New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New arrival...... Bally 956 Low Boy  (Read 14002 times)

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: New arrival...... Bally 956 Low Boy
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 06:47:56 PM »
What does it pay out when you play 2 coins, 3 coins, 4 coins and 5?
Does it do anything on 777?
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline farthingbowl

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • farthingbowl New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 05:28:20 AM »
multiple coins work, machine skips to next coin, lights work, however it seems that all any bars payout 40 coins, and all others like 777 or 5bars is emptying hopper and not stopping.

clearly i'am missing something, but what... :Scratch-Head:

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 09:04:50 AM »
let's see if I can read this correctly put one coin in set it up for any bar win take the hopper out and take a picture of where the hopper is out then so we know if it's in the hopper or if it's in the multiplier

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 09:42:00 AM »
Could it be that the return spring for the spiral cam is wound too tight, or there is a bind in the 100 tooth gear & shaft since it been repaired?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline farthingbowl

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 10:05:22 AM »
so this is were we are, 1 coin in, any bar payout should be 20, I got 38, picture is end position after payout.

Offline mark the spark

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mark the spark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 10:33:01 AM »
might be daft but have the odds disc thingymebobs and all that reset to zero?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2016, 10:47:59 AM »
with one coin in, all the multiplier circuits SHOULD be out of the loop, when you manually step the counter unit does it count up to the 20 pay line, ( you can put an ohm meter on the field and 20 pay line it should show continuity through out the 20 pay.) looks as though it is stopping in  the right place, you might have a problem in the odds disc, when it resets to zero, it puts the output from the reels to the counter directly, when you use more than one coin, it steps up this disc  and directs the output from the reels to the appropriate multiplier unit, sounds as if the disc isn't resetting properly or the wipers are damaged or???

anyway, I would check the proper operation of the odds count up disc as your potential problem ares, especially if the counter will count up to twenty manually

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2016, 11:43:00 AM »
Is this a manual counting hopper where every coin advances the gear one click or does it have an electric switch? It's possible that your roller adjustment is off and its only counting every other coin?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline farthingbowl

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2016, 12:06:21 PM »
Hi, it's an electric counting

Offline farthingbowl

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2016, 12:33:27 PM »
Just saw that when having a payout I can see the Spiral cam and reset arm moving 20 times, so that seems correct..

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2016, 12:56:18 PM »
take your ring off the back about spiral and wrap it two and one quarter times and see if that fixes the problem

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2016, 01:51:13 PM »
Regarding pic on reply 24, your pay board fingers look pretty correct.  They are in the 20 coin range, so it sounds like perhaps your X2 unit is working when it should not be.  You CAN remove the light board from the front of your top unit (4 screws out, and lay it gently down) and then when the machine is paying you can view what's going on up there.  I highly recommend that...   If your X2 unit is moving during payout, then it has been 'selected' to override the pays.  In that case, check your JP#1 and JP#2 switch stacks in the top unit, to be sure that they are not what is making the X2 work when it should not.  Those 2 JPs override all other pay x-units when jackpot is detected.
The secret behind solving pay problems is viewing the payboard after pays, and listening to what is going on.  See if your machine pays correctly with 2 coins played. 
Also, lest I forget, there MAY be a switch very near your payout counter zero switch that controls the 20 coin pays.  As you step up your payboard look at those switches to see when they open.  This could be part of your problem.  (lower left in your photo reply #24

Offline farthingbowl

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2016, 06:29:00 AM »
Oldreno, what do you mean with the top unit ? as it's a low cabinet I only have the reel part and the belly glass.

when i should have a 20 coin payout and I get 40 I noticed that the pay board fingers only move on the 1-3-5th coins etc. so the first coin (say odd) coming out of the hopper activates the payout circuit and every even activates something else as I can hear a click, but can't see what it is...

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2016, 07:48:50 AM »
If your going to try and fix this machine it would be to your benefit to learn what sub assemblies you have in your machine. the unit you hear clicking is the X2 multiplier unit.  that unit and all the multiplier units are located in the upper left hand corner, the odds disc is located in the bottom back.  You should get a copy of the EM manual, it shows all these units and describes them by name and part number.   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline farthingbowl

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2016, 09:27:55 AM »
Hi Jim,

I have the manual, several of them, I know where the parts are, I just dont seem to find the "trigger" of my problem. so far it seems clear the X2 multiplier is working when it's not supposed to do so, but i'll solve the problem sooner or later, It's just not so easy when all the manuals and descriptions are not in your mother language..

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2016, 09:36:42 AM »
looking at the schematic, and following the signal, the "ODDS DISC" appears to be where your problem is.  with a new coin insert, this disc should reset to zero position, there by taking the multiplier units out of the path for counting.  your win signal appears to still be going into the X2 unit.   you should be able to remove the odds disc unit (lower bottom back corner)  this unit can be manually operated out of the machine, you can observe how the unit works by clicking the count up coil and then resetting it with the other coil.  check for dirty contact pads, clean and lube this and you may solve your problem.

Hope this helps

Jim   

Signature:

Offline JanGbg

• JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2016, 09:45:38 AM »
Are you sure that the reset signal to the counter on the hopper works?

Offline farthingbowl

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2016, 10:26:03 AM »
The odds unit seem to work fine, one coin in and it does not move, 2-3-4-5 coins, it steps up one, and after play it resets on next coin in. also the lights behind the glass move with the correct ammount of coins.

So when I have 1 coin in and should have a 20 payout I get 40, I can see the front multplier coil in the left top corner move 40 times, but should this one move at all with a 1 coin play-win ?

Tim

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2016, 11:32:01 AM »
Tim,   well we are starting to eliminate some things,  reference page 19 in the Bally manual, payout schematics for this model machine,As Old Reno stated, the line that comes from the three pivot switches, it goes to the jackpot relay #1 and # 2, if either one of those contacts are in the other position it would put that signal to the x2 coil.  if it isn't that then the only item left that get the signal to the x2 coil would be the X2 DISC contact plate shown underneath the odds disc count up schematic.

Jim

Signature:

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2016, 11:40:33 AM »
Tim, I forgot you have a lowboy with no top unit.  You still do have all the subassemblies, however, just find them.
It probably would not hurt to remove the odds disc and assembly and your X-units, and inspect them carefully. They should all be on a plate held to case by a couple of screws -- pull out the whole assembly.
Something is causing x-2 to work all the time, and I have suggested you check your Jackpot Lockup switches on JPLU1 and JPLU2 units. 
Have you done that?
Are they ok? Do they all open and close as they should or is one set stuck closed or open all the time?
Do your odds lights step up to 5 coins in when you play 5 coins? 4 coins?  3 coins?
There are a lot of things we are not getting from you as far as info...
Are you coining the machine or just pushing the coin switch with your finger? 

What does it pay on bars when you play 3 coins?
4 coins?
5 coins?

Oh, pictures of your odds unit will help...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal