New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: coin accepted 20 volt on 809  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Herbie21

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Herbie21 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
coin accepted 20 volt on 809
« on: July 27, 2020, 10:33:56 AM »
Hi I am working on a 809, finally sorted my shorts out and stopped the bell from ringing, but my coin accpeted lamps gives around 20volts when activated, any idea what to do thanks, Herbie
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 04:36:19 PM by wolftalk »

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: coin accepted 20 volt on 809
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 03:25:10 PM »
I would check again for shorts. With door open look for voltage when you touch case with 1 probe and with other check blue wire then yellow then orange feed wires.
You should have ZERO volts. If you do have V, pull out each subunit one at a time until it disappears. Then that one is the culprit.
Also check V off your transformer at the source. Should be 6v and 50v and 56 measuring between blue and orange iirc
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 04:10:36 PM »
if the other lamps are ok (winner paid, odds lights, insert coin), then the problem is probably not on the 6V supply side of the circuit.

the coin accepted light turns on via yellow/black wire 38-1 on the coin relay.

look for an issue with that wire at the coin relay and plug connections.  If that looks ok, you'll need to follow the wire between the lamp and coin relay looking for a problem. 

make sure the switch blades aren't shorting on the coin relay due to misadjustment or missing fish paper insulation between blades.

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 08:58:31 AM »
Boys first a picture of the beauty, found somewhere in Switzerland for $250, from LV! OK some mechanical things are broken, but I have the parts and done it before, only the voltage is bugging me now
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 09:16:00 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 09:08:44 AM »
Dear Old Reno,

thanks for your reply I checked for shorts your way with OHM meter all are 0, When I check the volt way you describe above I get volt on all colours and the don't go away when opening the subunits?

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 09:13:39 AM »
thx Wolftalk, I found an other short at the payout reset pal, the further I go the worse it gets I still have volt on 'insert coin' and 'coin accepted' of around 23 but with the odd set up the chanhge to 7 volt and then with the next step again 23v also I lost the general ilumination in the door which will flash when setting up the odds?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 10:04:26 AM »
the odds unit diagram is below ... probably correct for your machine.

it's possible to install the wipers onto the shaft two ways ... only one is right.   The diagram shows the wipers in the reset position.  Verify yours are on the unit correctly.

post a picture with unit at reset if not sure.

also, what does it say on the plate below the handle?  Top number is the full model number.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 01:18:21 PM »
Attached 809 schematic
[/size]
[/size]Check out the payout relay top left on back of the hopper.
[/size]Any abnormality may cause current to seek another path.

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2020, 10:01:56 AM »
Hi Boys, two more pictures @ Old Reno, I think odds unit is OK?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 12:36:12 PM »
you have the odds unit used on later 809 games.  See below (the drawing is the wiring side of the contact plate).

since your problem depends on the position of the odds unit, I'd step the unit to a place where you see the 20+V and then stick paper under each wiper finger one at a time to see if the voltage drops back down to 6-7V.

the only wiper in the 6V circuit is the one pointing to position 0 at reset, so you can just lift that up with your fingernail and see what happens.

make sure that wiper finger is not touching other fingers, and also make sure that black stuff on the rivets isn't bridging to rivets on the middle ring and has metal flakes in it.  You should just clean that black stuff off ... alcohol and a green scrub pad will work.  You want shiny rivets with no gunk in between them. 

a really thin smear of contact cleaner/lube, lightweight mineral oil, silicone lube, CV joint grease, or whatever on the rivets will help.  Make sure whatever you use doesn't cause the wipers to slow down at reset ... they should whizz back to the reset stop without dragging.

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 02:45:42 PM »
Dear Old Reno, it is getting worse and worse, now he is not paying the multiple prices accepting coins and stepping up the odds unit. I have added a photo of my set up luckyly I have extention cables. I mapped the voltage in the different stages of the proces maybe this gives you a clue where to look.

machine at rest after payout insert coin (IC) 7volt and coinaccepted (CA) 20 volt
fist coin IC 7V ca 7v
second IC 7V CA 7V
tird coin IC 7V CA 7V
fourt coin IC 7V CA 7V
fift coin IC 30V CA 7V
after coin relay lever pushed back IC 7V CA 20V
habdle release pushed up IC 7V CA 20V
during payout IC 38V IC 7V
after payout IC 7V CA 20V

I never had such stuff and this is my 12th machine

hope you can help

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 02:50:30 PM »
dear Wolftalk,

i did what you sugested but saw now changes, will do it again through the different stages i mentioned above, thanks for the odds unit picture

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2020, 03:06:43 PM »
dear all, i realize that there is no voltage on the general illumination in the door anymore, and with every coin drop and advance of the odds unit the flash short only during step up

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2020, 05:17:21 PM »
got a high resolution picture of the entire coil side of the odds unit?  You can email to slotpics@cdyn.com if it's too big to post and I'll try to downsize it and post it.

there is an "end of stroke" switch on the odds unit that opens when the step up coil plunger is pulled in.  If you open that with your finger, do the GI lights turn on?

since you have problems when the odds unit is reset and at the top step, I'd guess you have an issue with the "pin switches" ... the ones that are operated by pegs sticking out of the white plastic ratchet.  Seems like some switch blades are touching that shouldn't be and shorting things in the 6V and 50V circuits together.

when you have the high voltage, stick paper between any blades that are touching on the pin switches and see what happens.  Definitely check the blades with yellow/brown wire 36-1 and grey/red wire 91-2 (if the schem I'm looking at for a 809-8ZP is close enough to your game) as those are the most likely way to affect the coin accepted and insert coin lights.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 10:53:02 AM by wolftalk »

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2020, 07:17:19 AM »
dear all.

I can't measure the voltages now as my meter broke down, will get a new one.

Dropping a coin, setting up the oddsunit the general illumination flashes shortly, it doesn't do this when I put paper in th EOS of the odd unit.

Also the odds unit steps up but the payout multiplier is not working anymore.

I checked the voltage on th transformer and is fine, even the voltage in the door plug blue and yellow showed 7 volt.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2020, 12:04:13 PM »

it may be easier to solve the GI problem first as it's a big hint that something is wrong with the main power wiring.

if your yellow wire 30 or blue wire 20 has a problem someplace, you can get odd side effects as DavidLee mentioned.

was the coin switch ever replaced?  If so, you may want to verify it's wired correctly with wire 30 on the common terminal first.

do this:

1] cycle game once via coin and verify the handle switch tripped to enable the handle to be pulled
2] hold down the coin switch.  Do the GI lights come on?
3] if yes, stick your paper in the EOS switch on the odds unit and repeat.  GI lamps stay off?

if yes, wire 30 is probably broken some place. 

easiest thing when you have a meter is to put one probe on a power wire - wire 20 for the 6V or wire 70 for the 50V, take your pick - and use the other probe on wire 30 anywhere you want.  If you don't get the correct voltage, then wire 30 is not connected back to the transformer at that point.

there's no way to tell how wire 30 is routed around the game, but it won't be on multiple plug pins going to the same game unit area (hopper, reel mech, door or top compartment).  i.e. it doesn't go "into" the top compartment on one plug pin and come "out" on a different pin.

if you machine is like a 809-5ZB, wire 30 is on pin 5 of the 24 pin plug for the top shelf stuff and also on pin 5 of the 12 pin door plug.   There may be a double wire at either/both of those places.  Look for a wire breaking off.   

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2020, 01:43:27 PM »
Speaking of door molex plugs. Burned or very discolored plugs could indicate internal problems.
Internal heat and or corrosion can cause problems. All 3 voltages travel through the door plugs.
A thorough inspection and eliminating these as a cause would be in order.
Photo showing a problematic plug that needed attention to correct intermittent 6 volt lightning.

Compared to bottom photo.

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2020, 02:13:58 PM »
Dear both,

I did the test:

1] cycle game once via coin and verify the handle switch tripped to enable the handle to be pulled2] hold down the coin switch.  Do the GI lights come on?3] if yes, stick your paper in the EOS switch on the odds unit and repeat.  GI lamps stay off?answer yes, so my wire 30 is probably broken at some place. 

I will start the search when I get my new multimeter as you discribed and will keep you posted! Thanks a lot!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2020, 04:45:09 PM »
Do the insert coin, coin accepted and winner paid lights work?

A jumper from a common yellow else where in the door to the common yellow on the light circuit.
May narrow the search or prove the yellow in the door is open.

Offline Herbie21

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2020, 11:25:23 AM »
Hi All,

in the mean time the machine is not taking coins and stepping up.

When I put a jumper from the top unit and connect to the coin switch coins ARE accepted and the machine is stepping up!!!

When I connect the jumper to the coin lockout coil it gets engined

But when I connect to the GI lamps nothing happens,

strange

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal