New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 873 (1046) - Tilt light  (Read 5191 times)

Offline chedderboy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • chedderboy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 873 (1046) - Tilt light
« on: April 10, 2016, 10:19:04 PM »
I was grateful to find someone to work on my Bally 1046 criss-cross EM slot machine.  It was completely inoperable when I bought it and had to acquire few parts to get it going again.  It seems this is exactly the same as the 873 series, but it uses the 6" fluorescent bulbs instead of the regular small bulbs when possible.  I could not locate a "winner paid" light, and the factory win meter was missing.  The machine has a "Tilt" light on the bottom lower front of the reel glass, which appears to function like the winner paid.  When the machine pays off, the Tilt light comes on... Otherwise, it's off.  This machine appears to be exactly like the one I had back in 2010, but I don't recall that "tilt" light ever coming on that machine.  Aside from a couple of pay line light bulbs that may be lose or broken from the ride home, the machine seem to work well otherwise.  Any feedback on this Tilt light greatly appreciated.  On another note, the money bowl I bought to replace the one on the machine would not accommodate the metal coin drop plate that was already on the machine - different bolt patterns?  I didn't put the new one on, but it seems odd it wouldn't fit if the new money bowl fit (new one looks awesome!)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Bally 873 (1046) - Tilt light
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 08:08:22 AM »
Bally was a big-time pinball company back in the day. When they started making slot machines a lot of the terminology and technology carried over. You'll find their pinball stepper units and solenoids inside their early slot machines. The word "Tilt" means an error condition, or a fault as happened. Someone may have wired the Tilt wire to some other connection in your machine, you'd have to trace the wire back to see where it goes. Does the Tilt light come on with all wins and payouts, or just on bigger jackpots?

When you say you can't find a "Winner Paid" light do you mean the bulb itself, or an assembly with the words "Winner Paid" printed on it? There are some folks here with old Bally parts, if you post a request for what you need someone may have it.

On the coin tray that doesn't fit, can you drill new holes in it to match the bolt pattern on your machine? Does the old coin tray have a problem, I didn't see anything wrong in the photo?

I brightened your photos so I could see some details, that's an attractive and colorful machine, looks like it came from Fitzgerald's in Las Vegas, now called "The D". The D has some older machines upstairs in their "retro" room, including a Sigma Derby mechanical race horse machine.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 08:27:28 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 01:16:24 PM »
you can print on photo paper( winner
                                                       paid)
with a red background and white letters and put a piece of red plastic in front of it not too dark move the wire from tilt Mount the light bulb where your wind meter was and how the winner paid light instead of the wind mean if you need a wind meter send me pictures of the one you have I have a couple of working with meters here I am getting ready to move my house is in escrow again the kid seems to really want it I need to get rid of a lot of parts I am going to be hauling tons 2500 miles if you would like me to post a picture of what I'm talking up with a winner paid like to go up there I will do some artwork for you

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 01:29:17 PM »
if you make the red dark enough on photo paper and insert a white winner paid in capital letters and put a thin red plastic film over it all you will see is the winner paid you can put it in the window or the counter was and the only one that I know is not Factory is you I suppose if you're good with the computer you can tell it to over-saturate the outer background dark red and put it in saturation of ink on the winner paid in red and tape it in there again no one will ever know but you that is not original just moved out light from the tilt position up to there and it will be beautiful

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 01:48:42 PM »
you can try this artwork there again print it on photo paper put a thin piece of red plastic in front of it

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 02:17:23 PM »
and if you go to Automotive Parts House they have a tail light repair kit a little bit hokey it is a roll of red tape

there again if you need more help I will go print this out put the tape on it and post more pictures of it on one of my machines or maybe I will put a video on the Facebook page if you ask of what it looks like

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 02:19:21 PM »
What is written on the yellow area of the glass that is circled in photo below?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 02:22:55 PM »
that should say coin accepted

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 02:25:13 PM »
ok thanks. On a complete machine the "Winner Paid" message would be where? And is it written on the glass and gets illuminated from behind, or is it displayed in a digital display?

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 02:46:03 PM »
generally on a newer machine like that it would be right next to the meter but I do not see it there doing the artwork is not that difficult here is more examples of artwork I do for my machine and like I said I probably have a wind meter here

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 02:48:07 PM »
this one is for a 1088 I built in a 742a cabinet

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 07:27:06 PM »
well I didn't think that was pretty enough for this machine

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 05:37:57 PM »
Win Meter on the 1090, same location as your machine. Hopefully Jon has a meter. The cost for a new one is outrageous.
I built my own counter and housing. Lots of hours involved, but it was a good learning experience.
Sorry if the photo are not in the correct orientation. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal