New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally mustang 903-D BM-55 Rebuild the 861 hopper to a 903d hopper  (Read 4436 times)

Offline SPN

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • SPN New User barely matters.SPN New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Bally mustang 903-D BM-55 issues with the hopper
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2021, 08:48:13 AM »

Thanks I will try to learn at the same time but reading the schematic is till hard :)

Yes i do have several boxes of different parts so I probably can add what’s needed..

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2021, 08:49:28 AM »

And here..

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2021, 06:23:51 PM »
can't tell from picture if the other switch stack is also using all the slots in the lifter. 

not sure if you want more info or you're going to figure it out yourself.  Let me know if more help wanted.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2021, 09:48:12 PM »

Im not sure what to do from here and was waiting for how and where to add the extra blade for the bell circuit :)

You need more pictures?

And If you please can help me with the beau plug wiring? I’m not sure where all the wires goes 🤗

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2021, 10:34:44 AM »
oops ... missed the second pic of the payout relay.

here's the issues so far:

1] you need an extra payout counter close-at-zero switch.  May be able to use / add a switch on the reset pawl.  Got a pic of the ratchet side of the payout counter like below (reset pawl switches are circled in green).

2] the 903-A didn't use a delay relay.  I assume you have one under the hopper with a capacitor/diode attached.  You can leave it for now, but the safety motor circuit may not work right.

3] you will need to add a couple switches to the payout relay unless you have ones on there that aren't needed anymore.  I will look at the payout relay later today.

4] do you have any meters on the hopper?

in the meantime, you can move the wires on the plug for every wire that does not say "yes" in the problem column below.  The wire colors will match the cabinet socket except pin 3.  For pin 3, the cabinet wire will be 14 and the hopper wire will be 45.

for example, red/yellow wire 13 needs to be on pin 2.  On your 809 hopper it's on pin 1, so it needs to be moved.

once the wires are moved, the hopper should work well enough that it won't blow fuses and it'll probably pay.  The wires with a "yes" in the problem column affect the bell, draw and meters.

you know the color codes or can look at the chart on a schem, right?  There's also a sticky topic with the color code info.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2021, 01:34:47 PM »

Wow :)

This was much very interesting info at once and I gonna try to read it well and try to understand where to start, this weekend hopefully if my bad neck gets better so I can start rewiring and se if we can get this game back to life! I will post before and after picture when we are done with the restoration 🤗

I don’t see any pay out meter for the hopper, I have one for coin inn and one that says cash box, one in the top right corner behind the reel mechanism that maybe is for the bonus game or something..  i guess i start with the rewiring for the hopper and then the pay out counter zero switch..

Yes I think can reed the wire codes ok and as I understood several wires should move one step to the right. Like 13 14 must be moved one pin  to the right and 15 from pin 3 to pin 4 and so on but not all of them since there are some of the wires don’t match..

I really appreciate your help thank you sir!

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2021, 09:19:10 PM »
when you disconnect wires 14-3 and 75 from the hopper plug, tie those two wires together and don't reattach to the plug.

you need them connected for the switches detecting coins ejected to step up the payout counter.

the rest of the payout relay switches are ok, and you can do this: 

1] you don't need wire 91-2 on the top of the tall stack, so take it off that blade and use it on a new NO switch on the payout relay.  It'll be wire 91 on the 903, so attach the plug end to pin 25.  The other blade of the new switch goes to wire 30, which is already on another payout relay switch. 

2] add another NO switch to the payout relay (or use the bottom switch on the short stack if it's not being used).  One blade is wire 10-2 on plug pin 1, other blade is wire 38-2 on plug pin 9.  You don't have either of those wires, so you'll have to add them to the machine

3] you need a closed-at-zero switch on the payout counter.  Probably easiest to add a switch to the reset pawl stack.  One blade is wire 36-2 to pin 8 and other blade is wire 61-1 to pin 19.  You'll need to add those two wires to the machine.

4] if you have space on the payout relay, you can add a NC switch.  Remove wire 48-1 from the reset pawl switch and connect it to one blade, then connect a new wire from the reset pawl switch to the other blade.  i.e. you are inserting the NC switch into wire 48-1.  All it does is not turn on the winner paid light until payout is over, so it's optional.

that should do it.  All that's left is seeing if there's a problem with the safety timeout, and that's easily fixed if there is by eliminating the delay relay.

btw, if the bottom switch on the short stack is not used, it is possible to make the switch above it available by taking off wire 15-2 and connecting it to wire 98 on the switch in the stack next to it.  Remove the brown wire jumper to the adjacent switch and you'll have the two NO switches you need without adding more switches.  If you have the switch parts and longer screws tho, I'd leave it and add a switch to avoid tying wires of different colors together.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 07:31:30 AM by wolftalk »

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2021, 12:12:07 PM »

I have starter to re wiring the beau plug and my first question is PIN number 3

On the 809b it says 15 on the wire and I wonder why you wrote 45 ? I trust you but I wanna be sure before I continue :)

Where do wire 14 from the 809b goes if 45 goes to pin 3 ?

This is what I have done so far.. (Picture)

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2021, 12:19:14 PM »

Here you can see how I work and do it step by step with a new beau plug..

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2021, 04:13:30 PM »
wire 45 on the 809 hopper is doing what wire 14 on the 903 does.  To be nice and not have a color mismatch between plug and socket, you can:

- attached 14-3 to pin 3 like you have it
- disconnect wire 45 from the payout relay switch
- disconnect the other end of 14-3 from the payout counter step-up coil and attach it where wire 45 was
- attach the plug end of wire 75  to the payout counter step-up coil where you just removed 14-3.  The other end of wire 75 is on the hopper coin eject switches which is what you want.

you may need to pull some of the wire out of the harness to make it reach where you need. 

wire 45 is then not connected to anything so it's abandoned.

I didn't list all the 809 plug wires.  These wires on the 809 won't be attached to the plug:
- 53-2
- 58-1

you do actually need a 36-2 and 38-2 wire, so you can use the two that are currently on the 809 plug and attach them to pins 8 and 9 ... however, you need to disconnect the other ends and connect them to a new switches.  Right now, those two wires connect to one of the payout counter step-up arm switches.  You don't need that switch on the 903.

you also need a 91 wire on a new payout relay switch, so attach 91-2 to pin 28 AND disconnect the other end from the current payout relay switch to a new NO payout relay switch.

in case it's not clear, you need to attach the wires listed in the 809-B "wire id" column to the pins listed in the pin # column.   The "wire id" column under the 903-A heading is the socket in the cabinet.

if you can find a 10 and 61 wire from a parts game or someplace, you can make all the wiring match the plug and socket.  If you can't, I'd probably try and use a wire color that doesn't exist in a bally game so it's obvious it's added.  I guess a red wire is easy to find elsewhere tho. 

you could use wire 45, 53-2, or 58-1 and write on the hopper what 903 wire the 809 wire is substituting for.  Bally would occasionally run out of the correct wire color and use something else.  They attached a paper tag with the substitution info onto the wiring harness.

below is the chart with all the above updated.

make sense?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 04:29:57 PM by wolftalk »

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2021, 06:44:50 PM »

Ok I think I have re wired most of the wires to a new beau plug except the one on the picture below…

My 809b hopper don’t have the 93.1 wire

I will try to continue tomorrow with the

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2021, 06:46:31 PM »

Tomorrow I will try to continue with the rest of the wiring and switches..

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2021, 08:32:19 AM »
looks like the original plan.  Note I changed the wire 75 / 14-3 in the last post I did, but you can do it either way.

does your hopper have the plastic ball on the arm inside the bowl?  If yes, what wire colors are on the switch that arm closes?  That's where wire 93-1 should go.  Other blade should be wire 30

there is a 93 wire visible in your pic in post 21

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2021, 11:32:11 AM »

Yes I did like you said in the first post (See Picture) the red wire is actually 15 but the green color is almost gone, it can be seen in the other end but not on the picture..

I haven’t start with the wires to the pay out unit yet and I’m still trying to understand the rest of the wires that I haven’t removed from the old beau plug..

Any suggestion what I should do first and in what order ?

Your the best and I really appreciate your help 🙏☺️

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2021, 02:03:07 PM »
This is mildly pertaining to what you’re doing.
I’ve found it easier to solder the center of the 3 long rows first or at least 2 or 3 joints out,
prior to soldering the outside joints.
But in your case, directivity might be dictated by the circuit being move at the time.

Also there’s a tool for removing pins and sockets, this might be considered.

What you’re doing takes a lot of concentration.
I’m sure with Wolftalk’s help everything will work out fine.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2021, 02:25:54 PM »
Yes it really takes time and concentration and since I’ve never done this before I must take it easy step by step and be sure I do it correctly and at the same time learn how the Bally slot machine works.

Thanks for your tips I really appreciate it :)

Here’s a picture of the hopper and the plastic ball that’s not connected but I had one extra that I would like to install.. it's wire 93 is that the same as 93-1 and the other 30..  I started with connect the 93-1 from the plastic ball thing to pin 26 on the beau plug, now I’m not sure about the wire 30, where to connect it.. ?

« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 03:18:33 PM by SPN »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2021, 10:04:27 AM »
93 is the color code = grey/yellow.

93-1 would be the second time they used a wire of that color in the machine.  While the wires identical, they are used in different circuits so they aren't the same.

anyway, connect the 93 wire from your hopper level switch to plug pin 26 and the yellow wire to plug pin 10 7 with the other yellow wire.  The solid yellow wires are always wire 30 - there's no 30-x wires, so they are all the same wire everywhere in the machine.

wrt what to do next, I'd do the stuff in post 29 to make the game match a 903 schematic better

you'll need to unsolder wire 45 from pin 3, cut/unsolder 14-3 from 75 then proceed with post 29.

if post 29 doesn't make sense, yell and I'll rewrite it in a more step-by-step without any explanations.  You'll need 2 available normally open switches on the payout relay and one closed-at-zero switch on the payout counter to connect the remaining wires that will be used.  Some of the wires left on the 809 plug won't be used.

ideally add those switches and take a picture so we can double -check.  There may be an unused NO switch on your payout relay already ... couldn't tell from the picture angle.

if you have a solid red wire and a brown/red wire from a parts game or elsewhere, you need those also ... otherwise you can use a couple of the 809 wires, but they'll be the wrong color.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 07:54:41 AM by wolftalk »

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2021, 12:22:38 PM »

Before I go any further are you sure not 30 from the hopper level switch goes to pin 7 and not pin 10 as you wrote, did I misunderstood something before since on my beau plug 30 goes to pin 7..?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2021, 07:59:44 AM »
oops, sorry.  Fixed that.  "10" was the row number in the spreadsheet, which is plug pin 7.

if you switch to the post 29 method and can source a red wire and a brown/red wire, the wire colors will all match between plug and socket and you won't have any different color wires connected together.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2021, 10:19:23 AM »

That was good news, now it’s connected to plug pin 7 thank you!🤗

I have a lot of extra wires so I only use the right wire color codes on this project.

Now I think I only have 3 or 4 loose wires left as you can see on the picture..

Red cross is 38 ( I’m not sure if it should be connected to pin 9 so the two 38 meet )

I also added the three last wires from the plug too blue cross 10 36 38 

I don’t think there is any more wires to connect and as you wrote wire 45 53-2 75 58-1 is not connected to the beau plug and not in use..

Wire 91 is added on pin 28 but yet not adjusted or moved on the pay out relay switch

As you probably understand Im not quite sure or familiar how to install the NO and NC blades and the last wires so do you have example like pictures that shows since I’m afraid that Im doing it wrong so I rather do the progress slowly and right.

Thank you 🙏

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal