New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Questions and confusion  (Read 971 times)

Offline Damian Rutherford

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Damian Rutherford New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Questions and confusion
« on: October 01, 2020, 10:52:14 PM »
Hi all.  "D" here.  Just picked up my first Bally machine and I must admit I'm a bit confused.  First off, its nameplate lists it as either a 932'2 124 or a 932'2 224 made in Dublin Ireland.  This is my first confusing bit as the number 1 and 2 are stamped over each other in the "124"section of the ID number?

Going further,I have a few Questions that I hope some of you kind folks that know a lot more than me can help me with.

My only slot experience to date is on my Rotoslot and my Seeburg.  While the Seeburg is similar to the Bally, This Bally seems to be missing things, or they may well be hiding from my inexperienced view.

1.  On the upper right front section of the machine there is a metal plate running the length of the front glass.  It has pop rivets holding it in place and I can't understand its purpose?

2.  On the front of the main body of the machine where the word Bally is located, there is a fluorescent light tube.  When I place a ballast starter in the socket it wants to light up but won't stay lit.  When I place a second starter in the right socket nothing happens at all.  I believe I can get the tube to stay on if I replace it and the associated starter, but I can't figure out how to get to the tube?  My Seeburg has an internal door within the outer one to access bulbs and other items but I see none on the Bally??  Also I'm not sure what the right transformer and starter are even for??

3.  On my Seeburg there is a wiffleball looking pingpong ball sized ball attached to an arm that lets the machine know when the main hopper is full and triggers a switch that sends coins down a chute and into the stand that the machine sits on as to not overfill the main hopper.  On this Bally it looks like there is some kind of set up for coins to go through a hole in the bottom, but I can't for the life of me see a way for the coins to get there.  Also, there doesn't seem to be a way for the main hopper to signal that it is full?  I'm starting to think this machine is parted together from different models but I don't know enough about Bally machines to even guess.

I"ll put a few pictures in to try to show the issues I'm facing.  Any help would be appreciated and of course,  Thank you all in advance!  I'm trying to learn as I go without losing what little mind I have!! lol  Thanks again!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Questions and confusion
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 06:41:24 PM »
It appears that this machine has some major modifications.
The aluminum plate / panel is taking up space.
As there was most likely a piece of glass that fit the complete width of the opening.

The 777 jackpots usually pay much higher than 40 coins.

There are post on this Bally EM site regarding replacing the belly lamp.

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 09:37:52 PM »
Thank you!  Also I took more pictures of the strange side glass section.  It seems it was factory made as the finish it very clean and the metal strip at the bottom of the glass does not have any strange or uneven cut marks on it.  The previous owner says it used to have pushbuttons for calling a hostess for cocktails and the like.  Not sure if that is correct.  But, it seems to have been done for a specific reason.  Hopefully someone will know.  Still need to get starters and lamps, but it's coming together.  Also, I saw a few pics in the forums of the ping-wiffleball type assembly on the hopper and I'm assuming i'm also missing the device that moves quarters from the main hopper to the drop out hole.  Hopefully I'll find the assemblies and figure out how to install them!

Offline slcjeeper

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 09:48:25 PM »
That machine is missing some of its original parts. It was a 932 and called an "Add A Line". The aluminum plate would have originally had a matching wood panel with a couple of coin slots. The top slot would have been 5p for one play. The second slot would have allowed the player to make change from larger 50p coins and would have returned 5 10p coins to the player. The main coin head accepted 10p coins good for 2 plays. The missing left reel would have been red and indicated bonus lines that would also pay if a winning combination appeared in that row.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 09:56:02 PM »
To remove the belly glass,  remove screws in the red circles and pull the top of the belly glass frame forward and then up to remove. One starter is for the belly glass and the other starter is for the small light tube above the reel windows.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 10:03:24 PM »
I did a quick image search and found this.

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 10:08:22 PM »
I knew I had the flyer somewhere.

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 10:23:02 PM »
Your hopper is missing the float switch that was attached to the wiffle ball. If you look at the hopper at about the 2 o'clock position,  you'll see 2 offset  threaded holes in the hopper surface. It mounts there and not a difficult part to find.  This switch would control a door mounted coin deflector that directed the coins to the missing coin box in your machine.  The coin deflector assembly with coin ramp are missing but also fairly easy to find.  The coin box itself won't be as easy to find. You'd be better off making one from galvanized sheet. In the end, you have a 932 that has basically been converted to a 742-A.

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 11:48:07 PM »
thank you all so so much!!!  I'll get to work!! is there any glass I can replace the upper one with that would match the machine?  Thanks again!!!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2020, 05:50:00 AM »
Mr. Jeep

Thanks for the photo.
Like the old saying goes, "one picture is worth a thousand words".

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2020, 07:13:20 AM »
is there any glass I can replace the upper one with that would match the machine?  Thanks again!!!
The best option I see for the glass is to use a piece of either plexiglass or glass in place of the metal blank and either use solid black window film or black paint on the backside. Of course you could always have an entire new sheet made, but that’s going to be pricey (at least a couple of hundred). You definitely can brighten things up a bit by having the payout backfills remade. The reel tapes can also be replaced. Carefully lift the end of the tapes and there will be some numbers you’ll need to reference to. Look for Scott Bennet on Facebook and let him know what they are. There’s a good chance he’ll have them. Just note that decals were added to your reel strips and will need to be replaced in order for the hopper payouts to match. I see at least 1 “lemon” and 1 “7”. I’m wondering if under that 7 is a blue star.

Good Luck!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal