New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: CDS SLV1510 Info Needed  (Read 1628 times)

Offline SLKingsley

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SLKingsley New User has no influence.
  • NLG
CDS SLV1510 Info Needed
« on: April 06, 2020, 07:18:53 PM »
Hello, looking for CDS info please. I recently picked up a CDS SLV1510 Super Double Bonus Poker machine and I am looking for parts, manuals and wiring diagrams.
Also it shows a SYSTEM ERROR when it is powered up.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: CDS SLV1510 Info Needed
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 09:20:13 AM »
I have a box of CDS stuff in my storage room. I might have a manual. I'll check later this afternoon and get back to you.  :yes:

:NLG_WELCOME:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline SLKingsley

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 10:42:22 AM »
Thank you. Anything would be appreciated.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 09:01:25 AM »
 :me_too:Ok, I did some digging and my stuff is for a CDS UB1920: a manual and a few boards. There's also three hard drives and what looks like a printer housing. I have no clue what's compatible with your game.
One good place to start here is checking the voltage of the button battery on the MPU. If it's a CR2354, it should read 3v. Did the seller indicate that it worked before? Some basics to check are ALL connectors inside. Does it take coins? If so, check for any that may have been in the hopper and fell to the back of the machine while it was moved.
These games are notoriously "challenging" to work on and we don't get a lot of requests here for help.

Here's a quote from one of our beloved members Buzz:
Trust me, the best view of a CDS is down the barrel of a 12 gauge.   :wife: :wife: :banghead: :pull_hair: :pull_hair:

Hopefully another more knowledgable member will chime in. I'll put out the word with a few I know here and see if they can add their two cents worth. I'll first message the member who I got this box from!  :yes:
Please post a photo of your machine.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline SLKingsley

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 09:39:15 AM »
Thanks for the preliminary info shortrackskater! I will check the battery to see what it is producing. I have no history from the previous owner since it was a storage find. I picked it up really cheap so I figured it would be a fun project. If not, oh well... It'll be cool yard art. I'll gut it and put a mini fridge in it to set by the pool.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 10:07:53 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 10:28:16 AM »
I had an upright UV1510 CDS video poker machine.  Gave it to my father in law years ago when his health was failing.  Until now I'd never seen a slant top model.  I imagine other than the cabinet they're pretty similar.  I never was able to find a manual for mine so I wrote one myself with what I figured out.  It's specific to the game theme (Million Coin Poker), but some of it will probably pertain to yours as well.  I attached it so you can download it.

The game needs to be initialized, probably because the battery is dead.  It's located on the mpu board (it's the one with the LEDs on it) and is a CR2354 as shortrackskater thought.  Check and replace it if needed and then reinitialize it.  On page 11 step 4 of the attached manual describes that process.  Hopefully that's all it needs.

Offline SLKingsley

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 10:35:02 AM »
Thanks alot Tilt. I'll check it out. I really appreciate all of the input.

Offline SLKingsley

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 08:50:01 AM »
Okay guys, you gave me some great info and it got me in. Unfortunately, once I got in I couldn't initialize because it shows an error code when you start the initialization. Does anyone have an error code list or know what the code means?
Thanks again.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 10:05:02 AM »
Have you tried to initialize it again?

My manual, under code 88 says: "While determining the game results, the system detected that the machine was configured with an invalid schedule"

Offline SLKingsley

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 10:17:29 AM »
Yes, I did try multiple times. I actually powered down in between as well. It keeps coming up with that error code.

Thanks!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2020, 02:13:01 PM »
Does your machine have a hard drive in it? It should look just like one from a desktop computer.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2020, 03:04:31 PM »
Can you post some pictures of your MPU board?  I think you have newer firmware than mine does, but one thing I noticed is the checksum for U22 and U23 shows "FFFF".  Was the battery dead?  Did you press and Hold 1 and Hold 3 at the same time to initialize it?  And if so, does it just loop back around to the same error?

Offline SLKingsley

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2020, 03:17:06 PM »
It does not have a hard-drive it only has RAM.

Yes the battery was completely depleted and I have a replacement installed now.

I am currently disassembling to clean. It is pretty nasty in there... I will get a couple pics as I clean and put it back together. I also did find some quarters back behind the main board between the board and the mounting frame.
One thing that I noticed was that the "Hold 1" button didn't do anything when I pushed it. It was lit up but pushing it did nothing. I even pulled the connectors and did a manual short and nothing. Therefore I cannot perform the initialization since it requires the "Hold 1" button along with the "Hold 3" button. This is what lead me to start disassembly and cleaning.
 :thank_you:

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2020, 03:52:54 PM »
Ok, well hopefully when you get that working it will initialize properly.  I'm still a bit curious about the checksums showing all FFFF's though.  My game doesn't show the checksums, so it's a feature that was added in later software no doubt. 

Offline SLKingsley

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 04:05:05 PM »
Okay, I did some cleaning and got all of the quarters out. Getting ready to put it back together to test again.
I have pulled enough quarters out of this machine to pay for the new battery and knock off some of the price I paid.  :yes:
Attached are some pics of the boards.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2020, 05:48:32 PM »
Nice pictures.  Some of it is coming back to me now.  I remember the VIG 1.01 designator on the MPU board now.  I don't know why the software doesn't show the checksums for U22 and U23, it may not have been fully implemented in the version you have?  The game boots up and functions seem to work, so it's not anything to worry about.  I did find another manual for a UV-1910, which is similar to the 1510, but sections of it are game specific.  It's too big to post here, but if you want to send me a PM with your email address I'll send it to you. 

There's a test for the multiplexed inputs which includes the button deck switch inputs.  I'm just not sure if you can access them without using the hold 1 button.  I'm pretty sure if you can get that working and initialize it you'll be in business.

Offline SLKingsley

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2020, 07:56:44 PM »
 :applause: It's working. I got the input plug seated so that the Hold 1 button would function and was able to get it to initialize only to find out that the battery wasn't seating properly in the base. This was due to the fact that somebody along the way changed the battery over to a CR2450 which is way bigger than the original. I had to modify the base a little to get the battery to seat but now it works. (the CR2450 should last longer)

It accepts coins but the bill acceptor doesn't do anything at all. I'll have to look into that later... (also, I'll have to get me a sack of quarters because I hit a full house and the hand full I had isn't enough to fill the stack or pay out)
The display is pretty crappy. I tried to adjust it with the buttons on the front but it won't adjust and you can't see your credits or half of the 5th card. I'm wondering if I can put a small LCD monitor in there, if it will run on that.
Last, where do I find parts??? I need a couple of buttons and several lights bulbs. (button lamps and the little twist ins that are in the light on top.
Again, thanks for all the help so far and I appreciate your patience.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2020, 07:00:11 AM »
Congratulations  :applause:

When you start working on the bill validator use $1 bills,  the software is probably so out of date that it won't take any of the new currency.  Usually on the top is a sticker that will tell you the type of validator DBV-145-SH or DBV-200-SH probably.  The 145 will only take bills face up. 

Yeah, the monitor looks like it could use a little adjustment.  The horizontal width needs to be brought in some.  I haven't worked with CRTs in a while, but I think the horizontal adjustments are back near the flyback transformer.  Without an extension cable you have to pull the monitor out, adjust it a little, then put it back in and see where it's at.  Repeat until it's where it should be.  You may want to ask about it in the monitor section.  Post a picture of the screen and the model number of the CRT and someone can probably help with that.

Common hardware like bulbs and switches are readily available.  Check with Jim (Midwest slots) and see if he has anything.  If not, Spin Inc and others should have them.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2020, 09:03:45 AM »
Usually horizontal width is in the front. Have you looked closely all around the front of the CRT? If not, you can try pulling it out to see if it's in the back. If so, make a marking on the control with tape or whiteout. Move it to the right maybe an 8th of a turn. Plug it back in and see if it's better. If it's worse, then of course move it back the other way. It's much nice of course, to have extension cables but this way works too.
But as Tilt recommended, post a photo and model number in the monitor section if you continue having issues the CRT.
Let us know what type it is here as well.

Offline SLKingsley

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2020, 10:25:07 AM »
Thanks for all the input guys, it has helped tremendously. I was making all of my adjustments with the buttons on the front of the display chassis. Won't do much from there. It allows for many options in adjustment but the ones I need are maxed in the directions that I need so... Are there also analog adjustments as well? Is that what you are saying about adjusting from the back? Here's a picture of the monitor and bill validator.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal