New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: LCD Topper - compatible with Alpha S9000?  (Read 1911 times)

Offline blazing7scolorado

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • blazing7scolorado New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: LCD Topper - compatible with Alpha S9000?
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2020, 09:44:20 AM »
Thanks everyone, I was wondering about the file formats as I forgot to mention I tried a sample 5 second .avi file On a drive formatted for PC but it didn’t work, but I also formatted it on a Mac, where strange things happen to flash drives it seems 😀

I’ll give it a try with maybe a single .jpg image.

Rickhunter, yes, I too was surprised with the side leds but I’m honestly thinking something in my configuration might have been crosswired to get them to light. They only cut on after I plugged in the game power plug in the top box and the vga cable plugged in to the board. The strips also change color for a second upon power up, like its running a test pattern similar to the main marquee does. Oh well, I’ll take it, white light is better than no light!

Thanks again!
Blazing7scolorado

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2020, 10:34:19 AM »
The flash drive I'm using is formatted FAT32.  JPG's don't work, and neither do PNG's.  MP4's work.  I took an image I extracted from a CF card (Don't remember which one).  Then I made a 5 minute mp4 video out of it at 720p.  It worked.  The only issue is that when the video ends, the screen goes black for a like a second as it loops around.  The bally files have a fade from black and fade to black effect at either end of their animations to mask the 1 second black screen.  Here's the image I used to create the mp4 file.  Also a photo of my machine with the file running on the topper.

The zip contains the jpg image, to avoid the NLG watermark so you can use it to make your own mp4 file.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2020, 12:40:25 PM »

So I have this video topper from Flintstones, it takes a SD card. I am going to guess the game had the sound in it. I have never got it to play sound. Here it is on youtube. Not able to load MP4 on here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmAkv-oZixg

Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2020, 01:09:00 PM »
Thanks for posting that image Rick.  I like it.  May switch game to Bonus Blazing 7s!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2020, 01:13:04 PM »

So I have this video topper from Flintstones, it takes a SD card. I am going to guess the game had the sound in it. I have never got it to play sound. Here it is on youtube. Not able to load MP4 on here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmAkv-oZixg
Are there any audio ports on the box the sd plugs into?

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2020, 02:22:22 PM »
Yes, but no sound. I recorded on my own SD card and nothing. Cool topper though
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2020, 02:24:29 PM »
No audio output on the bally media player.

So I dug up one of the newer LCU gadget boards that were available for a short time for these steppers and installed it on my Blazing 7's machine so I could connect the side lights and have the candle work as it is supposed to work, instead of just having all the lights on.  This is the result when you hit any triple 7 combination.

https://youtu.be/8lkYOcbwYO0
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2020, 06:00:48 PM »
Hey guys! I have been making custom video toppers for a few games. If you are interested in some, I can post samples. I was tired of playing games without an image for the Super Topper and the HOT NEW GAME gets boring.

I know Bally makes OEM topper videos but I cant find them or if I do find them someone wants to charge as much of the game.

Ones I made:
Cash Spin 243
Playboy Hot Zone
Wild Huskies
Hot Shot (Many themes)
Standard Quick Hit Logo
Emerald Falls
Mustang, Thunderhorn, Honeybird Money, Golden Reef
Power Strike with Bullseye Bonus
Blazing Dragon & Tiger Treasure
and more coming soon.

The Cash Spin and Playboy Hot Zone ones came out really nice!

I'll post back when I upload them to YouTube
-------
Charles

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2020, 06:10:30 PM »
Sounds great!!! 

thanks

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2020, 08:24:46 PM »
thanks so much rickhunter and everyone, it's finally up and running!  I was having a bit of trouble with the flash drive not reading (most likely due to formatting trouble on the Mac platform, seems reformatting flash drives for PC on a Mac is always quirky), so decided to pick a new one up on the way home and tried a couple of test files.  The first one was a short video clip and then I tried out the Blazing 7s artwork.  I was able to put a black fade at the beginning and the end so it plays seamlessly.

Coolwavepic, yes definitely interested in anything you might have to share.  I've been a designer for a long time so I have a feeling I'm going to be making a lot of video clips too.

Definitely going to keep my eyes peeled for the Alpha 2 LCU board.

Thanks again everyone,
blazing7scolorado

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2020, 12:40:44 PM »
If you are just going to use it on your stepper, you could probably find one of the later gadget boards made for the S9000's.  That's the one I used for my video.  It looks like the picture below with a manufacture date of 2009 (easiest may to tell).  It has the extra port on the bottom of the card to drive the side leds on the topper.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2020, 07:39:48 PM »
Finally hooked up an A2 lcu board and now the leds work right!  I do have a spare board I may sell.

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2020, 08:15:50 PM »
thanks rickhunter and sixcardmark, I've heard these boards are a bit harder to come by than the standard ones, so sixcardmark, I'll take it off your hands if  you've got one for sale, PM me!

So if anyone's interested, I was able to locate a nice crisp high resolution copy of the Blazing Sevens logo (with a clear background which you can pull into a program like Photoshop and drop color and effects) which I've attached in regular and zip formats - the image displaying looks like it had a black background added to it but the zip file should be clear). I think I'm going to break out my video editing software and try out some transitions/effects.

Thanks again!
blazing7scolorado

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal