New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My 2nd IGT Poker and , it needs help  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: My 2nd IGT Poker and , it needs help
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2020, 10:25:14 AM »
Tilt. Sounds like you need to get him on the phone and go through the setup together.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2020, 10:31:16 AM »
Tilt. Sounds like you need to get him on the phone and go through the setup together.
Then nobody else who may be following this learns anything.  I made a youtube video for him I'm going to post shortly.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2020, 10:58:42 AM »
Hiram I don't do this very often, but I made a youtube video for you to check your optics.  I'm assuming that the coin-in jam is present on both the 3802 and 3902 boards.

<a href="http://youtu.be/zOpEU46fSXI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/zOpEU46fSXI</a>

Offline Hiram

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Hiram New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2020, 11:49:18 AM »
If you scroll back to my Post #21 , right after I got the 3802 boards back from Badbaud , the coin in jam went away after I removed the cash box and the game started working. I was able to play , the game registered each quarter I dropped in as a penny (since that was what it was set for) but all the games played fine.

Then I lost the touchscreen and it locked up when I tried using the menu later on (when I tried to get the program info) and once I changed the Monitor , the coin jam message with the 3802 was still gone and touchscreen worked again and the game worked great (without the bill Val and cashbox) ..that was post #36.
 The coin jam came back again once I took out the 3802 and slid the 3902 tray in, Here's an old picture of the 3802 board working ---

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 12:08:20 PM by Hiram »

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2020, 12:01:51 PM »
Hiram I don't do this very often, but I made a youtube video for you to check your optics.  I'm assuming that the coin-in jam is present on both the 3802 and 3902 boards.

http://youtu.be/zOpEU46fSXI

Great video Tilt. Very informative.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2020, 12:05:42 PM »
Thanks for the Video ...I learned a lot about the game I will check that and even though it has been accepting coins , I never removed the coin comparator to look down the slot for dust. I did check all the connectors you pointed out so , they're ok

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2020, 12:44:05 PM »
Thanks for the Video ...I learned a lot about the game I will check that and even though it has been accepting coins , I never removed the coin comparator to look down the slot for dust. I did check all the connectors you pointed out so , they're ok

If you want to remove the coin optics for cleaning, you will find it easier to remove the whole metal comparitor   Mounting bracket to get at the rear screws hold the coin optics.
And remember...

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2020, 01:41:55 PM »
If you scroll back to my Post #21 , right after I got the 3802 boards back from Badbaud , the coin in jam went away after I removed the cash box and the game started working. I was able to play , the game registered each quarter I dropped in as a penny (since that was what it was set for) but all the games played fine.

Then I lost the touchscreen and it locked up when I tried using the menu later on (when I tried to get the program info) and once I changed the Monitor , the coin jam message with the 3802 was still gone and touchscreen worked again and the game worked great (without the bill Val and cashbox) ..that was post #36.
 The coin jam came back again once I took out the 3802 and slid the 3902 tray in, Here's an old picture of the 3802 board working ---
I got all that, but you've done so much random stuff I'm trying to figure out where you're at now.  Last nite you said you put the 3802 board back in and had problems with it but didn't say what.  So are you getting coin-in jam with both MPU boards now?  Sometimes you can have intermittent problems, something loose, dirty, a chafed wire, etc may work one minute and fail the next. Removing a cash can has absolutely nothing to do with the coin-in jam error, but opening or closing a door, vibration from doing it etc could cause a wire or connector to make or not make contact or a chafed wire to come in contact metal etc.  So the fact that it worked for awhile with the 3802 board really doesn't mean anything at all at this point if it has a coin-in jam error now too.  If the 3802 works fine, then there's a possibility the problem is with your 3902 board.  That's why I'm asking.  Please answer my question or I'll go find something better to do.

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2020, 02:00:18 PM »
_ When I put the old 3802 board back it immediately said Ram or Eprom problem and would not go further- it did not say coin jam ..so , I closed it and removed the old 3802 and put the 3902 back in and stopped . Thanks Tilt & Amechanic ...I already popped out the comparator and couldn't see anything wrong ...I checked the coin slot and cleaned it out  ...didn't even see any dust but still pulled a paper towel strip through to make sure and then looked to see none of the paper was ripped off in there . I followed all the wires that flex when the door opens , I looked for any evidence of a wire being crimped or bent , nothing ...I double checked all the connectors you showed incl all the I/O plugs and every one I could reach to make sure they were all seated ..all wires and connectors look good , no visible damage. Then I looked at the menu as you explained ...I posted pictures of the pages. I also found that one page some of the 0's and 1's keep flipping...I'll post a short video of that next so you can see it ..just in case that could be a clue . As AMechanic said ...I will change the values  but before I do the keychip dance again , I want to make a list of what you gents tell me to set values at .. ...and I agree , that "Cash Payout" being disabled worries me but I don't know how to reset that ..even when I'm in the keychip prog menu
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 02:38:36 PM by Hiram »

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2020, 02:01:08 PM »
Are the flipping numbers a problem ? -- https://youtu.be/TYd5xfwC-Qg

also ...after I pulled the coin unit and scrolled through the menu , I closed the door as you said, just  in case the issue would reset itself ...but , it didn't ..it's still giving the same message

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2020, 02:42:22 PM »
Ok then, so you don't know if the 3802 board has a coin in jam error message then or not.  You really need to put that board in and see. When you swap from one MPU board to another it's normal to get some error messages. Just like you did when you put the 3902 board in.  Simply turn the jackpot reset key and follow the on screen directions for each error.

The flipping numbers are normal and they don't have a thing to do with the coin-in jam error message.  Forget about them and other screens, they don't have anything to do with it either.

What does matter is the Coin-in 1 (A) and Coin-in 2 (B) values like I pointed out in the video.  They should be 1's, you're are 0's.  That means the MPU board doesn't see either one of the optics.  There's not a whole lot of things that would cause that.  Either something blocking the light between the optical emitters and receivers, you said that's clear so we'll eliminate that.  Next thing would be wiring/connectors going from the optics to the I/O board.  You said you checked those and they're good, so we'll eliminate that too for now (do inspect the wires good to make sure one isn't chafed somewhere and possible shorting out the frame somewhere).   That leaves the optics board, I/O board, motherboard, or MPU board suspect.  You don't have a spare optics board, I/O board or motherboard, so the only thing you can do is swap the MPU board.  If the 3802 works then that means the the things you don't have spares for are good.  If it doesn't then one of them is bad. 

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2020, 03:05:56 PM »
I understand ....So I will put the 3802 board  back in. 

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2020, 05:42:42 PM »
I slid the 3802 Board back  in and powered up ..The EEprom message came up , I turned the key and the full screen "GAME ID MISMATCH ERROR" message came up ..I turned the key again and got a black screen ...nothing worked , the side key , white reset button , nothing ...so , I turned it off and back on , went through it all again exactly the same but then after the "Game ID Mismatch" message, it told me to hold the white reset button for 2 to 3 seconds ..then it said initializing then switched to the full game screen with the "Coin In Jam" message ...I pushed the white reset and got a menu screen . When I exit the menu ..the coin Jam comes up but it also says " must set denomination to non blank value"  ....that's a different  message than my 3902 board gives

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2020, 07:23:58 PM »

Ok, that's normal except for the black screen.  Sounds like it locked up for some reason and cleared when you power cycled it.  That's pretty unusual.  I think you're learning the general process though.  Turn the reset key (sometimes more than once) follow any directions (press and hold) and repeat if another error message follows.

If you noticed your screen position shifted.  That's what I was talking about in an earlier post when switching back and forth between a 3802 and 3902 board.  From the game mismatch error screen I got the numbers I asked you for a couple of times too.  You have Game King 4.0 multi-denomination software installed on the 3802 board.  GK 4.X was the last all EPROM version that could be ran on a 3802 board.  G.5.X uses EPROM and SIMM cards and requires a 3902 board.  The 3902 is backwards compatible with 3802 software so you could run that software on your 3902 board if you wanted to.  Your GK4.0 software does not make use of the keyswitch on the front of the MPU,  it uses a keychip (Key 17).  You can key it with your Key 40, but only if you clear the RAM and EEPROM too (answer yes to all three menu questions).  I call it the nuclear option as it wipes out all your game settings.  That's not real convenient if you just want to key it to change a single setting, so if you intend on using that software too you'll want to get a Key 17.

The message about setting the denomination is normal after clearing RAM/EEPROM.  It will clear when you set the denomination.  Options verification required is just an informational message.  You'll see that when the game has been cleared.  Usually it will be by itself and have an OK box that you touch and it goes away.  You don't have that because of the other error messages.

Ok, so that leaves us with the Coin-in Jam error and from the diagnostics screen you can see both Coin in A and Coin in B values are 0's and they should be 1's.  Since both MPUs show that it's pretty unlikely both of them are bad.  That leaves the optics, the wiring, or the I/O board as the likely causes.  Of the three I've never seen optics go bad before, wiring is unlikely if you inspected it real well, so that leaves the I/O board as the most probable cause.  There's another test you can do to further narrow it down, but it will require making a couple of jumper wires and installing them in a connector which will bypass the coin optics.  Is that something you're comfortable doing?  If so, I'll either make another video or post some pictures showing what needs to be done.

The only thing I cant answer right now is how you had it working at one time and now it doesn't.  The only thing I can think of that hasn't been looked at is possibly a thermal intermittent problem with the I/O card.  Try leaving the machine on for awhile and see if the error clears after the machine warms up.

In the meantime you could look into the bill validator a little bit more.  There's 4 connectors that come off the connector in the back of the housing.  One of them is the power (red/black wires), the other is the netplex (communications wiring), a black/white that is the LEDs on the bill entry bezel, and the last one isn't used.  Make sure all of those are connected.  If you have a multimeter you can check the red/black wires for voltage.  Should be 13 VDC on it.

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2020, 12:38:20 AM »
The problem is sort of solved now ..and by accident ..all thanks to this strip of paper I forgot to remove while testing and moving things around tonight !!!!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2020, 12:52:01 AM »
See paragraph #3 in the post above.

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2020, 01:27:48 AM »
Tilt , thank you for the Video ...it's a lot harder to describe by typing --  Phone Calls and Video are always the next best thing to hands on and your Video worked.  I spoke with Darryl last night and he told me to try using the Key Chip again and disable the Coin , Bill and Hopper on the 3902 board and see if the coin jam came up --- It did NOT come up. So I used the Key again and enabled only the Coin Comparitor and the coin jam showed up again ---so I pushed the white reset and got that page you showed that has the 0's & 1's and shows my Coin Comparator at 0 ---I tried moving wires while watching to see if the number changed to "1" , I even pulled out the comparator while it was still plugged in , checked all the connections again (while watching the numbers) ...then I ripped a strip of paper and stuck that down the coin slot to see if that would do anything ..it did nothing but , I forgot to take it back out while I checked all the plugs to the I/O ...then , I shut the machine and turned it back on.  Whenever I do that , there's always some click-clunk sound from inside the door and I figured it was the coin unit and not a big deal --This time the game TRIED to do the click-clunk but the paper I forgot in there stopped it and I saw the paper move -- THAT did something because the next message was telling me to recheck settings and had a big yellow "OK" box , the coin jam was gone !! I hit OK and , the game popped up and it played !!! ----so , I shut it off, did the Key trick again , put the 3902 back in and slid that paper strip back in the coin slot , took my time enabling the Coin , the Hopper , set the 25cents and picked a few games, raised all the limits as AMechanic mentioned .. then left the program menu removed the paper strip and ...that's IT ..The Game now works , it's set for 25cents and the Hopper pays out -- all thanks to a strip of paper that I forgot to remove !! I don't know what moves in  that unit or , if I have to replace that comparator or what to do now but ..that's where the issue was . Now all I have left to fix is the Bill Validator and maybe figure out if I can remove one chip and add a different chip that offers me more blackjack and reel slots because right now there are no reel games and only one Blackjack -- Your focus on the Coin unit was a huge help and thank you for not writing me off and walking away....something I was honestly thinking of doing myself after that. Darryl told me that he has another customer right now dealing with the same problem so ...hopefully this long thread will help someone in the future.  It was worth it and hopefully the game will last for a few years now .  ...the Bill Validator is next but I think that will be easy to deal with . Thanks a million

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2020, 07:07:26 AM »
I'm glad to hear it's working, at least for now.  I'm still not convinced that you don't have a thermal intermittent problem with your I/O card.   Time will tell.  If you turn the machine on and the error is back you'll know.   Don't do anything if it is, just let it sit there and see if it goes away by itself after the machine has some time to warm up. 

Disabling the coin comparitor in the game software cures the symptom, but doesn't fix the problem.  When it's disabled the game software simply ignores the coin in status.  I was going to suggest that as a temp fix, but it wouldn't help you because you have no way of putting credits on the machine then since your bill validator doesn't work either.

The click clunk noise you hear is the coin diverter solenoid energizing.  It's located on the coin comparitor mounting bracket.  It's purpose is to divert coins to a chute that goes into the slot machine stand when the hopper gets full.  They sometimes chatter, hum, and make themselves a nuisance for home users, so many (including me) simply just disconnect it.  There's a two wire connector that goes to it.  Just separate it and no more diverter solenoid noises.

Once you get all the hardware problems resolved you can look into different game software.  You probably won't find one set that has everything you want to play, so you may want to get another 3902 board with different software that you can swap out.  There are ways of doing it without all the errors and losing your settings.  That's a discussion for another time though.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal