New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need help with a Gen1 printer  (Read 600 times)

Offline ScottyK

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • ScottyK New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Need help with a Gen1 printer
« on: March 23, 2020, 12:08:11 PM »
Hello everyone; I hope you are all well under these current circumstances.

I'm in the process of doing a light restoration of a 19" GK that I recently acquired.  So far things are going well; I've replaced all of the old buttons to new led ones, put in new locks, a new ballast for a florescent in the upper box, and I have some new (and hopefully much more quiet!) fans on the way.

This slot didn't have a printer, and I recently got hold of a Gen1 for a cheap price.  What I'm having difficulty with, however, is finding the correct mounting bracket(s) and bezel for it.  I thought I was getting the correct items, but alas I was mistaken, and things don't fit properly.

Here's what I have so far (that doesn't appear to be correct):

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
Re: Need help with a Gen1 printer
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 12:31:06 PM »
The printer mounting bracket, while I can attach it to the printer, doesn't itself seem to connect to anything within the top cabinet.  The bezel mount, when attached to the printer, protrudes a good 1 1/4" in front of the cabinet, and also will interfere with the front door opening.  The bezel itself has the incorrect connector to the printer, and doesn't seem to be able to attach to the mount (so I'm certain this is the wrong bezel).

Here's what I'm thinking as possible replacements (see photos):
The mount here seems to be a bit more shallow, so it shouldn't protrude as much, although I'm still not certain.  The bezel itself seems to have the correct connector for the printer, and should be able to attached to the replacement mount.  What I'm still puzzled about, though, is the printer mount, as I haven't been able to locate anything that even remotely resembles what I might need.  I'm might be able to fashion something of my own, if need be, but if anyone has knowledge of the correct mount (I've included some photos of the inside of the top box), and can confirm or deny these replacement items as correct, I would be eternally grateful.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 04:49:15 PM »
I think there's 4 screws under the printer body that have to be moved rearward in order to fit?
Hard to tell from your photos but it looks like there's some plate in the topbox floor that needs to be removed as well?
I'd pull the award glass out as well as the front plate and get to the barebones first.

I'm not by a machine at the moment.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 06:06:19 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.
I have removed the glass; the photo that I used is actually an older one.
I, too, was thinking that the plate on the floor was ripe to be removed.  I'll do that tomorrow.
Also, I was able to get the printer in there, where it was flush up against the back of the topbox.  Still, with the current bezel bracket attached to the printer, it hangs out the 1 1/4".

I'll dig in a bit tomorrow and see what else I can find out.  Again, thanks so much for your response.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 07:22:08 PM »
The correct printer mounting bracket is PN 62639500. The bezel bracket is 62641600. A S2000 or 17" GK/I Game bracket will not work. The top box is deeper on a 17" than a 19". The bezel is 65224101. I have all 3 pcs if needed. The bezel bracket appears to be your problem.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 07:48:51 PM by RB »
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 08:41:29 PM »
Wow, that's tremendous!

PM sent.

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 12:54:54 PM »
OK quick update:
Many thanks to RB, who is setting me up with the correct bezel and bezel bracket.  We pretty much reached the conclusion that I'm going to have to "MacGiver" a printer bracket, though.  It shouldn't be too difficult, as there was some kind of a bracket in there already; it would just be a matter of drilling some holes in the bracket and putting some screws in it in order to bolt the printer down.
Also, thanks to Jim at BettorSlots, who sent me the correct cable to go from the BettorTITO.  It's set up and working now. :applause:
I have some new fans coming from Digikey on Thursday; I'm hoping they will quiet this beast down!
Also, waiting on the correct connector for a new touchscreen that will replace the current cracked one (interestingly enough, I was able to do most of the keychip settings.  Some settings I couldn't get to, as the whole upper right quadrant doesn't work).  We'll see.
Thanks to all who helped contribute to this! :hail: :cool_thumb_up: :thank_you:

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 04:22:52 PM »
Another update:

With a bit of time on my hands now under the current circumstances, I have been able to work on this some more.  I received the printer bezel and bezel mount from RB, which fit like a glove, although I did have to make some adjustments.  Based on his suggestion, I managed to drill 4 holes in the plate the was inside the top to now serve as a mount for the printer, so it's secured.  I needed to modify the top front plate some, although I had been planning on doing something with that all along.  It's kind of a dark brownish color and it looked worn; it seemed painted on the edges and appeared to have what looked like a long decal the same color on the front.  I thought I might put on a fresh coat of paint, so I set about taking the decal off, but shortly into it I discovered a lovely surface underneath that looked like chrome.  The decal didn't come off easily (tearing, coming off in layers, etc.), so I used a combination of Goo Gone (good), Goof Off (better), and Xylene (the nuclear option) to get the adhesive off the surface.  It took some time, but it was worth it, and I decided to keep the chrome look.  I needed to fill the sides around the printer bezel, as the existing hole was a bit too wide, so I used some scrap Plexiglass that I JBWeld'ed to the cover, used some styrene scraps and filled the gaps with modeler's putty, sanded, primed, and painted the edges flat black.  It very subtle and small, but now the light doesn't come through, and everything looks like it's supposed to.  I also installed the new fans that I got from Digikey, and what a huge improvement; now the hiss of the speakers is the loudest noise that can be heard.  I had previously installed all new locks and new buttons with LEDs.  The only things left to do is replace the touchscreen (which I have; I just need to get an adapter cable for it.  Hoping to have that sorted out soon), and I might want to see if I can do something about the worn area on the button deck, but I think it's coming along nicely.

Kudos to all who helped me with this; Jim @ BettorSlots for helping me with a cable and advise on how to install, RB for the printer bezel parts and his valuable advice and insight on mounting the printer, Rickhunter for his help and steering me to a printer cable from Slotrush, and anyone else who also had some input.  I couldn't have done it without you!  :thank_you: :applause: :hail:

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 07:35:24 PM »
 :cool_thumb_up:
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal