New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally S9000 Question - Getting Started  (Read 958 times)

Offline Clay98607

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Clay98607 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally S9000 Question - Getting Started
« on: August 31, 2020, 03:31:28 PM »
New member here, thanks for the Add. I previously brought a Bally 809 back to life and have now moved on to something newer, a Bally S9-1 "Silver & Gold".  The machine powers on but ends with a screen that ssys NV Ram Driver Mount Failure.  The machine is very clean and looks to have everything except for a Bill acceptor and ticket printer (not sure if these are one unit or not).  A few questions to get me point in the right direction...

Is the bill acceptor and ticket printer required for use?
I believe the machine is from Canada. Do I need to start with a Ram clear and anything with Jurisdiction?
Lastly, it had a message to turn the attendant key (which I don't have).  Are all keys created equal? Meaning can I get one online?

Thanks for the help.  This one is a different kind of complicated and I'm needing to be pointed in a good starting direction. Or better yet, a list of starting troubleshooting steps. Appreciate

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally S9000 Question - Getting Started
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 04:06:49 PM »
Yes start with a clear. The clear card needed depends on the bios & OS. They must match. Replace all batteries on the cpu & backplane or at least test them for at least their rated voltage. Anything below that, replace. #2341 reset keys are common to nearly all slot machines.
Unless you have coin in equipment or some sort of free play device, you will need a bill validator. Printer optional. Juisdiction chips vary. Most people prefer the no limits version or CA tribal for ticket printing.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 06:18:48 PM »
If you have a Canadian SJUR, the bill validator must be a canadian approved firmware (must be a canadian validator).  If you want to use US dollars, then you will need an SJUR that is US based and get a US bill validator.

You can install a bettor TITO system with the free credit option if you don't want to invest in a validator and/or coin-in equipment, so you can add credits to the machine and play.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Clay98607

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Clay98607 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 07:33:45 PM »
So to confirm, I can opt not to get a BV or TITO and instead can install only a Bettor TITO?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 08:47:32 PM »
That is correct, you do not "need" a printer or a validator to insert credits if you have a Bettor TITO installed that has the Free credit button option.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal