New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Just want to say Hi and ask a few questions - Game King  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Keats

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Keats New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Just want to say Hi and ask a few questions - Game King
« on: February 14, 2020, 11:55:52 AM »
14 Feb 2020Hello to everyone. This is my first posting. :-)
We just bought an IGT video poker machine last Sunday and it's loaded with games. Poker, 21, Slots, Keno. Lots of varieties of each..Model # 96461900. Mfg. 1/06. I think it's a 19" with a rounded top.
Any info you may have would be appreciated. Where can I find a manual and  / or  parts manual. ?
Also looking for the door lock for this model. Not sure exactly which one I need.
I'll try to post a photo.
Thanks,
Keats   
Peoria, Az :Scratch-Head:

« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 10:26:00 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Just want to say Hi and ask a few questions.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 10:43:16 AM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

You bought a Game King. Post a photo for us to see.
Locks are available either on Ebay, or better - check our sponsor list on the home page, such as Jim at Midwest Slots, KLAR, or SLOT RUSH. They're know what you need. Tell them you saw it on NLG.
By becoming a contributing member, you have access to the NLG file system which will give you access to documents and manuals.
BUT first go here and just poke around. There's gluts of information here on the site.  :yes:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=68.0
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Keats

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 09:38:41 AM »
Sunday A.M.Thank You for the Welcome.
I tried to attach a photo but the file was too big. Gotta reduce it a bit I suppose.
I'll check out the link that you sent.

I've actually got two machines. The oldest is a 1983 IGT upright. It is limited to just a single video poker game. I replaced the battery a couple weeks ago and got it to run but it's still not perfect. Sometimes the display is reversed (the writing is back words) and the cards show up looking like garbage. Then sometimes it works like new. Gotta play with it a bit and perhaps I'll figure out what is wrong.

The Game King is a 2006. It works like new. Has a ton of games in it and we really like it. That's the one I would like to be able to lock the door on. I also saw offers for different games available and they look like thumb drives. Not sure exact how to do this. I sure don't want the screw anything up. I can't see a USB port anywhere. Maybe it's behind the MPU. ?
If I can figure it out, I'd like to add in Lucky Larry  - Lobstermania. I don't know how much drive space is required for that game and if I had to, I'd delete one of the slot games that we really don't use that much. We'll see..
I'll try to post a photo as soon as I can.
Thanks again,
Keats
Peoria, Az. :thank_you:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 10:18:10 AM »
You have a flashboard piggybacked on your MPU board. There should be a sticker on it that says the game version but you can go into settings and see, long as the game wasn't over-written before. Whatever version you have dictates what games are available on your machine. There are more than you have displayed.
There are two ways to check. First in the settings menu. Second, by pulling out the MPU and looking but you have to be careful as these are very static sensitive.
HOLD OFF until the other members chime in to guide you through this because I don't want you to screw up your machine!

As for your IGT poker game, you probably have a Fortune 2 or 1 perhaps. Let's keep that separate from this thread on the Game King.
When you are ready to get to that machine, start a new thread in IGT Fortune 1 or 2, post a photo of the machine. I'll move it, if it's in the wrong area. :)
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Just want to say Hi and ask a few questions - Game King
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 05:15:43 PM »
It sounds like your newer Game King is an AVP (Advanced Video Platform).  If you can post a picture of the inside we can tell for sure.  You'll have to resize them to get under 1MB which is the posting limit. 

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 08:19:45 PM »
I tried to attach a photo but the file was too big. Gotta reduce it a bit I suppose.
Try emailing an attached photo to yourself.  Most mailers will automatically offer to compress photos before mailing.  I just "save as" before sending and change the name to reflect that it's smaller before posting.

Offline Keats

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 11:25:58 AM »
Trying to up load some pics..
Keats
Peoria, Az.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 04:26:07 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Keats

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 11:32:36 AM »
Monday 17 Feb 2020   A.M.
O.K.    I got 4 photos to load however they showed up sideways. Still can't figure out why this is happening. If you can turn them, they will show the machine that we just bought.

Will try to add additional photos now.

Offline Keats

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 11:43:33 AM »
167 Feb 2020
So I finally got the photos to load. Busy morning. I don't know why they loaded sideways. If you click on the photo identifier (in green small print) you can open the photo and then you will be able to rotate it to see what it should look like.

I tried to capture all of the internal parts including the labels on the various components. If there is additional info that may help identify this machine, please let me know and I'll try to get another picture to show it.

Still interested in a service manual and a parts manual.

We're thinking of attaching a cup holder to the right side of the machine for beverages. No room on the stand that I have to hold a bottle or a can. I saw some very nice heavy duty boat cup holders on line. They attach with two screws or nuts and bolts and should work very well. Any one else have a similar issue ? Suggestions?  This machine is in my home bar and having a place to put a beverage while playing would sure be nice.

KeatsPeoria, Az. :wave:

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 11:56:46 AM »
you have a igt game king 044 based game.  with the power off, if you pull out the board with the handle(pic IMG_0099.JPG) the should be a board mounted to the main board(mpu)  the should be a sticker on the smaller board saying what version it is.  if there is no sticker on it, with the power turned on, push the little white between the serial port adn the led lights(pic IMG_0098.JPG), on the screen touch the accounting button, then on the sub menu that pops up the should be one that says something about program version(sorry dont have my o44 installed atm cant remember).   report back with that information and we can give more info about what you have

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 01:10:31 PM »
You can get some really sticky 3M adhesive paper at a hardware store.
They use them to temporarily stick up laser levels on painted walls...no holes!
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 04:29:46 PM »
Your pictures have metadata showing the original orientation. You need to remove that or upright pictures. There are numerous super simple photo editors that will clear that out. I flipped your first 4 photos. That's plenty of pictures. No need to post more unless a member needs to see something else.
Nearly every computer has a stock photo viewer that also reduces image size, or you can change your cameras photo size to medium. The problem with that is then the pictures are sometimes too small.

Offline slcjeeper

• Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 04:50:11 PM »
A super simple and easy way to reduce the image size in bytes is to simply take a screen shot with your phone and then crop and edit the orientation. Windows has a snipping tool that also works on a computer.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 04:51:15 PM »
Yep, it's an 19" GK in a "panda" cabinet with a 044 MPU.  When I read one of your earlier posts I thought maybe you had software on a USB thumbdrive, but I misread it. 

You can't add and new games to your machine.  You may be able to enable some that aren't enabled using a keychip (Key 28) or better yet get a GKDEV39 bootchip and you can speed up the boot time and have a keychip built in.  To change to a different game theme you'd need to change the flash memory card that sits on top of the MPU board. 

If you follow wizeone's directions you can get the current program version information (GK00XXXX), from that we can tell you exactly what you have installed now. 

Offline Keats

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2020, 10:16:55 AM »
Tuesday A.M.
Wow !  Great information. Thank you to all that replied. I'm going to try to see what is on the Game King. My main concern was to not screw anything up.
So from what I read, the games that are in the machine are not able to be changed.
I was hoping that maybe I could add in a different game and if necessary make room for the new game by deleting an existing game.
Oh well.When I bought this last week, the lady I purchased it from had bought it from a retail slot / video poker machine store in Mesa Arizona a few years back. She traded in an older machine for this one. It's set up to add credits to use if you go to Jokers Wild Poker and play it for a penny and catch 4 of a kind. That adds about 50K in credits that can be played on any of the games in any amount and denomination, up to that specific game's bet limit. It requires that you turn the key toward the back and hold it there for 2 seconds after getting the 4 of a kind.
The bill acceptor does work, but this way there is no need to keep inserting $$ to get the credits up. We like that.
So I'll see what info I can gather from the machine and what additional information is available. I'll post as I learn more.
For now, I'll just have to be careful with it and see what I can see...Thanks for all the great replies.
KeatsAz.

Offline off-track

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 08:27:36 PM »
So from what I read, the games that are in the machine are not able to be changed.
Not exactly.  You can change the flashboard with another that has a specific game/set or...

I was hoping that maybe I could add in a different game and if necessary make room for the new game by deleting an existing game.
The multi-game machines have different game sets.  Unfortunately not all are available at one time (9 max per game type) you don't add or delete but, simply select which game is available and shown to the player on the menu of game choices.
From the reference to Wolf Run it sounds like you may have the desirable Super Star Poker flashboard which has 100 games available?  Until you answer the previous question about determining the game version there is no way to know for sure.   

Offline Keats

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 11:41:42 AM »
you have a igt game king 044 based game.  with the power off, if you pull out the board with the handle(pic IMG_0099.JPG) the should be a board mounted to the main board(mpu)  the should be a sticker on the smaller board saying what version it is.  if there is no sticker on it, with the power turned on, push the little white between the serial port adn the led lights(pic IMG_0098.JPG), on the screen touch the accounting button, then on the sub menu that pops up the should be one that says something about program version(sorry dont have my o44 installed atm cant remember).   report back with that information and we can give more info about what you have
O.K., I see the small white button. So before I make a costly mistake, if the smaller board does not have a version sticker on it, I turn the machine on and then push the small white button. There should be a display on the screen and in that display there should be something that reads accounting. There should be a sub menu that will pop up when the accounting button is touched on screen. The sub menu should have information about the version of the game board I have. Is it necessary to function the key at any time during this procedure? I recall my old video poker Fortune II showing all kinds of info, but only when I moved the key time and again.
I'm sure this sounds silly to anyone that has done this before but this is all new to me and I do not want to cause any problems...
I was under the impression that a game could be added using a thumb drive via a USB port. Apparently I was wrong. :-(

Thanks for the tips.

KeatsPeoria, Az.  :thank_you:

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2020, 11:43:47 AM »
you do not need keychip or reset key to go through the menus

Offline Keats

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2020, 12:11:01 PM »
Thank you very much.
I'm learning a ton of stuff here.
Everyone is helping and I really appreciate it.

When I do the version check, I'll post what I find...
Thanks again.KeatsPeoria Az. :thank_you:

Offline off-track

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2020, 09:36:13 PM »
O.K., I see the small white button. So before I make a costly mistake, if the smaller board does not have a version sticker on it, I turn the machine on and then push the small white button.
Had to go look at my GK since it's been a while and I'm currently looking to change it to the game set I think you have..
Do you have the attendant/jackpot key?  It's a two sided (generic) key that fits the upper lock just behind the name plate below the speakers on the right side.  If so, after powered up, with no credits bet, turn the key once and it will go to the attendant menu.  Touch the top left selection of "accounting", then "more" and finally "program version accounting".  You will then see a blank screen titled program version accounting.  It takes a while but, after 20-30 seconds the screen will update with information presented in white and green bars.  The top most will be Game Version.  That is shown as a GK000XXXX number.  That is what's needed.  You can just exit out of the attendant menu back to normal game play.   

If you don't have the reset key the procedure is the same by pressing the white button on the MPU tray with the door open but that puts you into the "operator menu" which has some additional functions.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 06:34:52 PM by off-track »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal