New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 831 JPO Payout problem  (Read 7752 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Bally 831 JPO Payout problem
« on: April 18, 2014, 08:12:02 PM »
I've been working on this machine for the past few days and I need to ask for some advice from the other EM Techs... This is a Bally 831 JPO, it only has 3 symbols on the reels, oranges, watermelons, and 7's.. Most of the time it pays correct, 10 coins on the oranges.. Every once in a while I get the extra 1 coin that slips past the coin deflector. Where I'm stumped is why does it want to pay me 14 coins on a ten coin jackpot sometimes? It doesn't have a 14 coin circuit on the hoppers wiper board? It's just started doing this one day.. I've had the coin deflector all apart, cleaned the solenoid, its was sticky and I've put a new return spring on, the old one was soft. Doing this seemed to help, but then on a ten coin jackpot I got 14 coins again :Scratch-Head:. I'm don't know if it's possible, but it acts like my jackpot relays sticking on or contact are sticking together?? Hoping to hear from op-bell or OldReno on this one, but if you have an idea I'll listen to any new ideas at this time...  :banghead:

Thanks Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline ricker

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ricker New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 831 JPO Payout problem
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 03:56:39 PM »
Hey,
If there are no 14 coin payouts then it appears the hopper is not counting the coins dispensed, be it the lever that raises when a dispensed coin kicks out or the switch it operates to count(make circut of 10 coins).  How does it do on the larger jackpots? It also could be the fingers on the hopper as there is a circut for a 14 coin payout, just not used on your model, but if energized, maybe if one of the fingers(10 pay is bent causing next payout to be energized. That will keep ya busy until a pro checks in.

Richard

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 04:50:37 PM »
Richard,
            I have checked and changed the spiral cam and wiper fingers with new. I have raised and lowered the adjustment for counting the coins and had it adjusted to the books specs.. When I pull the hopper it has counted 14 coins by looking at my wiper board.. To me it's acting like a sluggish jackpot relay, slow to release or open? It doesn't matter if its line one, two, or three. I guess it's time to pull the feature unit again and go thru it one more time.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline buybestslots

• Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 05:09:07 AM »
when it pays the 14 coins where do wipers end up on 10 are past 10?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 07:55:28 AM »
They are past the end of the 10 trace and at the end of the next one trace, but that one does not have a wire soldered on it. This machine doesn't do the over pay on every jackpot or on the same line?
And remember...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 10:12:41 AM »
It sounds like somehow power is getting to the 14 coin pay tab, probably bridging somehow from the 10 coin pay.  Put a piece of paper under the wiper fingers, and try ohming out the board, see if there is any reading between 10 pay and 14 pay.  You are certain there is no wire onto the 14 pay tab?
Got any pics???
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 11:36:04 AM »
It sounds like somehow power is getting to the 14 coin pay tab, probably bridging somehow from the 10 coin pay.  Put a piece of paper under the wiper fingers, and try ohming out the board, see if there is any reading between 10 pay and 14 pay.  You are certain there is no wire onto the 14 pay tab?
Got any pics???

That's a good idea with the paper. No I don't see a wire soldere to the wiper board on the 14. I will take a picture of where the spiral cams wiper fingers end up on the next over pay.
And remember...

Offline buybestslots

• buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 03:01:15 PM »
if at one time it was a fruit  hopper, the wire might be behind the  board where you can not see it  , most of those 800 hopper were the same   fruit /jpo   , I'll bet its on the hopper board  or something loose /touching behind board

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 03:51:09 PM »
if at one time it was a fruit  hopper, the wire might be behind the  board where you can not see it  , most of those 800 hopper were the same   fruit /jpo   , I'll bet its on the hopper board  or something loose /touching behind board

I have not taken the wiper board off, just loosed the assembly and laid it down to check the 100 tooth gear. I'm going to have to ohm out the board with the spiral can and wiper removed.
And remember...

Offline Op-Bell

• Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 06:08:37 PM »
I'm in favor of a short to the 14 track.

Offline zinda

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • zinda New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 08:39:46 PM »
I just had some strange things happen to me with my coin Multiplier, I had a beau plug that had a loose pin that was pushed back in the holder and was touching the metal panel. I also had a bad connection in my molex plug at the same time so it was extra tough to figure out at first. I was changing out the belly glass and disconnected that plug. I ended up going through the entire machine hopper to Odds Feature on top and just when I was about to give up I looked into those pins and saw one missing!
 It's worth looking at, This is the second time I've had this happen. Fist time I knew right away since I was working on my beau plug wiring.

Offline ricker

• Reputation Power: 14
  • ricker New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 11:01:10 AM »
Hey,
I know this is a longshot, but it is possible the "Index Wheel" may be altered.  Have you checked that every orange on every payline indexes correctly on the wiper contact plate?  Some index wheels were altered, but mostly in the early days, blocking one of the jackpot symbols on the reel that had 2, increasing the house odds dramatically. Not that yours is.
Richard

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 11:08:06 AM »
his is a jpo  game   there s no 14 pay on it  but the hopper might be a or may have been  fruit hopper  you could put a fruit in a jpo  ,but not a jpo in a fruit , still bet its a wire on back of payout disc on hopper or a wire moved in hopper plugs

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 11:22:28 AM »
his is a jpo  game   there s no 14 pay on it  but the hopper might be a or may have been  fruit hopper  you could put a fruit in a jpo  ,but not a jpo in a fruit , still bet its a wire on back of payout disc on hopper or a wire moved in hopper plugs
As I started earlier, I removed the wiper board from the hopper and no bare or removed wires. All the plugs wires are connected and not grounding out or touching another. No cold or bad solder joints found. The only problem found was with the payout relay actuator being worn. Once it was replaced and the switch adjusted my problem with the over pays stopped. I've been playing it now for a few days and every payouts been correct.

Gary
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal