New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: LCD Topper - compatible with Alpha S9000?  (Read 1914 times)

Offline blazing7scolorado

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • blazing7scolorado New User has no influence.
  • NLG
LCD Topper - compatible with Alpha S9000?
« on: May 08, 2020, 09:53:18 PM »
Hi everyone,

I just received my new Blazing Sevens Alpha S9000, and so far it's awesome!  You all helped me answer some questions about its predecessor (older cabinet Alpha S9000) which I owned for a while without major problems, so as always, thank you all for being here - I've found this site to be a lifeline.  I was able to find the machine a new home and finally get hold of this one, definitely no complaints so far.

So, I'm looking for another topper, and on my last trip to Vegas, I saw several Blazing Sevens machines fitted out in the Alpha 2 V22 cabinets, along with what I believe are the Bally Gamesmen LCD toppers.  Does anyone know if these are compatible with the Alpha S9000?  Realistically I'm interested in it simply displaying the game title/graphics, which from what little I've investigated might run off of some type of media player, flash card, or maybe the MPU.  The Blazing Sevens artwork has a background which slowly scrolls from left to right.  I don't necessarily need the top candle to work, or for it to display any progressive or win amounts as I've seen with some configurations, and I'm not planning on switching game kits.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  I'm also looking for a couple of parts which I'll post in classifieds.

Thanks!
blazing7scolorado

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: LCD Topper - compatible with Alpha S9000?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 10:46:21 PM »
You mean like this?

If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 11:23:25 PM »
Yes, just like that!  Thanks rickhunter!

Offline FireballJackpot

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 122
  • FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 11:37:49 PM »
If your cabinet gives you "dancing" red LEDs around your reels during a big win, your cabinet should also drive the Super Candle on that video topper. It depends on the games software and the LED board that's installed.

:cool_thumb_up:

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 11:44:33 PM »
thanks everybody!  FireballJackpot - yes, I have the "dancing red LEDs."  I think I'm going to try one and whatever works, works.  Thanks again!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 11:31:43 AM »
You will need some sort of media player to play graphics as shown.  I use the one that bally uses for the A2 pro machines.  They go on sale all the time on e-bay for around $30 to $40.  You could also use the cheap ones from amazon.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 11:09:53 PM »
thanks again, they are both on the way!  I'll keep everyone posted.  Thanks again!

blazing7scolorado

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 11:51:36 PM »
ok so got everything in and it all appears to be in great shape...anyone know what goes where? :lol:

Pic one is the topper (so far I have the ground wire and molex plug intact so both top candle lights are working.)
Pic two is the media board.
Pic three is my current board on the left that's hooked to the led panels around the reels.

Appreciate any help!  Also am trying to figure out the best way to obtain artwork.

Thanks!
blazing7scolorado

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2020, 09:22:56 AM »
I did not connect the super candle on mine, but others here claim it works.  I will have to look into that.  But there should be another cable that has a small black Molex Microfit Jr connector on it that should plug into your led controller board, any port that has the same amount of pins should work if your led board is new enough.  Also you need to insulate the media player board otherwise you will have all kinds of shorts and sparks.  I usually attach some foam material under the board attached with double sided tape to keep the thing from shorting.  The board will need to be powered, I believe it is 5v, but I need to double check that for sure.  The USB port is for a flash drive with the video file to display on the topper.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2020, 04:16:33 PM »
Connect the harness with tag #207712 to the LCU board on the left wall to get the super candle to work. I think it is the longest one.  Be sure not to get it in the way of the reels.  I ran mine over the the monitor cord to keep it up out of the way.  If you want the side LED's to work you have to upgrade to a newer A2 LCU board with A02 or newer firmware and figure out how to mount it.  I think I have my Bally media player plugged into 15vdc power.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 08:35:53 PM »
The board on my cabinet is powered by 12V.

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2020, 10:11:47 PM »
Thanks for the info.  This is my first super candle experience ever, so I was kinda in awe when I noticed the living room now has a disco ball!

Regarding the power supply, foam insulation and newer LED board, I'll be sure to investigate.

blazing7scolorado

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2020, 06:50:41 AM »
The board on my cabinet is powered by 12V.
  Yes the media players are supposed to run on 12v not 15v, thanks Rick. I have one running off a power brick from a Mikohn controller that was already in the top box.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2020, 05:00:54 PM »
I put one on my Alpha Playboy and when hooked up it displays the same as my main screen
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2020, 06:30:31 PM »
This only works if you have a dual video card.  It's because in absence of game content, the dual video card displays the same image on both ports by default.

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 10:51:26 PM »
Very nice machines you all have, and again, thanks for all the help!  So, it looks like everything is intact.  I wasn't expecting the side leds on the topper to illuminate without an Alpha 2 led board, but apparently after plugging in the game power, they stay solid off white/yellow.

So now, it's just down to the flash drive and artwork.  I'm getting an error on the screen stating "Insert USB drive or SD card" or something along those lines.  I'm hoping to locate the Blazing Sevens "factory" artwork, but also came across an article that tells you how to build a custom .avi file.  Anyone know if any old flash drive will work?  Any particular naming conventions or file formats to follow?  I'm just looking for any old artwork to display, even if its the "Hot New Game" one, until I can find the Blazing Sevens artwork.

Thanks again,
blazing7scolorado

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 08:48:43 AM »
There's no naming convention, it will play any AVI file on the drive.  I haven't tried putting jpegs on it though. I wonder if it will slideshow them, or only do one of them.  The USB flash drive doesn't seem to matter, I have an old kingston 8GB drive playing the avi file that is on it now.  Interesting, on my machine the side leds do not light up like they do on yours.  Wonder what the difference is?

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 09:03:49 AM »
Let me understand this. I can play video from a thumb drive? MP4?
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2020, 09:25:24 AM »
If you just hook up a media player to the topper's vga cable, and the media player supports mp4, then yes it will, no sound though.  I have never actually tried running an mp4 using the bally media player.  Something to try later today.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2020, 09:36:58 AM »
Bally media players only loops MP4's. It will loop multiple MP4's.  A regular media player will slideshow MP4's and/or jpegs.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal