New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E-1240-4 Help needed  (Read 10368 times)

Offline Akriegs

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Akriegs New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally E-1240-4 Help needed
« on: November 03, 2015, 05:38:12 PM »
Help needed with Bally E-1240-4 machine. I turn on and get error code 50 for door being open. i can assure the door is shut but i cant clear the code. Also when i insert coin and pull handle the wheels just keep spinning and don't stop. Any help would be appreciated. Are there any users from Atlanta metro area that like to work on machine? I am looking to meet some users to help share in knowledge of all types of slot machines.

UPDATE---i pushtest the test button 8 times and was able to get wheels to spin and stop. i think the door open is the issue. i have an older model e that ha some kind of connection where the lock is. i am thinking this is the issue on my new machine. how can i get around the door open issue on my E machine?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 06:17:42 PM by Akriegs »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally E-1240-4 Help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 07:00:13 PM »
Hello... Well getting it to play in test 8 is a good sign.. You have two door switches, one on the lower cabinet hinge, the other one is on the door next to the door lock.. If your in a test, any test, you can terminate it by closing the door.. That's one way to test the door hinge switch, the door lock switch can be checked in test 3 if I remember correctly.. On some machines the door lock switch is closed when the door is locked, others it's closed when the door lock is open, then a cam allows it to open when the door locks..My guess is that you have an issue with the one on the door..

Gay
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 08:18:33 PM »
I have another e series that has a contact when you turn the key. it actually pushes the contact when the key is turned.  With my new machine I don't see this part. i'm not sure if its removed or not.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 08:20:36 PM »
here are 2 pictures of the machine I have issues with as you can see I don't have that contact not sure if its supposed to be there or someone ripped it out.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 08:27:09 PM »
If I remember right code 50 is the door opened code.
And it will stay till there is a complete spin.
But the reels spin and don't lock tells me that you should look
at the kick switches as the problem.
The fact that you get the machine to coin up and pull the handle
says the door is closed and the game is ready to play.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 08:48:05 PM »
You may already be aware of this but just in case..............

This switch appears to be one of the "door open" sensing switches. Since it is missing on the bad machine maybe it only uses the door hinge switch?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 08:53:00 PM »
Also, is the part circled below a door hinge switch?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 09:19:09 PM »
What you have circled is one of the ballast on the front door.

Check your kick and arm switches for operation in test #3.

Has this machine worked for you in the past, or is it a new project?

Does the 50000 stay in the win meter after you try coining it up and pulling the handle, or does it change? Tilt light come on?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 09:44:40 PM »
...What you have circled is one of the ballast on the front door....

ok thanks!

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 05:56:36 AM »
I close the door and put coin in and it will accept and spin and actually payoff if I win. The error 50 will not go away. This is a new project I picked off CL and I had no other info. Everything seems to work ok but I would like to get the error codes not to display.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 10:52:30 AM »
Can you get pictures of the MPU board front and back sides. From what I'm hearing is that this machine is working correct, but the win meter is not. It's always read the 50000. It sounds like you might have had someone use a jumper wire on the MPU to by pass the relay..

The MPU is the board located on the left side of the cabinet by the reels. You need to be careful not the damage the very small and fragile pins on the ribbon cable that connects your win meter to the board.

And remember...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 12:07:18 PM »
You can probably find a lot more information on your machine here, too:>>>
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=75.0
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 04:20:29 PM »
i am attaching the front picture of the Mother board only because the wire looks old and frail. I also am attaching the front picture of the error code. I would like to see if i can get the belly glass to see if i can put a light bulb and i am having issues. i see 4 screws on the front of the glass belly but i cant open it up. do i need to undo something from the inside of the machine?
Thanks for all the help from evryone.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 05:23:54 PM »
I was able to get the front belly glass off and I saw the bulb was attached. I tested it on my other slot and it worked. it must be a power issue. I can see that it only uses 1 side of the power is that the way it supposed to be? or do both sides get plugged in. I am also missing one of the starters on the side the power is actually connected to. I took a starter from my other machine and put in this machine but the bulb still did not light any suggestions? The left black side has the power but no starter the other side has started byut the cable is not plugged in to any place and clearly I could not see an open connector to connect it to.

Offline Akriegs

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 06:09:44 PM »
UPDATE to all. I was able to get the lights working on the belly glass by taking the starters from the other machine and putting into the broken machine. my last dilemma is the dreaded 50 code when I am playing the machine. I read the ballys manual and it shows on page 11 the door switch behind the lower door hinge.  I am posting a close up of that piece. I can see there are 3 prongs and only 2 wires connected. I am not sure if that is the way its is supposed to be. Any input? I really would like to get this dreaded error code to go away and I will have taken a totally dead machine that I picked up on Sunday and have it fully functioning in 3 days.
Once again thanks to this forum  and all the knowledge you guys have I am becoming very familiar with these machine.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 06:15:00 PM »
.....I read the ballys manual and it shows on page 11 the door switch behind the lower door hinge.  I am posting a close up of that piece. I can see there are 3 prongs and only 2 wires connected. I am not sure if that is the way its is supposed to be. Any input?.......

I'm fairly sure that is normal to have an unused terminal on the door switch. The switch is made with 3 terminals so it can be used in different machines and configurations. On the 2 terminals near each other one of them is the Normally Open terminal and the other is the Normally Closed terminal. That way it can be connected to a circuit that either needs an open connection or a closed connection to sense the door being open.

Now if someone moved a wire in your machine and put it on the wrong terminal you'd have a problem, can you compare it to your other working machine to make sure?

Also, I think there is an adjustment you can make to this door switch by loosening mounting screws so that it deactivates when the door is shut. Sometimes the plunger doesn't move far enough to press enough on the switch when the door is closed.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 06:00:50 AM »
Try loosening the screws on the switch mounting plate and adjust it closer to the hinge. With the machine turned off you can here the switch click when slowly opening and closing the door if the switch is close enough to the hing. Does the lower light of the candle stay lit on top of the machine with the door closed?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 06:41:37 AM »
Some additional info: on your MPU board there is mounted a small board with a battery. The battery is the long white cylinder, looks like yours has the original style. I didn't see any battery leakage in your photo but it is always a good idea to check them carefully when you first get a machine, as any leakage can damage circuit boards. The small board the battery is mounted to is the CMOS memory board, it keeps bookkeeping and financial data such as number of coins played, coins paidout, etc. Others can say for sure but I think you can safely remove the battery and the machine will still play. You can check the battery with a meter, they should measure about 3.0 to 3.5 volts dc.

Your MPU board is the older series 1000 board, they later made a series 2000 MPU board. If you ever need to you can replace your MPU with one of the series 2000 boards, they are compatible and often easier to find.  [Edit, see correcting posts below]

The ribbon cables (gray wires) connect to a connector on the board for signals to and from the other boards in the machine, like the I/O and Win Meter display boards. The connector attached to the end of the ribbon cable has small flat pins that are short and can be bent easily.

The ic's on the MPU that have labels contain your game software. They are installed in sockets so you can replace them fairly easily if needed or you want different software in the machine.

The machine may have been converted to quarters, it looks like a quarter is installed in the coin comparitor (not sure, hard to tell in the photo) but the belly glass says "5 cents". Or it may have always been a quarter machine and someone replaced the belly glass with whatever they could find.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:11:41 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 06:53:10 AM »
<non-relevant comment deleted>
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:10:00 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 01:34:59 PM »
Your MPU board is the older series 1000 board, they later made a series 2000 MPU board. If you ever need to you can replace your MPU with one of the series 2000 boards, they are compatible and often easier to find.

This is not true.. I'm not an expert but I know that you can't just swap a 1000 MPU with a 2000 MPU. I don't know the whole reasons why, but there are a few slight differences. One has to do with the hopper and the relay boards found in the E1000 next to the beau plug.
I had one machine that was an E1000 series and wouldn't payout on a higher jackpot. It had been switched to a later model E2000 MPU.. Once a E1000 MPU was installed it paid out on the larger jackpot.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal