New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1046 is paying on line 2 when only 1 coin is played..  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Bally 1046 is paying on line 2 when only 1 coin is played..
« on: March 10, 2018, 07:48:13 PM »
Ok Ok..  This is a new problem with this 1046, 5 line Criss Cross machine. I stumbled on this while test playing it. I was playing 5 coins to test all pays in every direction. I was down to my last quarter and decided to see if I could win on the center line. I ended up not having a winning combination in the center line, but won 2 quarters. I noticed a single cherry on line 2 on reel one. I reset the machine to the same pay and again two coins? I decided to try 3 oranges on line two, with only one coin played. This time I won 10 coins, tried with plums and won 14?? It doesn't do this on line 3, but does pay correct on line one. I checked the reel wiper and its right on center of the buttons. I'm thinking I have a contact that's closed or out of adjustment that controls the line 2 pay, but I'm not sure where it's at. I'm guessing in the top feature unit since this games identical to a 873.. If you search here there is only one other 1046 posted by chedderboy a year or so back, but his is different then mine?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 1046 is paying on line 2 when only 1 coin is played..
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 08:34:25 AM »
Coin step up unit contacts may need adjusting. 1st coin may be closing 2nd coin contacts with just 1 coin in.
Post a photo of the unit if you get a chance.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 01:03:31 PM »
Ok. I was just playing 1 coin tests. I had plums hit on the center line and a single cherry on reel 1 on pay line 2. The machine paid 16 coins where it should had only been 14. The machine is paying line two even with a win on center line. See pic. I will post pictures of the stepper in order of coin 1 thru coin 5. I did clean the disk side side of the stepper unit with a scotch bright pad before I started testing the machine testing with coins because it was sticky and not returning to coin one. Contacts are on center of the the wiper boards contacts on all 5 indexes.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 01:04:48 PM »
Coins 2 and 3
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 01:06:02 PM »
Coins 4 and 5 played..
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 02:29:53 PM »
Okay, photos appear to be normal. Re-inspect the opposite side of this unit, contact fingers and buttons.
Something might be tweaked. Also try manually resetting then check if the reset is completely back.
Contact buttons have slight signs of wear, this may help determine if the fingers are completely returned.

Wondering if the 2nd coin light is working. Seem like the light should be lite if its paying on that line.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:09:40 PM by DavidLee »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 03:28:55 PM »
I know it will reset back to coin one manually. I can take the mounting screw loose a take a picture. What baffles me is that the second coin lights not lite but it pays on line two. The only thing different between playing 1 coin or two is the line two light on?
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 04:59:44 PM »
Somehow the machine thinks it has two coin in.
Photo of odds unit wipers 3 coin machine. Black white, orange white lower left control the lights. 1st coin always on.
So you probable have 4 connections in this area.
The gray wires on the upper left control the odds, all 3 are gray with different trace colors.
Its possible that the odds wiper is touching the 2nd coin button or some sort of continuity.
Now this is on a 1088, so it might not be the same on the 1046.

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 05:31:15 PM »

873 has line unit step relay and line unit reset relay in upper unit    Top two on right side of upper unit if looking from the front of machine.   If you havent, clean and check bank of switches with those relays.   Separate from step up disc unit. 

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 05:53:10 PM »
That’s Jim,
I wasn’t sure of what type of coin / line step up the 1046 has.

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 06:12:43 PM »
I am not sure either what the 1046 top unit looks like.   All I have is 873 to check against for 5 line criss cross. 

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 06:30:15 PM »
Ok. Here is my stepper unit disk. From what I under stand the 5 wires I the yellow oval are the pay lines, and the 5 in the orange are the coin lights.
I have run the machine with the feature unit on my table attached to the machine with extension cables. It counts and steps up perfect and resets without any hesitation when first coin is inserted. I'm thinking of pulling the reels 2 beau plug in the cabinet and inspect the wiring. I did fine $9.50 in the machine behind the safety timer. I'm wondering if something could be up in the plugs wires.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 06:35:56 PM »
This is my stepper unit,,
And remember...

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 07:27:28 PM »
Attached is from 873 schematic.   Part of the line unit disc.  98-2 is color tag not shown.  Each of the four wires go to single cherry on lines 2-5.  Completing 2 coin circuit on pay disc on hopper. Among other pays. If one coin is played "arrows" all the way to left.  Center row, one cherry competes 2 coin pay without step up.  91wire goes to reel 1 single cherry top row.   If you have unit out with cables play acouple coins.   Then play one coin.  Coin machine , place a piece of tape between contacts for wire 91 on disc.  Or multiple wires shown.  Set single cherry top row as only winner. See if it pays with tape covering contact.

Just a thought.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:37:32 PM by jimliner »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2018, 08:45:12 PM »
Try this, take a random reading between buttons 3, 4, and 5 for continuity.
If they only show negative,  then try 1 and 2
Not sure this will prove out, but worth a try.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 09:13:46 PM »
Thanks for your help and advice Jim. I pull the beau plugs and found nothing, everything looks good. Traced wires back to the reels. I decided to pull the first reel wiper and tweek the wiper fingers and reinstalled. When I had the reels out I was looking at the other wipers. They have a thin metal jumper wire that's not insulated connecting wiper 1 to wiper 4.. it's soldered to the rivets holding the copper wiper finger place. The jumper on reel 3 looked like the steel jumper wire was contacting the rivet holding the #2 & 3 wiper in place. I lifted it off that rivet and proceeded to install the reels to test. Well that jumper wire must have been the problem, because I am pleased to report that the problem seems to be solved. I will setup more test pays in the morning to see if in deed the problem is solved, but I do know it didn't pay on a single or double cherry on line 2 when I only played 1 coin.   :dancing_2:
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 11:29:49 AM »
Good to hear you found the problem. This was a good learning experience.
Thanks for posting along the way.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 11:39:03 AM »
I have another original 873 sitting in my back room. It has multiple problems and after working on this thing I might just have the nerve to try to fix it. It's been sitting out there for 5 years alone with a 4 reel game. Maybe when it warms ups and I can dig them out I'll see what I can do.

Stay tuned.. Same time, same channel.  :Eating_Popcorn:  :pull_hair:
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal