New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally's Jillion Slot Handle Stuck  (Read 3632 times)

Offline Akriegs

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Akriegs New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally's Jillion Slot Handle Stuck
« on: December 22, 2020, 11:58:55 AM »
Picked up a Bally's Jillion auction. Handle is stuck i tried to lift up the little spindle(as circled in the photo) like i have done in the past but this one does not give. Any suggestions?
Any idea what model and year?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Bally's Jillion Slot Handle Stuck
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 02:42:42 PM »

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 03:45:51 PM »
The issue is the wheels are still in the machine so it’s not like just clicking the lever as in the video. I can’t reach that lever with the wheels and all other wires.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 05:54:11 PM »
the vid was just to show the piece that normally releases the handle.  I use a long screwdriver. 

if you can't get an angle that works, the alternative is tripping the latch pawl yourself ... again with a long screwdriver, dowel, or whatever.  It's 'O' in the below diagram, push on the bottom of it to pivot it off the trip level N and cause the reels to kick ... then see if you can pry up the piece you normally do to release the handle.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:35:31 PM by wolftalk »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 08:20:42 PM »

If you search this topic on this board there’s some previous discussions on the stuck handle.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 12:44:46 PM »
I was able to get the handle unlatched. I took the reels out and i cleaned the plunger tube and greased. I pull the handle(very hard to pull) and the wheels do not spin. Its like the whole wheel mechanism is locked up. suggestion on how free up the mechanism? it takes the quarters but does not accept credit. The handle does not pull after quarter dropped to bottom. It misses the hopper and goes to the overflow hole that drops out the bottom. I would like to tear the entire wheel mechanism and clean all the long rods and parts. Any manuals or direction you can point me in to degrease and then grease?
Any idea the model of the machine? The tag is missing lower right of machine.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 02:21:13 PM »
Most likely the reels mechanism needs a good cleaning.
But first eliminate the handle as the problem. Do this by operating the handle with the reels out of the machine.
If the handle pulls easy the the reels would most likely need cleaning.

All shafts, bushings and levers should move freely.
Best to start with the mechanism propped up on the handle side about 1-2 inches.
Run cleaning/ penetrating oil on all surfaces and in between all moving parts.
Use cardboard to absorbed excess oil.
Repeat the process 3 to 4 times throughout the day, then let it sit over night.
Wipe up all excess oil, then re-lubricate with a lite oil like 3 in 1.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 02:30:31 PM »
Regarding the coin drop, sounds like the coin diverter is on and or stuck in the divert position.
Post a photo a complete door interior and a photo of the lower left quarter.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2021, 06:09:15 PM »
it looks like a model 831.

there are  numbers/codes stamped into the slotted index discs next to each reel ... what do they say?

there's an M-645-xxx number on the payout counter disc ...what is it?

anything written on the units with black marker or anything on the reel wiper boards?

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2021, 07:25:36 PM »
1st the handle pulls very easy without wheels in the machine. The handle does not return to normal position after i pull handle. Is this normal?
2nd i should spray penetrating's oils all over the moving parts? Will this damage anything?
Any particular brand of spray i should use?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 07:57:22 PM »
Reply #4 within this post shows what to push down to release the handle.
Beware the handle will return very rapid.

You could cover the wires solder to the beau-plugs at the bottom rear of the reel mechanism.
Try to apply oil directly onto the parts and just a little extra on the 1st. reel trip levers.
This would be at the back left side where space is limited for cleaning.
Let it drain overnight, then a lite cleaning to wash out any residue the oil all moving parts.
A good indication the shafts are in good working order is. All shafts, bushing and levers will move freely.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 03:59:20 PM »
I sprayed the PB Blaster penetrating's oil all over the moving parts. It seems it freed up all the gunk. I can now pull the lever and the 3 wheels start to spin. Reel 1 and 2 stop as soon as i pull.
 The 3rd wheel last for about 6 seconds before it finally stops.  Suggestions on what needs to be worked on to get the 1 and 2 wheels to spin freely?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2021, 05:01:58 PM »
Let the machine warm up for 15 minutes.
See photos for more cleaning.

Also spray some cleaning lubricant inside the clock.
Not to much, just enough to loosen up the old grease and grime.

Can you spin the shafts with your fingers.
All cross shafts and bushings should move freely.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2021, 07:25:35 PM »
I cleaned them very well. This is what i notice.
1. when i pull the handle the wheel tries to spin but it hits the slot on the wheel. It seems it does not go back far enough (pictures shown)
i noticed that wheels 1 and 2 the 2 that rub the slots on the wheel are not lining up with wheel 3(picture shown)
also wheel 1 seems to end at the contact that will not allow the arm for the slot to pivot back far enough to get a clean wheel spin.
arrow shown on photo of where it stops.
There is good news. the quarters are accepted and the handle does pull nicely now. However only wheel 3 stops. the other 2 never kick off spinning.
Side note. top glass has a bulb out. How does the glass come out of this type of slot machine?
Thanks for all the assistance so far.
UPDATE>>just like i thought .. i took a straight edge and lined up the back of the readers and i can clearly see wheels 1 and 2 do not line up with wheel 3.attached photo. can i adjust them?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2021, 08:14:41 PM »
please post a picture of the entire right side of the reel mech from lower down and at as high a resolution as you can.  You may need to up the compression to make the file small enough.  If you are having trouble, email the highest res picture(s) you can take to slotpics@cdyn.com and I'll resize them and post them.

you last pic in post 9 looks like things are way off where they should be ... unless the mech is partially wound up.

if the mech isn't gunked up, the usual reason reels not spinning is the kick happened too soon.    Could be as simple as a bracket position needs adjusting (see http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=33181.0) or a bunch of stuff on the right side of the mech are incorrectly adjusted.

the position of the reel wipers arms when the reels are out don't matter.  With the reels in, the slots in the metal index discs attached to each reel determine where the wipers are positioned on the contact plate.

I don't recall if the contact plate is adjustable, but the reel wipers can be adjusted on the arms to center the wiper contacts on the rivets on the contact plate.   Don't worry about that until you get the spin working.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2021, 08:39:48 PM »
Make sure the reels shaft is seated correctly.
The right side has a machined flat edge.
This has to mate with the piece screwed to the reels chassis.

Try pulling the handle slowly, in some cases this gives time for the index arms
and kickers to properly operate.

Index arms should move up and down freely, also check the index arm rollers theses  also should move freely.
Inspect the rollers for excessive wear, damage and or binding.

The reels could be releasing before the index arms retract.
On the bottom corner right side of the reels chassis is a trip lever.
It’s L shaped and in most cases is flush with the back of the machine.
There is a triangle shaped trip pawl associated with the L bracket.
Make sure it moves freely and the spring is not obstructed or binding.

Also on the left side there’s some slide levers and ratchet wheel.
Cleaning and lubricant will aid in a smoother operation.
All Ratchet wheels should spin freely.

Basically at the point where trying to free up the machine without major or minor adjustments.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2021, 08:41:10 PM »
ok, ya got an issue with the adjustment of the nuts on the threaded rod (blue arrows). 

you shouldn't have the gap at the upper red arrow, and there should be a gap at the lower red arrow.  The lower red arrow is why the game is kicking too early.

manuals can be found on https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/bally_manuals/

they tend to have a ton of dimensions, but get the 2600 manual which is slightly more sane.

davidlee can give you better info once he sees the big picture below.

this mech is a little different wrt the spring config, but basically works the same way:

http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/videos/Windup_and_Kick.m4v

can't tell from the angle if you are missing the black rubber pad in the holder by the sawtooth thing.  That would make all the dimensions wrong if it's not there.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2021, 08:57:54 PM »
The gap indicated with red arrow might be caused by a dirty air cylinder.
Hard to tell the space between the blue arrows.
When adjusted properly there needs to be 1/16 of free play clearance.

Also to boomerang trip pawl could be gummed up.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2021, 08:23:01 AM »
I adjusted the spring and removed the gap. the tube is cleaned and lubed and flows nicely.
I do not understand the "missing the black rubber pad in the holder by the sawtooth thing"
what is this pad?
Once again when i pull the handles the 1 and 2 wheels instantly close and do not spin the wheels. Note when i try to move manually the tip of the slots are hitting the bushing where my finger is in the picture. Does that need to be adjusted?
Notice the last picture the contact do not go to the end to reach the last contact. This is the same on the 2 wheels that do not spin.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2021, 11:25:12 AM »
In the top photo it’s kind a hard to tell but the J bracket might need to be adjusted
so that it’s flush with the back of the chassis.

This may be causing the reels to trip before the index arms are completely out of the way.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal