New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S-AVP OS install error  (Read 5098 times)

Offline Nb6047

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Nb6047 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S-AVP OS install error
« on: April 18, 2018, 01:56:34 PM »
Hello all,

First off thank you to everyone for all the knowledge on this site!

I’m attempting to install an OS (14A09) and game (4PJ5) on a 625 3.0 brainbox with 14B boot chips and an intel SSD hard drive.  Soon after the OS begins to install I receive “UNZIP terminated abnormally - exit code 2”. Installation complete displays below the error however it has not been installed. I have tested with different boot chips receiving the same result with 14A chips. 141 chips will let me install successfully however it will not boot after install due the the OS not being compatible (I receive storage authentication failed). Has anyone encountered this error before?  Any insight as to what could be happening?

I appreciate any help or suggestions!

Thanks
Nick
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:22:09 PM by Nb6047 »

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S-AVP OS install error
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 03:55:23 PM »
Are you using a Diagnostic and wiping the machine from the start?

Offline Nb6047

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 03:56:45 PM »
Yes sir.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 04:05:00 PM »
Yes sir.
OEM OS thumb, or known working thumb with just the OS on it upon install?

Offline Nb6047

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 04:21:30 PM »
Yes, OEM AI014A09

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 04:31:17 PM »
Yes, OEM AI014A09
Hmmn.. So wiping all 3, turning machine on with the ekey and AI installed, the little read/write switch is to the left (and CPU switch open)..

I've never seen that error exactly but will think a sec..

Offline Nb6047

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 04:38:32 PM »
Correct.  A few other observations after wiping there is still approximately 2300MBs used space on the hard drive when the OS starts to install (can’t remember if that’s been typical or not seems like it should be much less) After attempting to install the OS and the game (receive same UNZIP terminated abnormally for both) the file size on the hard drive appears to be correct - adds approximately 500 MBs for each. I then receive the dreaded storage authentication failed.

Thank you for the help!

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 04:44:01 PM »
Correct.  A few other observations after wiping there is still approximately 2300MBs used space on the hard drive when the OS starts to install (can’t remember if that’s been typical or not seems like it should be much less) After attempting to install the OS and the game (receive same UNZIP terminated abnormally for both) the file size on the hard drive appears to be correct - adds approximately 500 MBs for each. I then receive the dreaded storage authentication failed.

Thank you for the help!
Batteries changed etc? I'll ask a friend.. I've had errors on machines I've gotten in but not that one..

Offline Nb6047

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 04:47:08 PM »
Yep, batteries are good all around. Replaced and tested them to be sure.

Offline cartman765

• Reputation Power: 8
  • cartman765 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 07:18:35 PM »
Hi, I have two G20"s that one is the same error I am getting on my 625 box when loading software (games) OS would load just fine but when loading a lot of games it would start to boot and then give me that error. So now I load games through the game install menu in the diagnostics menu but I can only load so many or I still get the error. My other machine with the 3.0M box loads everything loads just fine. I still don't know what the problem with my 625 box so I hope you have some luck with yours. I do know that if the nvram fills up it will give that error because I have installed enough games on my 3.0M that when I try to load more games on it will give me that error but there could be a problem with your OS loader.

Offline Nb6047

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 03:46:15 PM »
Today I attempted this on a 620 box and received the same result.  The part that is baffling me is that the install will complete with the “141” boot chips but will produce the UNZIP terminated abnormally - exit code 2 error with “14A” and “14B” boot chips.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 06:57:05 PM »
There are many diff. 14-09 OS systems-some end in diff. numbers.  I suspect you have corrupt stuff.  Your OS must be compatable with your boot chips-There are diff. boot chips also.  Pictures of what you have of boots and software and I can fix your problem or confirm your issues. 

Offline Nb6047

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »
There are many diff. 14-09 OS systems-some end in diff. numbers.  I suspect you have corrupt stuff.  Your OS must be compatable with your boot chips-There are diff. boot chips also.  Pictures of what you have of boots and software and I can fix your problem or confirm your issues.

Boots are AVPSB014B3004
OS loader - AI014A09
Game - GI014004PJ5B011

I sent you a PM with photos. Thank you!

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 04:09:54 PM »
Nick,  Have been in and out of town.  I got your pic's.  None of boot in pci card however.  As a previous member stated about your write/enable toggle in brain box-that is determined by software-some are left some are right-trust me-I know.  Further more a good examination of the software you are attempting to load would explain more. The file must say only this-  igt full install zip.  Just one file-no more than that.  I suspect you have corrupt files but there's a chance you can fix.  The diagnostic has def. been made and the os probably altered.  You have to install the e-key 7 and diag. 14-09 in machine with power off and boot up--grey screen.  Select  remove non-voultable     then check ALL 3 --two at top and one on bottom---it will tell you if jumper is installed or not (toggle switch on a 3.0 series).   

Offline Nb6047

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 06:07:57 PM »
Nick,  Have been in and out of town.  I got your pic's.  None of boot in pci card however.  As a previous member stated about your write/enable toggle in brain box-that is determined by software-some are left some are right-trust me-I know.  Further more a good examination of the software you are attempting to load would explain more. The file must say only this-  igt full install zip.  Just one file-no more than that.  I suspect you have corrupt files but there's a chance you can fix.  The diagnostic has def. been made and the os probably altered.  You have to install the e-key 7 and diag. 14-09 in machine with power off and boot up--grey screen.  Select  remove non-voultable     then check ALL 3 --two at top and one on bottom---it will tell you if jumper is installed or not (toggle switch on a 3.0 series).

No problem!  Sorry, I forgot to include picture of the "Boot 2" chip on the PCI card however it does match "Boot 1" identically "AVPSB014B3004" and I did verify the chip's orientation is correct.  Taking a look at the thumb drive... igt full install zip is the only file on there.  Is there anything else to look for or verify file wise?  I did follow the steps exactly as you mentioned a number of times receiving the same error each time.  I also did verify the switch needs to be to the left on this particular box to enable write.

Thank you!

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 07:26:47 PM »
Ok,  Now post a pic using the e-key 7 and diagnostic -with off then boot and show the packages on the hard drive.  -There is a menu for that in gray/diag. screen.  Post the pic here and not a pm.  This will help others learn. 

Offline Nb6047

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 08:28:29 PM »
Attached are photos of the machine prior to boot with they eKey7 and diagnostic thumb drive inserted and photos of the OS package in the diagnostics (this is after a failed OS install).

Offline dale

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • dale New User barely matters.dale New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 09:08:46 PM »

Hey Barry, not sure if Nick mentioned it but you are familiar with this particular machine.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 09:38:50 PM »
Hey Dale,  And which one was that you sent out and now this member is changing the kit on?.  (I have worked on a couple hundred since those). 

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 09:59:47 PM »
Nick,  Use the E-key 7 and go to I think it's support and look at your boot chips and see what it says-You cannot judge a book by a cover or label.  I have NO Idea what you have or what you have done but you appear to be knowelegible about navigating these?.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal