New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha 2 Pro Curve. Trim Lights Flashing  (Read 826 times)

Offline Irish2020

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Irish2020 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Alpha 2 Pro Curve. Trim Lights Flashing
« on: February 28, 2020, 04:17:05 PM »
I added the video topper today and after hooking it up, all the trim lights (topper and machine) keep flashing.  It cycles through all the colors and then starts over.  Any idea how to fix this?  I may have plugged it into the wrong port as their were a couple extra ports on the LC board.  I also saw dip switches on the board as well.  Do I need to change any of them since I went from the candle to a video topper?

I am stuck....  :(

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bally Alpha 2 Pro Curve. Trim Lights Flashing
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 05:46:40 PM »
Your LCU board's firmware is not compatible with the device you added.  That is what happens.  If you unplug the video topper, does it behave normally?  What type of video topper did you get?  One of the newer 22" crown toppers, or the older types 15 or 18 inch with just the leds on each side of the screen?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Irish2020

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 08:47:13 AM »
Hey Rick, Thanks for the reply.  It is the older style 18" with the side lights.  I have it plugged into the top port of the LCU card on the left wall.  I even tried the bottom and left side ports and got the same result.  If I unplug them the machine goes back to normal.  The strange thing is even when the lights are flashing the machine still operates normal and the games play fine.  I would think it would give me an error since it is not functioning correctly.

Do you still think it is the wrong LCU board with me using the older topper?  Is there a way to see which board I have? 

Thanks for your help.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 02:34:46 PM »
Yes, it's the LCU board.  What firmware is in your board?  You can post a photo of your LCU board or just look for the number that ends in A0x.  You can also do a diagnostic test under game diagnostic and test out your "side treatments" it will display the lcu firmware number on the top left.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Irish2020

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 03:49:40 PM »
Here is The pic.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 04:09:31 PM »
Picture is thumbnail size. You need to change the settings for the size. Remove metadata if the picture shows up sideways, or just take the shot in the upright position.

Here's a flipped version.  :yes:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 09:58:03 AM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 04:56:54 PM »
I believe you need at least A03, you have a really early version A00.  But if you are buying, I would try and find A07 or later so if you upgrade to led speakers or the crown video topper, you would be all set.

Offline Irish2020

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 08:35:13 AM »
Thanks for the info Rick.  If anyone has the 07 Board for sale please let me know.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal