New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: triple diamond deluxe will not nudge up  (Read 949 times)

Offline shebaatkins

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • shebaatkins New User has no influence.
  • NLG
triple diamond deluxe will not nudge up
« on: April 06, 2024, 06:38:14 AM »
I have been working on a triple diamond deluxe igt splus. I replaced the battery, did a clear chip, replaced the door optic on the cabinet and got it spinning. it passes the reel strip test and the pay table test. When I play though, it will not nudge the diamonds up, (only down). the weird thing is that it still pays out like it is nudging the right way of the diamonds. I am running sp731 and ss7217 game type 5 on the machine. Any suggestions? Thanks so much in advance.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 06:54:06 AM by shebaatkins »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: triple diamond deluxe will not nudge up
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 07:14:46 AM »
Welcome to NLG.

That's an interesting one. The chip numbers you listed are correct for your game (SS7217 is for a 3-coin Triple Diamond Deluxe, and SP731 is listed as supporting a Type 5 game, which that is). With all three reels not nudging up I'm thinking it might be some weird issue with your MPU board, but hopefully one of our members may have seen this before and might have some more specific information for you.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2024, 05:34:02 PM »
On the reel strips are certain symbols that have the arrows pointing upwards.
Those are the only ones that are supposed to nudge upwards.

My question to you is...when a upward symbol is stopped momentarily below the payline, it then falls downwards all the way around and then coming back over the top of the reel to a stop...opposite of the direction it's supposed to go?
...and paying out correctly too????
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline shebaatkins

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2024, 06:14:43 PM »
I would like to do a few more spins so that I can more clearly express myself. I will post in a day or two. I hope that will be ok.
At this moment the diamonds pointing Down move one click down but the ones pointing UP to the payline only move down one click instead of up. It definitely does not move all the way around.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2024, 06:40:00 PM »
Reel strip #1 and #2 may be reversed.  Reel strip #'s should end in: reel 1-100, reel 2-200, reel 3-300.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2024, 06:57:19 PM »
The first symbol under the seam on strip #1 should be a single bar with a diamond pointing up.

The first symbol under the seam on strip #2 should be a single bar only.

Offline shebaatkins

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2024, 07:21:38 PM »
thank you. Those symbols are in the right place.

Offline shebaatkins

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2024, 09:27:42 AM »
In the pic those 2 bars should have went up and paid 90. Instead they went down to put the 3 bars on the payline but still paid 90 (instead of 360). They only went one click down (not all the way around).

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2024, 10:10:20 AM »
I believe either your strips are not in the notches correctly or your SS chip is not 7217.

Offline shebaatkins

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2024, 10:34:06 AM »
This pic I think shows that it is ss7217 and sp 731. Can the machine still pass the expanded reel strip test and pay table test if the reel strips are on incorrectly?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2024, 10:46:09 AM »
Yes it does show correct SS.  Are they lined up with the notches? No those tests will fail if strips are on incorrectly.

Offline shebaatkins

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2024, 11:35:18 AM »
I am pretty sure it is passing both of those tests. I have included pics of the 3 reel placement. I think they are on correctly. The notches line up.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2024, 12:04:38 PM »
When you have the SS and SP chip showing in the display press the spin button. It should line up to 3 triple diamonds. If it doesn't then strips on not on reels correctly.

Offline shebaatkins

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2024, 12:30:15 PM »
Yes it did line up 3 triple diamonds

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2024, 09:36:32 PM »
In the pic those 2 bars should have went up and paid 90. Instead they went down to put the 3 bars on the payline but still paid 90 (instead of 360). They only went one click down (not all the way around).

Now I'm more confused than after your first post. You're saying that the reels always nudge down regardless of which way the diamonds are pointing?

Can you maybe shoot a few minutes of video of you playing the game to show the problem happening a few times and upload that video to YouTube? You can then post the YouTube link here and we'll all be able to more clearly see what's happening and try to figure out why.

Thank you.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline shebaatkins

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2024, 10:40:32 PM »
Yes I am saying that the reels always nudge down regardless of which way the diamonds are pointing.

Here's a video you requested. (If i did it right). I have another recorded but it is stuck in some upload delay with youtube at the moment. It just shows the same thing a couple more times. The diamonds are pointing up, but the reels move down.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 08:16:36 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2024, 06:41:58 AM »
Remove the three reel strips, place them side-to-side on the floor as you remove them and take a clear photo of the numbers on the bottom of them.
When you want to put them back on, makesure thenotch on the reel strips match up to lock with the nib of plastic inside the edge of the reel baskets.

I watched your video.
SOMEthing is definitely screwed up here as I wrote in Reply #2.

Also, are you using a 16Mhz MPU?
A 16Mhz MPU doesn't have the plastic blue volume control knob.
You can also read the silver crystals on the MPU circuit board - they usually have 10 or 16Mhz ink-stamped on them.
I've noticed some problems with certain SP chips if placed on an 16Mhz MPU.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 06:59:21 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline lookes

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2024, 07:31:59 AM »
Do you have another MPU to try?

The reel drivers work with simple step and direction signals. It sounds like the direction signal is stuck on forward. When the nudge happens, the reel is fed the correct number of pulses to move one physical stop, but the direction signal is always forward. 
The optics don't know what direction a reel turned on a simple nudge. Just that it moved. You won't get a reel fault as a result. (It takes one full rev of a reel for the processor to know the absolute reel position)

Cool problem.

I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline shebaatkins

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2024, 08:03:42 AM »

It is 10 Mhz I believe. (pic added)

reel strip number pic also added he

Offline shebaatkins

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2024, 08:07:13 AM »

Unfortunately I do not have another Mpu.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal