New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809-ZT First and second reel stopping together  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Alan9993

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Alan9993 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 809-ZT First and second reel stopping together
« on: April 08, 2019, 02:38:40 PM »

I recently acquired this slot machine and the first and second reels are stopping together at the same time more frequently.
i did add lubrication to all moving parts, it could work properly for 10 minutes and then the next 5 pulls, it begins to stop together.
would you think this is a clock problem? any suggestion would be greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:36:57 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 809-ZT First and second reel stopping together
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 05:20:00 PM »
As it works for awhile then both stop at the same time.
Could be needing a little more cleaning and lubrication.
The first reel stop arm may be moving slowly allowing the second real the catch up.
Check the stop arms by pulling them back one at a time. They should all return in a rapid motion into the reel disc slots when released.

All the moving parts under the reels including spacers on the cross shafts should move freely from side to side.

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 05:56:52 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me. I did add more lubricate again and then i started paying more attention to the problem. For the first 2 hours of use, after turning the machine on, the machine worked flawlessly,  then i took a 10 minute break, 1st and second reel start stopping together.  Then after a dozen pulls, it worked correctly. I believe the problem is when the machine warms up inside and you stopped playing that the lubrication might be jelled up. I guess it time to clean it again and re lubricate.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 09:58:46 AM »
The top cross shaft and the one with the latch paws should spin by hand or with a pair of Pliers. Try turning them and see if any of the pieces on these shafts try to rotate with the shaft. That’s a sure sign of lack of  lubrication. You also have the back shaft and the shaft that’s connected to the clock. Make sure those pieces are oiled or greased where needed.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 03:19:57 PM »
A dirty wiper board can slow the stop arm. Stop arms should move freely. Compare one with the others, note any difference.
Wiper boards can be cleaned with alcohol, but an oil base spray lubricant works a lot better. NOTE Spray lubricant into a small container then apply with a q-tip or small cloth. After cleaning a lite coat of oil on the wiper boards helps. This would be a few drops of 3 in 1 apply with a finger.
Wipe with a clean cloth to remove excess oil. There will be a noticeable difference.

Latch link hole position should be staggered, with the first reel being the longest or in a hole closer to the front of the reel mechanism.
No adjustment is needed if they are staggered.

The first reel mechanism is harder to clean and builds up more grim. When cleaning its best to cover the beau plugs.

Attached are photos of a dirty reel mechanism. 

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 04:00:09 PM »
Thank You for all your information,  I'm hoping to go thru everything tomorrow. I didn't want to rush the process and having to goto bed. Tomorrow, my day off, i should have plenty of time to work with each area.

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 07:58:10 AM »
I spent a a few hours cleaning it really good with PB Blaster, then i really soaked up all joints with 3 and 1 lubricant and then manually working all the joints for an hour. Put in back together and back in the cabinet.  Still had some problems with 2nd and 3rd reel stopping together.  I just replaced all 9 extension springs and re-lubercated all joints with 100% synthetic oil and worked all joints again. Machine is running excellent, the only thing i do notice is that when the reels stop, it seems like they have a little bounce to them, before they completely stop. It maybe because the reels might be moving alot more freely now. But i don't really think its anything to worry about. I want to thank everybody for all their advice. She is Purring now.
Thank You
Alan

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 08:53:16 AM »
Alan,

The machine is well lubricated, the stop arms have a little spring action when they stop.
If not, there would be a solid hard stop into the slot causing more wear and tear.
The spring action is good, sign of a well operating machine.
Also adds a little more excitement.

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 09:46:45 AM »
Thank You for making that clear, that shows a healthy machine. I'm sure other people here will be paying more attention to their reels. May even alert them, lubercation is needed.
Thank You
Alan

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 10:32:12 AM »
Alan,

With the door open, grab your reels one at a time and check to make sure the reel tin screw are tight. I find them loose quit often. If they are all tight then what you are seeing is the spring loaded stop levers moving.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Alan9993

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 10:35:49 AM »
I will definitely check that when i get home, tighten if needed.
Thank You
Alan

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal