New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 889 with big jackpot and bell issue  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Phan000

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
889 with big jackpot and bell issue
« on: April 21, 2021, 06:18:17 PM »
I bought another project machine.

Haven’t had time to fully clean it yet.

Fairly good working order, but has the same cover up/ top lights always on as a previous machine of mine.

Currently is paying on everything except the bottom 7 progressive jackpot. When that is hit,  the 7 lights turn off and nothing else happens. 

Seems to be a lot of these eldorado belly plates around down here...

Also,  the 7’s on the reels are covering up a different symbol.  Thinking this may be a bit of a mashup machine

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 04:37:19 AM by Phan000 »

Offline Simple Sam

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Simple Sam New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: 889 with big jackpot issue
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 07:24:03 PM »
Is the progressive jackpot visible when the machine is turned on?  I've never seen one that didn't have standard progressive reels in the top; that's pretty interesting.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 889 with big jackpot issue
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 07:55:49 PM »
Okay, 3rd line progressive is paid by attendant.
This machine was probably on a bank of 4 or more machines all linked together.
All machines contributed to one super jackpot tote board.
Thus the top glass is covering the original progressive.

Look for any additional wiring, plugs or exit holes in the machine.

Offline Phan000

• Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: 889 with big jackpot and bell issue
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 04:42:30 AM »
With the progressive jackpot,  I don’t see any access holes.  Because of the mods someone made to the board lights, it’s hard to figure out what the issue is.  May be just an acceptable flaw.

The jackpot bell is giving me trouble.  It seems to work intermittently for all wins.  Had electric tape on the red green combo in the photo.  Would work intermittently.

It’s not working now.  Have tested the leads for the bell and not seeing any power.

What is the best way to trouble shoot this issue?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 11:29:58 AM »
The bell contacts could be slightly out of adjustment and or need cleaning.
A good common yellow touched on the red wire solder joint,  should activate the bell.

Also the 3rd reel wiper board might need cleaning.

Set the 3rd reel with a 7 on the pay line. Then inspect the corespondent rivets on the wiper board.
The one closest to the bottom is usually the red wire that activates the bell.
Your machine may vary.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 02:33:05 PM »
how the bell is connected is one of the common variations between models and versions of a model.  How david describes is the most common way, but he has my luck in this case as the 889 does it a little differently.

on all the 889 schems I looked at, the bell rings:
- forever on a bottom line 777 win as hand pay is needed.  The attendant coins the game or trips the handle release to shut the game up.
- for the duration of a payout on top/center line 777 wins
- either all wins or bar wins for the duration of the payout

if your game rings the bell all the time, check the payout relay switch with wire 30 and 45-5 on the blades.  Also look at the bar relay ... that may be where they tied wire 45-5 to 10-2 to make the bell ring on all pays.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 04:09:46 PM »
Those green / white wires solder into the bell circuit will cause the bell to ring on every payout.
One is for the low paying and the other is for the jackpot payout.
I may be mistaken, but I’ve see this before.

Best to un-solder the green wire and reconnect the reds.

If what I stated applies to this machine.
You might want to add a short lead as to reconnect one of the greens or both depending on how much you like the bell.

Note, bell ringing on every payout gets annoying after awhile.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 11:43:05 PM »
assuming the green wires in your pics are green/white, then you have the 889-A bell circuit like below.

i'm with david on ringing too much is annoying.  One solution is disconnect the green wires from the red ones and connect them thru a switch.  Then you can turn on/off ring for all pay whenever you like.

if you do change it, keep all the red wires hooked together and the two green/white segments tied together.  If you separate the green/white wires, you'll probably only get ringing on the bottom 777 pay.   I'm assuming the wiring goes from the cabinet socket to the tie point by the bell then to the top and center jackpot relay switches.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 05:52:34 AM »
Good advice Wolftalk,

A small switch or molex plug might be easier.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 07:15:55 AM »
Spot on again gentlemen,  the payout relay switch needed cleaning.  I thought I had already looked at that, but it was still dirty.

So the only issue now is the lights going out for major jackpot.  I’m not sure what could have been cut or modded to make the lights go off when a jackpot hits?

I did notice that the orange  progressive stepper is disconnected.  When connected, the progressive numbers move as expected, but the lights remain off when jackpot is hit.

There is a blue wire with a yellow stripe that was also cut (yellow arrow), but reconnecting it did nothing.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 09:20:25 AM »
the added orange wire attaching to lamp sockets wasn't the best choice of colors since solid orange is almost always wire 70 ... the 50V fused power wire.

if looks like you have places where that orange wire is going that have disconnected / taped off wires.  I'd guess you'd want to remove the added orange wire that's outside the wire harness and reattach all the wires.

the blue/yellow wire is  23-3 and goes from a flasher relay switch to 8 lamp sockets.  I'd guess in some places it's a bare wire between sockets, but 23-3 is attached to the bare wire someplace along it's length.  The other side of all those lamp sockets is blue wire 20.

the flasher relay is a 6V relay, so it probably looks different from the other relays.

note also a 455 flasher lamp is used in lamps socket(s) that have wire 20 and 15-3 attached.  Those lamps flash by themselves.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2021, 09:37:00 AM »
Run the machine without the top glass for awhile.
If the machines top unit operates normally.
You might want to start looking for a progressive top glass for that machine.

Regarding the lights going off.
This could be a function the jackpot pot from being played off.
Or keeping it in the jackpot mode until the attendant arrives.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal