New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Variable jackpot on Bally em  (Read 466 times)

Offline 702collector

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • 702collector New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Variable jackpot on Bally em
« on: February 05, 2024, 04:48:41 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of or seen one of these

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Variable jackpot on Bally em
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 09:35:32 PM »
Never seen a progressive machine configured in that manner.
Most likely rigged to count/add a coin in a ratio manner, 1:1,  4:1, etc.

Offline 702collector

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 09:55:49 PM »
It’s not a progressive. It varies every handle pull.

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 07:56:10 AM »
702collector,

This is when it would be nice to see what Monti would say.  His expertise will be greatly missed.

I am curious how much it varies.  Could you play like 6 games and post the meter readings?  Does it stay at a certain value before the handle pull and then change after the play?

I recall seeing one recently listed for sale.  My thoughts it was done in-house by a tech.  I wonder how the Gaming Control Board would have felt about this "Various Jackpot" since the player didn't know what the Jackpot would have been unless there was additional signage around these machines.  This is just my 2¢....  :propeller:

Offline 702collector

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 09:18:36 AM »
I wonder the same thing. Maybe that’s why the silver spur didn’t last long. My thoughts exactly of Monti. So much knowledge and experience lost. It varies dramatically. Starts changing right before the end of the handle pull. I will make a table for you. I’ve seen it go from $99 to $1

Offline 702collector

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2024, 09:44:07 AM »
Maybe they got away with it because it was guaranteed $10 plus whatever the variable?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2024, 09:47:34 AM »
702collector,

This is when it would be nice to see what Monti would say.  His expertise will be greatly missed.

I keep thinking of him when these obscure games pop up. So much lost... :(
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2024, 09:48:44 AM »
Maybe they got away with it because it was guaranteed $10 plus whatever the variable?

I still don't think they would have liked that.  It's too bad this image wasn't better that you could find one on the floor.  Maybe you could locate a better photo down the road.

Offline 702collector

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2024, 09:51:35 AM »
63mini thanks for the picture! Hard to find much on the silver spur.

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2024, 09:56:32 AM »
702collector,

$99 seems quite high for a "single coin" and "single line" 5¢ machine.  I assume it's single coin play?  Oh well, that's just my .02¢ coming out again on this dreary day.  :gloomy:

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2024, 02:15:43 PM »
I posted pics and a video of the variable jackpot in action here:
   https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/custom_slots/742A-266%20-%20not/pics/

the variable jackpot is truly random on every pull, and if ya look at the circuit boards doing it, you can see some 555 timer chips and counter chips doing the work.

the entire circuit could probably be reproduced just from pictures of both sides of the board ... and a bit less dust :-)

Offline 702collector

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2024, 02:26:48 PM »
I just picked it up in that picture. Hadn’t cleaned it yet🤣. Thanks all your help Wolftalk.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal