New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 809 project questions  (Read 8746 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
809 project questions
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:40:18 PM »
Ok, I've had this one since last fall.. It's a Bally 809 fruit.. When I first got it, the machine did pay out anything over the cherries.. After adjusting the reels wipers it started to pay out on all combinations, but only on a single coin.. I've removed the feature and hooked up my extension cable.. The feature is resetting on the first coin, and advances on coins 2,3,4, &5.. I used my meter on the features contacts, and the all show to be working?  The lights on the front of the feature don't advance, they always stay on coin 1? I do not see any of my odds units rotating? They are not frozen, and rotate nicely.. I have also noticed that it will pay coins and shut off, but not by lifting the coin roller.. This hopper is not 100% mechanical on counting coins, it has blade switches that open and close as the coin are paid, but they do not advance my spiral cam? If I push down on the solenoid, the spiral cam advances and shut off..
I'm wondering if the no advance of my feature lights is tied into the same circuit as my hoppers blade switches not working? I've never had a hopper with this type of setup on the payout roller, blade switches instead of the click/lever type switch.. What am I missing?? I'm not sure what relay controls those contacts for counting coins?

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
Re: 809 project questions
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 08:35:31 PM »
I would check the Zero switch first and then the set of switches in front of the coil on the fan side of the mech. The switch stack and the switches above them should be right (no pitting on the contacts). I had an issue there that would only take 1 coin and not advance on any other coins. `The set right behind the spring should cose at the last second of the travel of the arm and the shortest period of the star ratcheted wheel (randomizer). This changes the timing of the stoping of the reels but the switches should close after the last reel stops at the longest time of running. If it stops too soon you dont get a proper payout or one at all depending. Now this wont effect the advancing of the lights across to header for the 5 coins. I would check the advnce unit behind the front board. If you dont have jumpers for the unit, you can unscrew it from the frame and look  into it. I am thinking you might have a beau plug connection problem because out of the blue it didnt work right anymore. I had one like that and had a bad connector on one of the pins and when I pullet the unit out, the pin slid out and I saw no problem. It want until I started tracing the wires for that circut and when I got to the plug, it moved inside the plug. So when I slid the unit back in, it pushed it back and didnt make a good connection.  I got lucky finding that one. Since you worked on the wipers as well, you can check them to make sure they are contacting the boards well. Pull the small arm out gently and let it go. I t should snap back. Be sure that the advance unit in the top works well with the switches making contact. I had intermittent problems with my 809  and it took a good while to get them all fixed. The 809 was one of my first machines and OldReno and the repair logs from others really helped getting it going again. Ultimatly, it was a pitted switch on the switches in front of the coin stack, that looked like it made good contact. Moved when the switches closed, but it made no contact. Had to file that switch down to get rid of the pits on both sides, and its been working fine ever since.
Hope all this helps ... I know its not your first rodeo but it aint mine either, and I can use all the help and ideas I can get from NLG's members and the repair logs.

Dave F

Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 07:18:05 PM »
Well Dave those switches all test working.. I was able to get the coin lights working for a bit, but I seem to have a badly worm 30 pin beau plug on the hopper. I'm hoping to have enough spare connections to repair the problems.. I also noticed on closer inspection that I only have 1/2 of one of the reels round male beau plug pins.. I did get to see my odds unit work twice, and the hoppers payout switch to work twice too.. So it looks to be mostly the hoppers beau plug.. I'll try to do the repairs on Monday..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 08:14:16 PM »
When you have the intermittent problems like you are having, good chance it is a beau plug. Keep "plugging" away and let me know how you progress with it.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 09:37:18 PM »
Well I repaired the questionable connections on the hopper beau plug. Now my coin light work as the should, but I'm still no closer on why I only have single coin payout, no matter if I play 2,3,4 or 5 coins.. The stepper advances for each coin played.
Does anyone have a Fruit 809 machine that I could get a picture of the top box feature unit? I noticed that it has a couple taped off wires on one relay stack, like a set of contacts were removed on the top switch. I did also notice that 2 wire from my features stepper are removed and nicely shrink wrapped on the side? Hopefully if I can get a picture or two of another 809 stepper I can see the wires colors. I think tomorrow's game plan is to check the operation of all the features contacts on the machine.
And remember...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 12:51:07 PM »
Gary, the odds unit selects which of your X-units for payouts.  You should be able to trace the wire from each individual X-unit coil back to the odds disc.  If they don't get signal from the disc, they won't advance, and won't send pulse down to payout counter step up coil.  Send pics of what you got in the top unit. 
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 09:51:47 AM »
I think that this machine has had the top feature unit replaced at one time in it's life.. The number on the side of the unit in marker doesn't match the letters after the 809 on the machines cabinet.. Also on the side of the feature unit it mentions 7's.. My machine doesn't have 7's as the high payout, mines a triple bar... Here are pictures of my top box feature unit.. You can see where wires have been cut off, and the others going no where..
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 09:54:51 AM »
a few more...
And remember...

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 10:10:02 AM »
If you look at te ods relay pic, you will see these contacts look rough. A little bent and could possibly need a file and burnish. This is on the biger round contacts. They can take refileing and burnishing but the small ones it is not suggested. The heavier switches, like the heavy end of stroke switches in a pinball, can get pitted and not seat well. This picture shows that to me.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 10:11:24 AM »
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 11:45:38 AM »
Dave,
 I took those pics before I took the relay stack off to check. I did straighten clean and inspect those contacts using my VOM on ohms to check for any resistance. They all show a good contact with a zero (0) on meter.. My next thing to check might have to be my beau plugs wiring to make sure I don't have a wire loose, or crossed? Wire by wire, and color to color.. I did fix out one new thing and its not a good thing. For some reason the only bulbs in my feature unit were the two on the far left that shows payouts. None of the 1-5 coin were in. I put bulbs in and found out why?? When they powered on it was a bright flash and they blew up?

Gary
And remember...

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 03:34:33 PM »
Somehow 50V might be introduced to that lamp circut. Dont think 110V would be present since it runs the florescent lamps. Might have a shitch touching one that is involved with a coil. I would look really well at the odds unit and its switches. As you mentioned, could be a crossed wire or one broken off a Beau plug resting on a coil connection wire. ALso might just be shorted to ground. I have found a dime on a machine that had been over fused and the dime was welded to the bracket and was blue. Almost burned out the transformer, staarted to drip wax right be fore I bought it. That was a 100$ discount for me.
Let me know.
Dave F
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:56:08 AM by The Fatman »
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 11:22:44 PM »
Gary, remember that you can remove the 4 screws holding your top unit light board in place, and drop it down so that you can watch the action.  Coin it and play 1 through 5 coins, and ensure that the odds disc does step up the right amount.  I note one of your odds disc solenoids has been replaced by the burn marks on the white toothed gear, so it may be resetting itself as you play. Probably not though.
I want you to notice if any of the X units moves during a payout when you play 2 3, 4 or 5 coins in the machine and set up a pay.
When you play 2 coins, the x2 moves for every coin out, but the hopper steps only once per 2 coins out.
X3 is same but with 3 coins played, it steps one step for every coin out, and only steps hopper once out of every three coins one time.
etc.
IF your odds disc steps right, then it should select which x unit to use.  Note, only one x unit should be on at a time.
Keep us informed.  Good luck.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Denny

• Reputation Power: 27
  • Denny New User barely matters.Denny New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • www.designhse.wix.com/designhouse
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 10:55:24 AM »
Gary,  Do you still need some pictures of the top box of an 809 fruit machine ??  If you do let me know and I will dig mine out and take some shots for you.  Anything in particular that you need???
Denny

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 02:41:31 PM »
I'd gladly take the pictures.. Is your a fruit machine with or without 7's? Mine doesn't have the 7's and only pays left to right.. I have seen some fruit machine with the 7's that pay both L-R & R-L.. I'd like to see pictures if the relay stack, and the odds disk contacts and wiring around the outside..

Thanks Gary
And remember...

Offline Denny

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 03:04:32 PM »
Gary,  It has NO 7s and only pays left to right so we are on the same page.  I am away for a few days but should have pictures by Thursday.  You can see my 809 in my profile pictures.
Denny

Offline Denny

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 09:58:33 AM »
Gary, here are the pictures of my 809 fruit machine.  Man, there are a hell of a lot of wires so I hope this helps.  If you need other more specific places let me know. GOOD LUCK !!!
Denny

Offline Denny

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 10:01:02 AM »
Gary,  Here are 2 more shots.  If you need something else let me know.......  Denny

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 10:38:05 AM »
Denny , It's amazing there is machines out there in factory fresh condition at over 40 years old like the looks of yours. Amazing!

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 10:39:30 AM »
Denny,

Thanks for taking the time to get me those pictures. I already see that there are many differences between my feature unit and yours. You might want to get some oil or contact grease on those contacts. I see a lot of brass shaving on the wiper board.. I found that Pinball Resource has a nice contact grease that works well..

Gary
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal