New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally's Jillion Slot Handle Stuck  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Akriegs

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Akriegs New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally's Jillion Slot Handle Stuck
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2021, 12:49:46 PM »
The J bracket is flush with the end of the unit. I tried uploading a small video but it says max size is 1mb. How can i circumvent that threshold?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2021, 01:06:17 PM »
Wolftalk can help out with the video.

Try moving the J bracket towards the front of the machine is my help.
This will allow the index arms to move back a little farther before the wheels are kicked.

Move it roughly 1/16 of an inch or less, this is slightly critical so small increments work best.
Make note exactly where the J bracket is at this present time for reference.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2021, 03:41:29 PM »
I’m still thinking more cleaning of the index arm/ kicker assembly needs to be done.

Observe between the reels with a bright light. You will be able to see the index arms and kickers working.

The index arms should retract easily in one motion.

Observe the third reel index arm. It should moving freely, compare to the first and second reel arms for any movement.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2021, 09:02:18 PM »
I do not understand the "missing the black rubber pad in the holder by the sawtooth thing"
what is this pad?

bally 2600 manual, page 36, item 14 ... rubber bumper.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2021, 06:36:00 AM »
Diagram for rubber bumper.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2021, 11:16:28 AM »
I got in there again today with my tooth brush and cleaned up again. I did notice this when i manual pull the wipers. On the 2 reels that do not work correctly i noticed this tittle piece as shown in the photo is on the opposite side of the working wheel 3. Should it be on this side ?

here is another photo of the little piece that appears to be on the wrong side.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 11:56:27 AM by Akriegs »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2021, 11:28:48 AM »
Compare it with the 3rd reel, I believe that part activates the index arm.
Sometimes when the wiper board fingers are pulled too far forward when the reels out that piece will get out of place.

So basically make all the levers look the same as the number 3 reel mechanism.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2021, 03:56:43 PM »
AWESOME news. the 2 pieces i talked about previously fixed the spinning issue. the wheels now spin and stop. My first spin i hit 3 bars. No sounds were made and no coins payed out. I cleaned all the contacts on the hopper. When i was putting it back in i noticed it was 10c and had a model number looks like 32T. Will this hopper work. Can i test with some other hoppers i have ?

I also have issues with the quarters not going to the hopper.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2021, 10:02:41 PM »
it's 3ZT.

831-3ZT is a valid model number for a "1767 way" machine.   Your reel tapes look correct for that model wrt only having 7's, bars and melons.

basically the same game as an 831-ZE ... you can find paperwork for that on https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/

a 10c hopper can be converted to 25c ... if the coins fit between the pins on the disc and when exiting the hopper lift the roller and step the payout counter, you're ok.

if someone just stuck a 25c coin mech in and didn't make other changes, that's not going to work.

the coin diverter on the door under the coin mech is controlled by the hopper level switch.  When the wiffle ball float in the hopper raises high enough to close the switch on the arm, the diverter sends coins to the overflow chute.

if you mean coin just dump back out into the tray instead of cycling the game to reset/add lines, that's a different problem.

first thing to look at for payout issues is if the payout counter is reset and the traces are clean.  Then make sure the reel wiper board rivets are clean and the wipers align on the rivets correctly ... the paperwork will help or you can just look at the wire color on the payout counter trace for the win and see if the reel wipers are making a circuit path from the grey wire on reel 3 (center line win) to blue/yellow line on reel 1 for a bar-bar-bar win.

in other words, for a bar-bar-bar on the center line, you need a closed circuit from grey wire 90 on reel 3 to the 20 trace on the payout counter.

a voltmeter can be handy to find the problem ... you have one?

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2021, 10:10:14 PM »
after reading all day about hopper issues and manuals i did some more digging.
I took BEAU plug unit off in the back of the machine and i found the 2 round holes wire connectors not connected or should say pushed out of the sockets . I connected them and played the machine. I had some winning combinations but the machine did not payout. I kept on playing and then i hit  Bar Bar space on line 3 with bar on the 2nd line and it paid out. what do i need to correct on the 3rd reel to pay on correct line pays?

the coin diverter on the door under the coin mech is controlled by the hopper level switch.  When the wiffle ball float in the hopper raises high enough to close the switch on the arm, the diverter sends coins to the overflow chute.
---there is really no coins in the hopper for the wiffle ball float to raise high enough. Can i override this?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2021, 10:56:29 PM »
The 3rd reel tape has slipped out of position.
Lightly pry up the crimped areas on the reel edge. Slide the tape into the right position and re-crimp.

The float ball arm switch. Check the switch for continuity and alignment.
Manually operate the float the diversion coil should activate.

You can temporarily jam the diverter to send the coins into the hopper.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2021, 02:43:34 PM »
As i was doing some cleaning on the hopper i may have moved the wheel a few turns. How do set it back so i can get the correct payout?
Did this effect the payouts now?
Did i screw it all up?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2021, 03:39:49 PM »
your reel tape could be wrong, or your reel wiper arm is mispositioned on the rivets.

for a bar-bar-bar on the center line with blanks on lines 2 & 3 on reel 2, per the 831-ZE schematic your circuit path is:
- wire 90 to 71 on reel 3
- wire 71 to 83 on reel 2
- wire 83 to 23 on reel 1
- 23 to the 20 trace on the payout counter disc

per the reel wiper wiring diagram, the reel index arms should all be in depth 1 slots ... the shallowest slots in the metal index discs.

so make sure when all three reels are indexed in the shallowest slot, you have bar-bar-bar on the center line and the wiper arm contacts are all on the same line of rivets on the wiper boards.

note the "with blanks on lines 2 & 3 on reel 2" above matters.  If you have a melon on line 2 and a bar on the center line, the reel wipers will be in a depth 5 slot on reel 2, not a depth 1 slot.

to reset the payout counter, push in the plunger on the reset solenoid on the raatchet side of the unit.  The game is supposed to power the reset solenoid coil when you spin the reels.  If it's not, your game won't pay unless you win more than a previous win, then it'll just pay the difference.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2021, 04:33:00 PM »
I cant get the machine to payout anything now. Does this Yellow wire do anything?
When i push the hopper in this always is pushed out the back.
ALSO to reset the payout counter, push in the plunger on the reset solenoid on the ratchet side of the unit.
I cant seem to find it. Can you post a picture of what i am supposed to release to get the hopper back to normal. I'm not sure its resetting after payout.
I appreciate all the help i have received so far. A great community of knowledge.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2021, 06:57:19 PM »
Yellow wire is a from the transformer common to all 54 volt circuits.

It maybe possible to re-adjust the locking mechanism, then re-install the loose pin/socket.
Or a small dab of crazy glue.
Check the pin alignment as to prevent pins or sockets from being pushed out.

Depress the plungers on the back of the payout step up unit.
Evidence will reveal which is the step up and reset coils/plungers.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2021, 11:04:56 AM »
It appears that this plug solved the payout issue with the hopper.
I still need to resolve the issue with the coins not going to the hopper but falling to the floor.
the coin accepted light does not illuminate ( yes i switched the working bulb to non working socket.)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 01:18:50 PM by Akriegs »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2021, 08:00:09 PM »
Are the coins coming out the front of the machine or the hole in the bottom.
It’s either the coin mechanism or diverter.
Diverter shower in photo.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2021, 06:11:34 AM »
Its coming from the diverter. I propped a piece of paper there so its forced to go to the hopper.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2021, 11:10:39 AM »
Test the coil by jumping a yellow to the color coded wire.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2021, 12:53:56 PM »
The riddle has been solved. I worked backwards until i found this switch on the hopper. It appears someone moved the little square box with the 2 little set screws  and would never activate the switch when the whiffle ball was lower position(empty hopper). I loosed the 2 screws and set to close the circuit when empty. Ta Da the system is working like a champ. The only issue i have now is the coin accepted light not working. I cleaned all the contacts with alcohols several times already. I guess i can live without it if needed.
Thank  you all for great help.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal