New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Various questions IGT S+ project machine  (Read 5153 times)

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mr. Tibbs New User has no influence.
  • BallyWilliams
Re: Various questions IGT S+ project machine
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 10:25:25 AM »
So the cabinet is complete with an S+ motherboard, power supply, wiring harness, player pushbuttons, coin acceptor? Only the mpu board is missing? I'm not sure if those reels (S2000?) you have will be compatible with the S+ mpu board you ordered, hope so.

This seems like a project someone began to build a slot machine, is it difficult to get used slot machines there?

Yes, looks to be complete apart from coin acceptor, hopper, mainboard. I could always use a mechanical coin mech to start with. I'm guessing the optics thingy works like the wire switch would on older stuff.

About the only nice slot machines you see here in Denmark are the old Bally EM machines, but I didn't want to spend that much on this silly idea, and I also wasn't sure I would be able to drag one of those up the stairs. Soo I ended up with this thing instead   :drool04:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 10:27:38 AM »
here is s+ reel showing connector on base.  You plug in thru a rectangular hole in reel shelf.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 10:34:52 AM »
Here are s+ reels with shelf and rwb deluxe strips:

https://ebay.us/3K0p2H

Lots of stuff you may need!!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 10:41:05 AM »
..... I'm guessing the optics thingy works like the wire switch would on older stuff.

Actually on an S+ the door optics are pulsed, they can't be simulated by using wires only thru a switch. The optic tx and rx parts have to be in the circuit too. There are some discussions on NLG about bypassing the S+ door optics, usually due to door alignment problems, but the methods always have to involve a pair of optic sensors as far as I know.

Here's a clever way to do it, you just mount the 2 door optic parts on the reel shelf facing each other. That tells the mpu that the door is closed. When you open the door you stick a business card between the sensors to block the infrared light and the mpu is told that the door is open.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• BallyWilliams
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2018, 10:43:33 AM »
Here are s+ reels with shelf and rwb deluxe strips:

https://ebay.us/3K0p2H

Lots of stuff you may need!!

Yees, but doesn't ship to Denmark, so...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2018, 10:44:27 AM »
here is s+ reel showing connector on base.  You plug in thru a rectangular hole in reel shelf.

Since the S+ reel connector is different from the S2000 reel connector (like he has) does that mean someone used an S2000 wiring harness in this machine, or maybe they rewired the S+ shelf wiring to add the S2000 reel connectors in place of the S+ reel harness connectors?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• BallyWilliams
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2018, 10:46:38 AM »

Actually on an S+ the door optics are pulsed, they can't be simulated by using wires only thru a switch. The optic tx and rx parts have to be in the circuit too. There are some discussions on NLG about bypassing the S+ door optics, usually due to door alignment problems, but the methods always have to involve a pair of optic sensors as far as I know.

Oh I meant the optic thingy that's right under the coin acceptor. I figure it'll register a credit as long as the coin goes through there.
For the door optics, I think I'll just mount them next to each other and then put a piece of paper in between them if I need to simulate opening the door.

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• BallyWilliams
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2018, 10:48:31 AM »
Since the S+ reel connector is different from the S2000 reel connector (like he has) does that mean someone used an S2000 wiring harness in this machine, or maybe they rewired the S+ shelf wiring to add the S2000 reel connectors in place of the S+ reel harness connectors?

I'm guessing they just used a 3-reel S2000 shelf and then apparently those reels from a 5-reel game......

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2018, 10:52:58 AM »

I posted link of s+ shelf, wiring and reels he may need: https://ebay.us/3K0p2H

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2018, 10:53:32 AM »
.....Oh I meant the optic thingy that's right under the coin acceptor. I figure it'll register a credit as long as the coin goes through there......

ok, you mean the coin optics boards.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2018, 10:55:44 AM »
...I posted link of s+ shelf, wiring and reels he may need: https://ebay.us/3K0p2H

That's everything - reels, shelf and wiring.  nice.

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• BallyWilliams
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2018, 11:00:42 AM »
...I posted link of s+ shelf, wiring and reels he may need: https://ebay.us/3K0p2H

Just a shame he doesn't ship here, hehe.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2018, 11:01:57 AM »
Those are nice strips for a good game too!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2018, 11:02:09 AM »
.....Just a shame he doesn't ship here, hehe.

You can contact that seller and ask, he might be willing to. Never hurts to ask.

Or arrange for a friend in USA to buy them, then ship to you.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2018, 11:06:00 AM »

Just a shame he doesn't ship here, hehe.

Bummer, didn't see that "excludes" in front of all those countries.

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• BallyWilliams
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2018, 11:12:54 AM »

Ok, eBay won't even let me message him, lol.
Guess I'll I have to wait and see what turns up

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »
After looking at that shelf again I believe it is an s or very early s+ shelf, made for narrow cabinet without a bill validator.

Looking at your pics again that is an s2000 shelf you have now. Very strange.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2018, 11:31:19 AM »
Here is pic of wide shelf:

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• BallyWilliams
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2018, 11:36:27 AM »
Here is pic of wide shelf:

Thanks. Looks like what I would need.
An unrelated question, my top meter shows 589229. Are those total credits played?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2018, 12:06:44 PM »
The S+ has several meters that it operates, like coin-in, coin out, jackpots, etc. So it depends on what where the meter is connected.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal