New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1046 - Needs door lock mechanism / tilt  (Read 7218 times)

Offline chedderboy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • chedderboy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 1046 - Needs door lock mechanism / tilt
« on: February 13, 2016, 05:17:01 PM »
After not being able to enjoy the slots for a while, I came across a Bally 1046 crisis-cross EM quarter slot machine.  I bought it from an antique flea market and took a gamble.  It needs some love, but it appears it is missing parts from the door.  I need to locate the door lock mechanism (move up and down off lock movement) from the door lock cam to the moving parts.

Anyone have one of these for sale?  Is this mechanism one assembly? 

I also see the tilt light on.  The machine wants to play but it needs to be shopped out.  Is the tilt light some switch or something that can be reset?

This model is identical to the Bally 873, with the exception being it was made with a single fluorescent light up top instead of the 20+ single bulbs.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 12:04:01 PM by chedderboy »

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
Re: Bally 1046 - anyone have a full door lock/latch mechanism for sale?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:36:30 PM »
I remember my first machine had no door latch after I got it running I bought another machine for the door latch after I got the second machine running I bought two more machines then all of a sudden I had 50 it's a sickness a disease be careful

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
Re: Bally 1046 - anyone have a full door lock/latch mechanism for sale?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 06:53:48 PM »
on a serious note I shipped my last door latch 2 weeks ago
there are several people on here with those parts they will be glad to sell them to you

Offline chedderboy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • chedderboy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 1046 - Needs door lock mechanism / tilt
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 03:59:08 PM »
Door lock, latch assembly, hopper star, and lock cam all acquired.  Machine to a slot mechanic for some love to bring it back to life.  I patiently await the call to pick it up :-)

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 04:03:57 PM »
sweet can hardly wait to see some pictures of it done

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 06:45:58 PM »
Your are right Jon, it is a sickness or disease. Some of us just have it worst than others.
Looking forward to seeing the finishes 1046 machine. Re the tilt light, sometimes on the 1088 it will come on after some monthly maintenance. I just trip the coin in switch and good to go. One of these days I'll have to get into it to see what activates the light.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 06:50:57 PM »
well Dave if you have a schematic for it I will help you I am trying to get all the schematics I can for my Facebook page I think people selling them online in PDF form is not right I understand you have to make a living fortunately the only ones I can find online I already have but I would love that 1088 if you have it and I got some more parts gathered up for you

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 07:37:35 PM »
Jon-
on your facebook page, why is the belly glass upside down on that old Harrah's machine?

https://m.facebook.com/Ballysemparts/

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 07:42:57 PM »
before I put the glass in I drink a 12-pack maybe more and some Jack
 :Tongue_Out:

I had that frame upside down so it would sit on the Shelf with a cord on it I still have several more on the Shelf plugged in it is turned right side up now in the machine I thought I posted a picture on there of it I still need to do the artwork on it it was a 742a cabinet I built a 1088 in

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 08:03:38 PM »
if you go back in my Facebook  page you will see now the glasses right side up

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 02:01:45 PM »
Tilt light is probably due to a slam switch or two, generally in top unit, and they are weighted switches that either make or break when the machine is banged, or 'slammed', kind of like what they do on pinball machines.
You can either bend the switch open or closed (depending on which type it is), or disable the relay that it runs.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 02:07:00 PM »
I am not as elegant of a speaker old Reno but a picture is worth a thousand words

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 02:08:36 PM »
before I put the glass in I drink a 12-pack maybe more and some Jack
 :Tongue_Out:

I had that frame upside down so it would sit on the Shelf with a cord on it I still have several more on the Shelf plugged in it is turned right side up now in the machine I thought I posted a picture on there of it I still need to do the artwork on it it was a 742a cabinet I built a 1088 in

Your first reason would explain it, but I know you are kidding around.   :garfield:

The Harrah's machine I see with the upside down belly glass is in the video section on your facebook page.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 02:32:59 PM »
yes and I uploaded a new picture with an old man playing it from the neighborhood if you go back to my Facebook page you will see it  right side up now

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal