New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809 underpaying  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Lee Pfeifer New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 809 underpaying
« on: March 12, 2020, 09:10:24 AM »
Bally 809

It’s under paying by one and sometimes two , on the first coin Column , if anyone has any info on that I would appreciate it
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 03:24:47 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
Re: Bally 809 underpaying
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 05:06:36 PM »
Here’s my Dilemma .... please help me if you can
Bally 809 not paying properly.

The first column is underpaying by one , the second column is underpaying by two , the third column is underpaying by three , the fourth column is underpaying by four .
Why is that ???

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 07:22:50 PM »
The machine is great but it underpays one coin if you play one coin, it underpays TWO coins if you play two coins , it underpays THREE coins if you play three coins & it underpays FOUR coins if you play four coins .
Please point me in the right direction.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 06:53:01 AM »
Here’s my video of my payout counter , as far as I can see this is preforming correctly .
My machine is underpaying, does anyone have any tips ?
https://youtu.be/lHYv9jwjvMs

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 08:57:54 AM »
I did scan through there , thank you . I’m still having the same problem, consistent underpays .

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 09:47:30 AM »
It is underpaying on all plays: one through five coins?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 11:39:21 AM »
the only item in the machine that determines the payout count is the item you showed in your u tube video.  your counter has to be adjusted at reset, from that point each pulse of the count up coil will move the fingers one position, so for example, a five coin payout, would be the first four finger moves would be on the field, the last pulse would put the fingers off the payout field and into a void. (area in between the foil count fields)this void is what actually stops the count,  so each time you reset it two things have to happen, 1, it resets to the same position each and every time, the zero stop switch should be open, 2, as soon as the first pulse is complete the  zero stop switch has to close immediately ,no delay, IMMEDIATELY!. 

YOU MAY HAVE TO REMOVE THAT COUNTER BAR IN ORDER TO SEE JUST WHERE THE RESET POSITION IS.  the method for making that adjustment is using the allen set screw and nut on top of the zero stop switch.  make sure the zero stop rubber material is not gummy or sticky, if it is beginning to break down this could also be your problem?

hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 02:30:54 PM »
since the 809 is a multiplier machine, the payout counter is electrically stepped.

your video shows the the wipers on the payout counter are behaving - at least for a 5 pay and you said a 10 pay also steps off the 10 trace at the 10th step.

there's still a possible mechanical issue, tho, and I'd check that first.  If the initial step of the unit is grabbing two teeth on the payout counter ratchet, the effect will be like the unit stepped twice.  May be worth backing off the zero step adjust a little to let the wipers move a little more clockwise at reset.  Do your checking again manually stepping to make sure the wipers step off the appropriate traces at the right count.

another sanity check is to make the circuit work electrically and see what's going on.  Since it's a pita to close the payout relay and you don't want the hopper running, easiest thing is jumper wire 30 to wire 15-2 (the red/white wire on the coin eject switches on the hopper.)  Every time you lift the coin eject roller with your finger, the payout counter should step assuming the odds disc is reset.  It'll step as appropriate for higher odds too, and so will the X[2-5] units.

That'll let you electrically step the unit and look at where the wipers are after whatever step you like.

if it's not that, it implies the payout counter is stepping up when it shouldn't, and you can verify after a short pay that the wipers are off the correct trace.

reset/coin the game and yank the hopper without spinning the reels.   If you push in the reset solenoid plunger, do the wipers move towards reset ... i.e. did the payout counter step once?

if no, play a game without winning and yank the hopper.  Payout counter stepped?

if yes for either, you'll need to track down where that step-up pulse came from.   

theory:
--------
the only place a payout counter step up pulse is supposed to come from is the two redundant switches on the hopper that close as a coin is ejected.  If one has such a small gap that the payout counter is stepping as soon as the payout relay powers due to arcing, that could be the problem.

if you have an intermittent connection in the circuit that cause the payout counter step-up to happen more than once - sometimes you'd see arcing - then you'd expect the short pay amount to be variable, not always 1.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 04:06:32 PM »
Wolf ,
Thank you for the response, here’s where I’m at with the payouts

https://youtu.be/KsIG9LOua9g
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 03:16:51 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 05:58:21 PM »
inconsistent payout would imply a poor connection.  Overpay is a missed step-up of the payout counter, underpay when the payout counter steps off the end of the trace is a dual step due to arcing (or possibly the mechanicals of the first step since the position of the gear teeth is determined by the zero stop, not the step-up and reset arm pawls).  Underpay when payout stops too soon is usually cruddy wiper/trace contact on payout counter.

you can shotgun check/clean all the switches in the circuit, or you can use a jumper to bypass things.  Which do you prefer?

if a jumper, you'll want one end on wire 30 ... know how to find a place that wire lives?

also, if you'd like to youtube a video of your hopper outside the cabinet or verify the following, that'd help:
1] the override solenoid and knife switch are there and working
2] the pinwheel is correct for the coin denomination
3] the roller arm is low enough that when a coin goes under, the switch blades travel a decent amount, you get good switch action and the switches are clean and gapped reasonably.

by "good switch action" I mean the moving blade keeps moving and shoves the other blade around 1/16" after the contacts touch.  That causes the contacts to swipe across each other ... good mechanical contact and kinda self-cleaning.  If the moving blade contact barely touches the other contact and there's no real overtravel, the switch won't be reliable.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 07:33:30 PM by wolftalk »

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 06:46:30 PM »
Wolf ,
You are a genius , you really make me think , and I appreciate you taking the time to help me .
I’ll make a video of the hopper out of the machine real quick .

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2020, 07:00:49 PM »
Here’s the video of the hopper out of the machine
https://youtu.be/ifPD8FNyVgQ

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 09:28:35 AM »
Try adjusting the spiral cam stop, as to let the cam move back slightly.
Thus allowing the contacts to ride back. This may solve the the under pay problem.

Make note of the adjustment position prior to adjusting. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 01:39:34 PM by DavidLee »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 12:58:39 PM »
it's a little hard to see the switch adjust, but you get the idea. 

the roller needs to pulse the switches closed with decent overtravel ... that looks ok.  The pinwheel looks ok too.  The knife should be knocking the coin closest to the roller off the pinwheel when the override solenoid loses power.  That's how they prevent the roller from being partially lifted at the end of payout or lifted too quickly at start of payout.

you don't want the switches closed a long time since coins shoot out pretty quickly.  You need the switches open long enough for the payout counter step up coil plunger to completely pull out of the coil.  If necessary, raise the roller arm so there's less switch movement or adjust the switches for less close time while still having the overtravel

when you have switch stacks with those fat metal blades in them, you want to bend the fat blades where the enter the stack to adjust the contact gaps.  They limit the travel of the blade below, which should snug up against the fat blade when the contacts aren't touching. 

it's not that finicky or it would be a maintenance nightmare.   I'd:

- make sure the blades below the fat ones are straight and snugged up against the fat ones when the switches are open
- the moving blades aren't curved and touching the fat ones
- you get your switch contact overtravel when the roller is on the top of the coin passing beneath it
- if you want bigger switch gaps, adjust the fat blade ... that will move the blade below it down at the same time

if you have a total out meter, does the amount it increments agree with the number of coins ejected?  You usually need the front door closed or the door switch held closed for the total out meter to work.

when you're happy that the switches are solid, if you're still getting flaky payout then you're probably going to need to use the jumper wire.

oh, one other thing you can try ... see if you have payout issues when the pinwheel is fully loaded with coins, but if every other coin is missing, it works ok.    Obviously you can only do that for small payouts or empty the hopper and stick in one coin at a time during payout ... hopefully you won't time out too quickly.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2020, 02:49:18 PM »
Wolf,
Please tell me about the jumper .

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2020, 03:47:35 PM »
you want to jumper yellow wire 30 to red/white wire 15-2 and stick the hopper back in. 

a convenient wire 30 will be on the hopper overflow switch (thing the arm/golf ball operate in the hopper bucket), and 15-2 is connected to all three of the roller switches.

with the jumper on, if you manually lift/release the roller (close the switches the roller operates), the payout counter should step.  Hold it up and the payout counter coil should stay powered and probably be buzzy.  Don't hold it up more than a few seconds, but you want to see if you keep the roller switches closed whether the step-up coil powers/unpowers erratically.  That would mean a bad connection between the switches and the coil, most likely one of the jackpot lockup relay switches since they don't change state much, so don't have switch action to scrub the contacts. 

you can also hold up the roller and jiggle the hopper to see if it's a plug connection issue.

you can leave the jumper on and play the game / make it payout however you like.  If the payout is solid, then the issue is "upstream" of the roller switches (payout relay switch, plug connections, and less likely reel mech switches). 

if your problem does seem to be downstream of the roller switches, you can jumper around the jackpot relay switches.  Move jumper or add another one from the orange/white wire 75 on the roller switches to the red/black wire 18-2 on the odds disc.  That'll remove the jackpot lockup switches from the circuit.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2020, 03:57:52 PM »
WolfTalk,
Thank you for taking the time to help me , I may have to use the jumper , but for now I’m getting accurate pays on single coin plays about 50% of the time .
I’ll report back , I’m running lots of coins through the machine right now & looking for problems .
Again ..... thank you

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2020, 04:31:19 PM »
if nothing else, manually operate the two jackpot lockup relays a few times with power off.  Assuming switch action is decent, that'll scrub the contacts.

below is probably your odds unit diagram.  Compare the wire colors/placement of your unit to the diagram.  I have other 809 odds unit diagrams, but easiest thing is post a picture of your unit showing wipers and lug wiring.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2020, 04:59:26 AM »
WolfTalk,
What is the jackpot lockup relay ?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2020, 01:00:20 PM »
the jackpot lockup relays are the two relays labelled 55 on the diagram below.

if anyone reading this manages the site, it would be nice to make the maximum image size for upload a lot bigger.  Then people could post pictures of the insides of the machines at a resolution high enough to read labels.  Storage and bandwidth should be non-issues for hosting costs.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal