New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha S9000 Wild 7's  (Read 929 times)

Offline tom1976

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • tom1976 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Alpha S9000 Wild 7's
« on: February 04, 2020, 11:19:44 PM »
Hey fellas, I have a bally alpha s9000 that has a monitor problem, it started 2 days ago when we had a power outage in our area for about 10 seconds. when power came back on, the machine booted up normally except for the black and white screen. I had it plugged into a surge protector and it stays on 24-7. I've had a problem similar to this once before so I plugged the mpu to a pc screen and it showed the game screen, so I went and plugged it back into the bally alpha monitor and the dang thang worked. So has anyone had a problem like this or know whats going on with it. Could it be a bad lcd screen or loose connection somewhere. the green led light is blinking behind the monitor. I've included a picture of what its doing. Thanks gentlemen for any info on this finicky thing.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bally Alpha S9000 Wild 7's
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 10:58:29 AM »
So is it still happening or not?  If it happens after power up and then the machine has had a chance to "warm up" it is most likely caps in the A/D board inside the monitor that is causing the issue.  Recapping the A/D board on the monitor might fix it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline tom1976

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 11:10:23 AM »
Thanks, for responding, Rick. Yes, that's when it does it. the A/D board is that the little board that has the dvi-vga  connections on it or is it directly behind the LCD monitor. I'm pretty good with soldering iron and work on electronics and computers on occasion. Thanks again.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 11:17:13 AM »
Yes, that would be the A/D board, where the VGA/DVI plugs are at.  I usually replace all the caps whenever the monitor acts funky like that.  You could also have a power supply issue, check the 5/12v power supply and look for bulging caps (although you would usually have other issues along with that if it was the main cabinet power supply, but it never hurts to check).
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline tom1976

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 11:29:12 AM »
Thanks, rick. i'm a look at her today. Thanks a bunch for the info. Tom

Offline tom1976

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 08:28:37 PM »
Well, looks like i'll be hooking up a monitor to the mpu video outlet tomorrow, to see if I have a graphics on it.  I replaced a blowed cap on the a/d board and its still doing the same thing. Thanks for the  help or advise.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 06:36:13 AM »
You should replace all of them. If you had a bulging one, chances are others are bad as well.

Offline tom1976

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 10:15:15 PM »
hi rick. thanks. have replaced all the caps now and no joy. i'm about to start trouble-shooting some of the components. do not really see anything burnt. at least I know now that the video out is good at the motherboard (mpu). I also checked the video out at the top of the machine where it plugs into the A/D board at the monitor. so I know for a fact its in the A/D board like you said or either behind the monitor. I believe its a wells gardner 15" lcd. i'm gonna try to post a picture of it. thanks fella for the help so far.

Offline tom1976

• NLG
Re: Bally Alpha S9000 Wild 7's Monitor help
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 10:18:26 PM »
Does anyone know if one of those 15" point of sale monitors with touch screen like they use on cash registers work on a bally alpha s9000 with the small 15" monitor on top. I bought one off ebay really cheap and trying to get to get it going on my wild 7s machine, the monitor only shows the graphics for about a minute and also it shows touch screen error message before it shuts down. the p.o.s. monitor fits perfect in there but I think I might have wasted a few dollars. hope someone might have a few ideas. the p.o.s. monitor has vga input, dvi input, usb touch screen input and 9 pin serial touch screen input. thanks gentlemen for any help.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 09:38:05 PM »
The touchscreen needs to be the one that bally uses for their monitors, which is a capacitative screen with a3M Microtouch controller with serial interface with the correct firmware.  Anything else will not work because there's no driver for it in the OS that bally provides.

Offline tom1976

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2020, 10:51:46 PM »
hi rick, my touch screen is still good, haven't got into it yet. is it possible to use the touch screen on top of the other monitor that I bought? the monitor fits perfect its just a matter of the touch screen that i'm getting the touch screen com error on. Thanks a bunch for the info.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2020, 09:07:03 PM »
You would have to move the touchscreen and the controller and associated harnesses.  Usually on the bally monitors, the touchscreen controller is powered by a wire that is attached to the power on the AD board (at least it is that way on the 20 inch monitors, I've never toyed around with the older 15 inch ones).  Inside the 15" monitor that doesn't work, you should be able to see where the touchscreen controller is and how it is powered up so you can power it from another source.  I believe it uses 5v to power the controller, but you should meter it just to make sure.

Offline tom1976

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 09:37:20 PM »
Big Thanks, Rick. really appreciate the heads up. I was wondering about how I would power up the touch screen, because like you said there is like a tiny orange wire and white wire coming off the touch screen controller. I don't know if I'll try it or not. will have to see if I can find 5 volts somewhere on the other monitor. I guess I could run a mile of wire down through the machine and get 5 volts. i'm so up in the air on this thing right now. i'm probably gonna try to look around and see if I can just find the whole bally 15" monitor. Thanks a million for the help.

Offline tom1976

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2020, 10:25:50 PM »
got it going a few weeks ago, too lazy to post update. anyways wound up using the p.o.s. (point of sale) lcd monitor, a little mounting modifying, and  using my bally touch screen on top of the lcd screen. works perfect. total cost 27.00 Thanks for all the help.  :thank_you:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal