New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Various questions IGT S+ project machine  (Read 5162 times)

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mr. Tibbs New User has no influence.
  • BallyWilliams
Various questions IGT S+ project machine
« on: September 22, 2018, 02:56:08 PM »
Hello there :nlg-logo:

I recently picked up the remains of an IGT S+ machine. It came without a mainboard, so I'm trying to figure out which SP and SS chips I should install. I have a 16mhz board on the way.
The theme is "Double Red White & Blue" with 2nd coin play.

It looks like someone has installed some odd backlit reels, transparent plastic reels with a metal stand. Would they work ok in an S+ system, just without the backlight function?

Also, since I'm running on 220V, does the machine need 110V for anything other than the hopper and cabinet lights? I'm not quite sure if I can get the transformer to stepdown the 220V to 110V, will have to investigate the wiring a bit further.

Thanks!

(edited topic title)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 09:52:49 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Various S+ questions
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 04:07:17 PM »
NLG website has what is called the IGT S+ Game Bible. It has a game page for nearly all S+ machine games. Here is the Double RWB 2coin game page:

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%202CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Double%20Red,%20White%20&%20Blue%20(2%20Coin%20Multiplier).htm

You can use any of the SS chips listed in this chart for your mpu board.

As you can see on the game page (just under the name of the game near top of screen) Double RWB is what IGT calls a "Type 0" game. This is how IGT organizes the various S+ games with similar features. Your mpu board will have a socket for an SP chip, you will need to get one that is compatible with Type 0 games. It will also need to be an SP chip that is compatible with a 16mhz mpu board since that is what you have ordered. The SP chip contains the software to operate the machine, the SS chip contains the software specific to the game (i.e. Double RWB). So the mpu board has 2 sockets for these required chips.

Here is the list of most SP chips. In general the higher the SP chip number the newer it is and the more features it has. I'd recommend you contact someone here on NLG such as member "RB" to get the SS and SP chips, he will make sure that you get the proper ones:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=303.msg847#msg847

The machines are made so that the main power transformer in the bottom of the machine can be wired for 220 volt or for 120 volt operation. I don't think you have to make any other wiring changes.

Post photos of the oddball reels that are in the machine. Are they connected to the wiring cable for the reels? Did they ever work so you know they are compatible, or did someone just stick them in there to make the machine look complete?

PS> Welcome to NLG!   :wave: :waving_flag:

(and congratulations, your English skills are excellent. Are you expatriate?)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 05:48:54 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• BallyWilliams
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 05:35:09 PM »

Thanks, I think that's mostly what I needed to know about the SP chips. A type 0 game seems like a good place to start, hehe.

I dont know how the reels ended up in this machine. They seem to have S2000 style plugs, but anyway here are some pics:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 05:39:08 PM »
Wow those reels are from a 5 reel S2000??

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• BallyWilliams
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 05:43:03 PM »
I honestly have no idea, they seem to have S2000 style connectors, but they didn't look like normal S2000 reels. One reel had a "Lobster Mania" strip on it :drool04:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 05:45:33 PM »
Most likely someone just stuck those reels in there to make the machine look complete.  Do you have a place to get parts that will have stuff for an S+ machine? I suppose you have ebay available, it may be a place to get parts. 
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 05:48:36 PM »
 :I_agree_1:  Pretty sure those are the wide 5 reel s2000 reels.

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• BallyWilliams
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 06:09:45 PM »

Yeah, eBay seems to be the best option for parts.

As far as I can see, I basically just need the mainboard and a set of chips to try and boot up the system. That is if the reels will work at all with this system. But I guess I should at least get some kind of error code. If they are "wide" reels, then I guess I'll have to replace them anyway if I want to fit the reel strips on them  :duh:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 06:22:07 PM »

Yeah, eBay seems to be the best option for parts.

As far as I can see, I basically just need the mainboard and a set of chips to try and boot up the system. That is if the reels will work at all with this system. But I guess I should at least get some kind of error code. If they are "wide" reels, then I guess I'll have to replace them anyway if I want to fit the reel strips on them  :duh:

s2000 wide 5 reel strips are smaller than s+ reel strips.  You will need s+ reels and strips.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 06:40:08 PM »
Please post a photo of this machine. Are we sure you don't have an S2000 cabinet, instead of an S+? It is possible to install an S+ game kit in an S2000. So it may look like an S+ at first glance.

Are those reels even connected to the wiring cables on the S+ shelf? I figured IGT would use different connectors and you would not be able to plug those S2000 reels in?

You can place a WantToBuy [WTB] request here on NLG, there might be someone with whatever parts you need that is willing to ship to Denmark. The WTB is a free service, nothing to lose.

The place that you ordered the mpu board, does it also have other parts like the SS and SP chips, reels, strips, etc?

Does the machine have everything else, like correct upper and lower glass, coin tray, hopper, coin comparitor, etc?

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• BallyWilliams
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 09:16:33 AM »

The cabinet itself seems to not be IGT at all. It has a German label on the back stating that it was made by "ADP Gauselmann GmbH". So it might just be a real Frankenstein cabinet all round.
The reels do plug into the shelf ok, and it seems like the black plug would also fit onto the motherboard, but the cable is much too short to reach down there.

I think I should be able to get most stuff from ebay. I want to install a hopper once I get things up and running.
The only thing I haven't seen for sale are "S+ Reels". Are they called something else maybe?

I've taken some pics of various connectors that I haven't been able to identify. Let me know if I'm missing anything important  :applause:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 09:51:53 AM »
igt s2000 non backlit reels: https://ebay.us/QZDDlF  YOU DO NOT want these.

3rd pic looks like one of 3 plugs for the reels.
4th pic is to light bezel of bill validator
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:19:53 AM by sixcardmark »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
Re: Various questions IGT S+ project machine
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 09:57:32 AM »
So the cabinet is complete with an S+ motherboard, power supply, wiring harness, player pushbuttons, coin acceptor? Only the mpu board is missing? I'm not sure if those reels (S2000?) you have will be compatible with the S+ mpu board you ordered, hope so.

This seems like a project someone began to build a slot machine, is it difficult to get used slot machines there?

I brightened the photos, some of them are too dark to see details very well.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 10:06:40 AM »
I just posted link to s+ reels for sale.  see how much wider they are than those 5 reel s2000's? Even if they did work you would have to trim the s+ strips to fit.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 10:09:07 AM »
Is there an S2000 version of the Double RWB game that has the strips in S2000 size? If so maybe he could use those strips for the reels that he has.

When you install an S+ game kit into an S2000 what strips do you use?

Here are his reel photos from earlier, brightened.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 10:14:18 AM »
3 reel and 5 reel s2000 strips are not the same width.  3 reel non backlit s2000 strips are the same size as s+ strips.

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• BallyWilliams
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 10:14:51 AM »
igt s+ reels: https://ebay.us/QZDDlF

But are those S+ reels?
They seem to have the same S2000 style plugs as the reels I already have.  :Scratch-Head:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 10:18:16 AM »
You are correct those are s2000 reels.  My bad.  s+ reel connector are on the bottom of base not rear.

I will post a pic of s+ reel

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 10:19:56 AM »
3 reel and 5 reel s2000 strips are not the same width.  3 reel non backlit s2000 strips are the same size as s+ strips.

ok - thanks, that's why you can use S+ strips in an S2000. 
But these reels he has are wrong size so no S+ strips will fit?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2018, 10:23:15 AM »

ok - thanks, that's why you can use S+ strips in an S2000.  But these reels he has are wrong size so no S+ strips will fit.

correct

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal