New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: continental model 847 payout counter  (Read 509 times)

Offline ncrguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • ncrguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
continental model 847 payout counter
« on: October 28, 2020, 08:16:33 PM »
I'm in the process of rebuilding a 847 now,
I would love to see a picture of the pay wheel and the metal bracket over it.

Mine is missing, thank you in advance
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 07:48:43 AM by wolftalk »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: continental model 847 payout counter
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 08:14:00 AM »

post split into new topic ...

outboard carriage looks similar to picture below.  Same assembly was used in lotsa games.

main difference in the two carriage styles was the zero stop bumper.  Some games also had two switches on the zero stop.  The bally 500 supplement manual for the 847-2 shows one switch.

the carriage is only needed if you have payouts > 100 that are machine paid

I have a carriage assembly like the one pictured that you can have.  Email me at slotpics@cdyn.com with mailing address if you want it.  I may not have the fender washer and e-clips to mount it tho.

Offline ncrguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • ncrguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 09:37:06 AM »
I found someone on EBay selling what looked like what I could use, bought it and took it apart but it didnt come with the little switch that I know I need. That aside it fit and appears to work ok for now. I have to take the whole thing apart and clean it, de-rust it, and make it better (get rid of the mice waste smell) before I get to actually testing the pay out.

This is my 2nd wave project so thank you for your help as always.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 10:04:19 AM »

you got the older style unit with the eccentric stop.
 I think you can remove the carriage and stick it on your unit ... someone else may know for sure.

the missing switch just prevents the payout counter reset coil from firing on a spin if the counter is already reset.  For testing, you can just connect the orange/black 78-1 wire to the black/white 85-1 wire and let the coil power on every spin.  It's just a wear-n-tear saver.

the longest switch blade and mating blade on the vertical stack on the unit you bought may work as a replacement for the missing switch.  Remove the stack and hold it on the mounting ledge ... if the blade reaches the peg and the shorter one doesn't, then take the extra blades out of the stack and use it.  You may need to file down the insulating cylinders if you remove blades and spacer wafers if there is just two of them that are full height of the stack.

Offline Op-Bell

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 09:57:19 PM »
I think the small switch just opens the circuit to the "WIN PAID" lamp. The switch that stops the reset coil going every time is in the stack on the end of the reset solenoid. It closes when the first coin out step releases the pawl and opens when the reset coil latches the pawl out of the way.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 10:20:15 PM »
I think the small switch just opens the circuit to the "WIN PAID" lamp. The switch that stops the reset coil going every time is in the stack on the end of the reset solenoid. It closes when the first coin out step releases the pawl and opens when the reset coil latches the pawl out of the way.

could be different on various games, but the 847 schem says the opposite :-)   The win paid lamp switch is on the reset pawl, and the reset coil disconnect switch is on the zero stop. 

the cut wire colors in the picture agree with the schem.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal