New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally EM 1088? not paying out on 2 winning conbination only..  (Read 6088 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Bally EM 1088? not paying out on 2 winning conbination only..
« on: December 26, 2014, 10:26:21 PM »
I just got this machine in, and it's seems to work fine except that it's not paying out the Bell, Bell, Bar combination, and the Bar, Bar, Bar combination?.. This is a single line 3 coin Bally EM, I think its a 1088? I found that one of the wiper board contacts on the second reel was broken off.. I replaced it, but it didn't help with the no pays... My payout wiper board checks out, no broken wires, and the 18 coin payout circuit checks fine with my VOM Meter... Tomorrow I'm going to check the cabinets beau plugs for the reels assembly for a broken wire.. :soapbox_3:

My question is this, are these two payout some how working in series? The only thing I can think would be the third Bar symbol on reel 3? That wiper boards contacts seem to be adjusted correct, and I don't see a broken wire on wiper board 3... Do these two jackpot payout share a common payout relay, like the Plum's do in some EM's?? :Scratch-Head: I'm about 90% positive the problem is contained to the reel assembly and beau plugs..   :yes:

Hopefully OldReno (Donnerpartyof8), OpBell or someone else might have an idea...  :EmoticonHelp4:

I just realized that I didn't check to see if the 3 Bell jackpot paid out.. :banghead:   This is a family owned machine they were hoping could be repaired.. It has a been in there family for 20 years..

Thanks, Gary
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:24:55 AM by Ron (r273) »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline JanGbg

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally EM 1088? not paying out on 2 winning conbination only..
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 09:39:35 AM »
I Think you should check the "BAR-relay". It's sitting on the reel-unit at the right side.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 11:13:54 AM »
Is the alignment on all 3 of your reel wipers good?
Set up the pay, and check ohms from the 90 wire on 3rd reel to the 18 pay wire (51?) coming off the 1st reel.
Actually, the best check is from the male pin 90 wire to the male pin 51 wire (or whatever it is) directly coming out of the reel mech plug itself.  That way you are assured that your reel mech is reading it completely.
I would look for broken wire in the plugs last, as unless someone has been dicking with the machine, they usually don't break on their own.
Go through all pay combinations (every kind of pay at least once) and make sure that the bell/bar pays are the only ones not working.
Also, check the new wiper cuts to make sure that they are correct with the old wiper.  You must often cut the metal yourself to separate the pay structure from the 6V portion of the boards. Did you replace the wiper, or the button on the reel board?
Does this machine pay L to R and R to L?
For giggles you might want to record the reel strips and the pays for posterity...we can calculate the % that way.
I urge all users to record strips and pays just for that reason, and that we can share info and differentiate types of machines.
ANY PICS Amechanic???
Also, one last question, does it pay Or Or Bar and Pl Pl Bar pays???

The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 11:43:30 AM »
I was just heading back out into the garage as I found this.. The center wiper I replaced is correct, top 3 contacts are one group, then 3 sets of two for the rest. I learned the differance in the wipers the hard way a couple years back, that not all 9 contact wipers are the same  :duh:.. I will take my camera out with me today.. When I got this machine in for service one of the first things I noticed was that the right reel beau plug had damage. One round female connector was pushed out the back, and the female pin right next to it was shoved half way out. I fix both of those, and straightened the male pins. That's when I saw the broken wiper  :banghead:  I changed that and tested, but still no payouts on those two combinations. The owner gave me a rough payout problem list. A lot of 1 coin over pays, but that was an easy fix, since the payout zero stop bumper wasn't adjusted correct. I was going out to check 3 bells and orange / bar.
I still want to check the left reel beau plug just because of the damage to the right one. I will try to OHM that circuit. Thanks Donner..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 12:57:08 PM »
Okay.. Quick up date here.. Any payout ending with the Bar symbol going left to right does not payout, but they do all payout if the jackpots are right to left are paying correct.. The 3 Bars and three 7's don't payout.. Every other paying jackpots are now correct except the third reel ending in Bar or 7.. I'm going to look a little closer at my third reels wiper. A correction, this is a 1090 EM and i attached a picture of a relay mounted on the back wall behind the reels. whats that one for? top one looks to be a buzzer.. Any more ideas would be helpful..

Gary

And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 02:10:49 PM »
Okay.. This is now a fully pay 1090 EM..  :applause: I found that the top contact on the third reel was not making contact to the buttons of the wiper board. Removed the wiper and straightedge the contact, and once it was reinstalled the machine now pays on jackpot ending in Bar to the right. I will work on getting the reel strip symbol information.
One quick question for Donner.. If my second wiper is missing the second wiper from the top, and its a group of 3 connected will that wiper still work? 1-2&3 wiper contact are all one. See pic..

Gary
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 08:32:13 PM »
Okay its done and working fine.. I have the reels strips symbols and a few pictures...

Reel 1                      Reel 2                   Reel 3

7                              7                          7
bell                          orange                  orange
plum                          bar                       plum
bell                         cherry                    orange
cherry                        bar                       plum
Bell                         Orange                    Cherry
Plum                          Bar                      Orange
Bell                              7                         Plum
Bar                            Bar                      Orange
Bell                           Bell                        Plum
Plum                          Bar                       Orange
Bell                          Orange                     Bar 
Cherry                        Bar                       Plum
Plum                         Cherry                   Orange
Bell                             Bar                       Plum
Plum                            7                        Orange
Bell                             Bar                      Cherry
Bar                          Orange                    Orange
Orange                        Bar                        Plum
Bell                            Plum                       Bell
Plum                            Bar                     Orange
Bell                            Bell                         Plum

And remember...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 12:17:38 PM »
Hi,
I see you are missing the 2nd wiper down.  If there are NO connections wired into that row on the board, then the wiper will work fine.  However, I suspect that the 2nd row buttons are wired in, so you will miss out on some pays.
As a fix, if your soldering is good, you can cut off one of the unused fingers on your wiper assembly, and then solder it in place over the missing one.  Be sure to tin both pieces well, and you can carefully lay them together and heat them until the solder flows.  You have a goodly amount of copper between them to solder, which makes for a good bond.
I have done this and it does work, and for quite a while if you take your time at it.
Otherwise, replace the wiper with a new one...
BTW thanks for posting the reel strips.  Maybe someone will take a shot at calculating the %...?
It is nice to have them on file here I am thinking.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal