips, updated them and...whattyaknow...It worked and now my pickem poker displays properly!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal