New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS CF Card for a BB1  (Read 1309 times)

Offline DP

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • DP New User has no influence.
  • NLG
WMS CF Card for a BB1
« on: May 24, 2020, 01:23:10 PM »
Hello,
 I changed out the 2 batteries on a WMS BB1 Fire Island and I need a CF Card & anything else I might need, I have not done this before. If you have one for sale, Please let me know
DP

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: WMS CF Card for a BB1
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 02:32:08 PM »
You need to know your bios version.  It is on the sticker on top of the 32 pin eprom, it begins with SBOT then something else.  The clear card needs to be compatible with your bios.  If you have version 1600 you need clear 1350 or earlier, if you have version 2000, you can use any clear card. If you don't have version 2000, I encourage you to find the version 2000 bios, it will allow you to run the newer games.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline DP

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 04:21:52 PM »
I also saw this
BIOS Version <WMS1R804>[/size]Copyright 2002 Kontron EmbeddedCopyright 1985-2001 Phoenix TechIt also says Error loading nvram.ko; NVRAM may be corrupted

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 05:23:23 PM »
The NVRAM error is because you replaced the batteries.  When the batteries are removed, the nvram (Non-Volatile RAM) loses it's non-volatility since it no longer has power to retain memory, so in essence it gets populated by miscellaneous bits when you power up.  As the machine boots us and checks integrity the NVRAM checks fail because the expected information is not correct, thus you get the error.  The only way to solve it is to do a clear, which basically formats the nvram so that the next time the machine boots up, it can start writing configuration information into it.  The photo is also way too small to read the eprom, so I can't tell what you have, but since you have a blue board, it is probably NBOT-2000.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline DP

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 06:16:11 PM »
I’ll tell you, you sure know your Slots !
Where can I get a NBOT-2000. I sent you the biggest photo that the site would take. I tried 3 times with different sizes.
DP

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 09:15:56 PM »
Sorry, it is SBOT not NBOT (NBOT is for BB3 mpu's).  Does your eprom have these markings?

Offline DP

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 05:28:27 AM »
Someone took the label off ???
DP

Offline DP

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 04:33:50 PM »
Because I chip is nor marked and I am having other errors & i do not intend on loading up and other games Should I just get another board ?
DP

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 05:05:42 PM »
The open door errors you are getting are typically not MPU issues, they are usually backplane issues.  The switch logic is on the backplane, so if you are having switch issues, it is most likely that.  That being said, it is always good to have a good known working spare mpu.  They are easy and cheap to find now, but it won't be the case a few years down the line as parts dry up.  You can also tell what your bios when you load a game if you go to the attendant menu and look at the game information.  Since you a blue mpu, it is likely you have the SBOT2000 bios.

Offline DP

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 02:17:35 AM »
Not sure what or where a backplane is ? I will replace the MPU and see what happens
Thanks Again
You have been very helpful
DP

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 08:16:50 AM »
The backplane is that board where all the molex plugs go into.  Should run you about $30 to $50 depending on where you get it from.

Offline DP

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 08:24:35 AM »
Thanks
I will post it
DP

Offline DP

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 09:43:56 AM »
If i buy the SBOT200, will I need a Clear CF Card ?
DP

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2020, 09:55:33 AM »
You always need a CF clear card.  If you ever want to change games, replace batteries, something goes wrong and nvram goes corrupt.  If you own any type of slot machine, you need to have a clear chip/card/dongle for it to set things back up.  By the way the SBOT2000 is just the version of the bios, what you are buying is an MPU with the SBOT2000 bios version.  You can also buy the chip by itself and just replace it if you don't have it, but like I mentioned before, if you have a blue mpu, you most likely have it, unless the dealer changed it to something lower (which makes no sense at all since these chips are easy to duplicate with an eprom burner).

Offline DP

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2020, 10:04:08 AM »
 :thank_you:

Offline DP

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 12:35:48 PM »
I have someone on eBay that wants $135 for a WMS BB1 CPU ?
DP

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal