New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Payout issue  (Read 657 times)

Offline Damian Rutherford

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Damian Rutherford New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Payout issue
« on: October 16, 2020, 11:12:29 PM »
My Bally machine has developed a problem and intermittently stops paying out. Nothing is jammed and the motor spins free.  It seems to be in a relay or somewhere I don't yet understand.  If anyone can point me to a relay or other possible smoking gun in the hopper mech please let me know.  Again, thank you in advance.

• NLG
Re: Bally Payout issue
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 01:23:11 AM »
OK I've been digging a bit deeper and found this so far.  There is a circuit board with a rotating wheel.  (first pic)  It seems to sense how much has been payed out and tells the hopper to reset.  There is a solenoid on the underside of the hopper (second Pic) that seems as though it would pull in to reset the wheel, but it doesn't pull in at all.  Initially, it would reset if I removed the hopper from the machine and put it back in.  Now it doesn't reset at all.  If I push the lever manually it will pay out once and then not reset?  If anyone can tell me where the wiring goes from the solenoid or what component sends power to the solenoid it would be a big help in troubleshooting, also, if anyone can tell me what voltage the solenoid operates on so I can test it that would be great.  Again, thanks in advance.  I seem to remember that sometimes when I would replace the hopper, the wheel would spin back to its reset position.  Not sure where it got the signal to do that?

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 05:57:29 AM »
Wow, OK, I think I found the problem.  Next to the solenoid is a stack of contacts that seem to control among other things the return of the wheel and the activation of the solenoid.  The top contact seems to be almost worn away.  Bending the arm just a bit seems to have 95 percent fixed the problem.  If anyone knows of a person or supplier that can provide a replacement contact group please let me know, I would like to purchase a new assembly.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 04:53:44 PM »
those are standard open/close-at-zero switches used on stepper units on slots and pinball machines.

if the contact is burned away on the first blade and the second blade has the dome-shaped contact side facing up (touching the first blade contact), then you can try filing the contact face if there's anything left. 

If the second blade has the puck side facing up, then the top blade is mounted upside down.  You want one face puck, other face dome in a switch unless they are high power tungsten contacts.

ideally you never file contacts unless they are larger high-power tungsten ones, but when they get pitted badly enough, you have nothing to lose.

pm me your mailing address and I'll scrounge a good blade off a parts pinball machine and send it to ya.  You'll need to unscrew the switch stack and remove the top wafer, then the existing blade looks like it will just pull off ... wire isn't soldered to it.

the pitting on the payout counter trace is more of a problem ... assuming it's not just carbon tracking that will wipe off with alcohol and a green scrub pad.  Implies a switch is not closing properly elsewhere.

what is the full model number off the plate below the handle?

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 06:16:44 PM »
Thanks for responding.  I have been told that it seems to be a Bally 932 Irish made ADD A LINE that has been converted to a Bally 742-a.  It only takes one quarter now and seems to have reel stickers added to change what is on them.  Would love to change it back to an ADD A LINE, but that seems way above my paygrade LOL.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 08:26:42 PM »
let me know your mailing address if you need the switch parts ... you can email me at slotpics@cdyn.com if ya like.

converting back to add-a-line would probably requiring getting an add-a-line for the parts :-)  Looks like your entire reel mech was replaced.

if you wanted the reel tapes to look better, you could remove them, scan them, fix all the cosmetic issues with a graphics editor and print new ones on glossy paper.

may be best to just play with it as-is and if you decide you like having a slot around, keep your eyes open for one that had an easier life.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal