New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Project 809B starting  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Brett

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Brett New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Project 809B starting
« on: June 10, 2020, 08:38:53 AM »
 :Please_Post_Pictures_2: 
Good morning,

I have a new project to fix up. It's a Bally 809B, made in 1969. I have not started on this one as of yet. It does run and pays out. Not sure if it's correct on not but will see as we go along.
My 1st mission is to change the frayed A/C wire and plug, so I don't burn the house down.
I have never been inside any EM slot before so I may be in over my head. LOL
 I see two levers one on either side of the reel bundle. Unlatch these. I'll assume that these are the only ones and all you need to do is pull the unit out. IS THIS CORRECT?
The lower coin mechanism I'm not sure how that comes out. HELP would be appreciated.
While I'm changing the A/C  wire I'll clean and dust inside.
My biggest hurdle is going to be the wiring diagram for this model. Does anyone have one to share?
I need to learn how to read it and how to use a meter. So this might take a while to start and finish.
Any pointers/help would be greatly appreciated.

Brett

Offline tuna

• Reputation Power: 6
  • tuna New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Project 809B starting
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 10:49:44 AM »
You are correct , pull down the handles on both sides or reel mech and it will slide out.  The hopper will pull straight out ( nothing to release).  When you reinstall both, wiggle them into to beau plugs.  You can damage the plugs or pins if you slam or force them in.

Offline Brett

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 12:29:37 PM »
Thanks,  I'll let you know how this goes.

Brett

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 01:25:23 PM »
Congratulations Brett on your new project.  It looks like a reasonably clean game.  The chrome may polish well.  The glass is another story.  The 809 is a pretty common machine so I dont this the glass will be too much of a problem.

The schematic can be had from several NLG members and books.  I am not sure which people have them at this time. 

You are in the right place for sure.  The wisdom and willingness to help on this forum is incredible.

Please keep us posted.

Ra

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 01:12:51 PM »
I’ve done this a few times.

I find it easier to leave about 4 to 6 inches of the existing wires inside the machine.

[size=78%]Then bring the new cord into the machine with the ends pre exposed for wire nuts. [/size]
Note- the machine may have wire nuts already. And some may say it won’t be original.

[/size][size=78%]Wire nut together, be sure the new cord is under pressure by a clamp before it leaves the back of the machine.[/size]
There is usually a metal plate covering the grove to direct to wire to the back of the machine.

This method is a lot easier and the next time the cord gets shredded it won’t be a big deal.

(Note if the individual wire housing is cracking and breaks off up to the fuse holder, then replace completely.)

Offline Brett

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 01:19:35 PM »
Thanks for the Welcome. I'm sure I'll keep you all posted. I don't have any experience doing this.

Thanks Again.

Brett

Offline Brett

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 01:28:26 PM »
I’ve done this a few times.

I find it easier to leave about 4 to 6 inches of the existing wires inside the machine.

[size=78%]Then bring the new cord into the machine with the ends pre exposed for wire nuts. [/size]
Note- the machine may have wire nuts already. And some may say it won’t be original.

[size=78%]Wire nut together, be sure the new cord is under pressure by a clamp before it leaves the back of the machine.[/size]
There is usually a metal plate covering the grove to direct to wire to the back of the machine.

This method is a lot easier and the next time the cord gets shredded it won’t be a big deal.

(Note if the individual wire housing is cracking and breaks off up to the fuse holder, then replace completely.)

I like this option.. If the machine is unplugged is there anything that I could get a shock from?
Also I'm having trouble getting the reel assembly out. I've unlatched the to levers , but how hard do you need to pull to get it out. I'm worried that I might break something inside.

Brett

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 01:36:49 PM »
Sounds like its stuck in the side guides.

There is a little room to do this.

Take a screwdriver and pry up and then back and forth.

Also if the units have been sitting for a long time. The plugs in the back will create a little resistance.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 02:27:47 PM »
download the 809B paperwork from http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/

the schem is the w-1046-511 file.   The w- files are the most useful.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 02:44:18 PM »
I take a flat blade screw drive and insert the tip of the blade about a 1/4" between the reel shelf and the bottom of the reels front plate, right in the middle. Then with the screw drive, push down on the handle towards the hopper. This usually helps to free up the stuck reels from the beau plugs. Your going to have to free the hopper assembly to get at the power cord..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Brett

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2020, 11:00:18 AM »
download the 809B paperwork from http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/

the schem is the w-1046-511 file.   The w- files are the most useful.

Thank you very much for that information.

Offline Brett

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 11:21:02 AM »
Thanks for the Welcome. I'm sure I'll keep you all posted. I don't have any experience doing this.

Thanks Again.

Brett

Well the update is:
Bulbs replaced (except for CF in the lower) will have to work on that one. Looks like a real dig.
Starters replaced.
Power cord replaced.
Fuses replaces(one blown)
Cleaned out inside, reel bundle and hopper.

I must have gotten lucky. Plugged it in and it works !!!!!!
I haven't checked for payouts being right.

I have a lower bubble glass(plastic) that you are supposed to put coins in it. I guess that might happen when I do the CF bulb.
Do you just use chrome polish for the chrome? it's old 1969 worried that it might mess it up.

Also on the payout side, when does this bell ring?

Brett

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2020, 11:47:07 AM »
The payout bell might only right on the large JP payout. As for the chrome, I use the green bottle of Turtle wax chrome polish. Chrome hasn’t changed since it was invented. Now you can scratch it if you try to use a scotch bright pad on it. I have heard that 0000 steel wool works of used lightly. Go on YouTube and search how to polish chrome. There is even a way using aluminum foil..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Brett

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2020, 12:35:04 PM »
The payout bell might only right on the large JP payout. As for the chrome, I use the green bottle of Turtle wax chrome polish. Chrome hasn’t changed since it was invented. Now you can scratch it if you try to use a scotch bright pad on it. I have heard that 0000 steel wool works of used lightly. Go on YouTube and search how to polish chrome. There is even a way using aluminum foil..

I'll got on that ASAP.

Thanks

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2020, 03:20:25 PM »
I use Mothers chrome polish, but NEVER NEVER use a scratch pad.

Only did that one time, luckily I did a small test on a none facing part of the chrome.

When replacing the lower fluorescent lamp.
Beware the glass will be just resting in frame after all retaining hardware is removed.
There is a slim chance it will tilt forward. On the other hand if it does not move at all.
The rubber is holding it and or some sugary drink was spilled onto the machine.

Glad to hear you got the machine running.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2020, 07:14:24 PM »
schem says the bell rings for bar wins, including mixed bars.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal