New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Alpha Quick Hits  (Read 8342 times)

Offline keystone9

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Alpha Quick Hits
« on: July 01, 2015, 04:21:52 PM »
I have a Bally Alpha 3 reel Quick hits that on start up just keeps cycling over and over again. Display shows nothing but 8's. Thanks for any help. Bill.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:17:11 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
Re: Alpha Quick Hits
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 04:40:25 AM »
Some do that for 5 or 6 min. when booting. is it longer then that?
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 10:10:48 AM »
We've seen this before...it's been awhile, and I can't remember exactly, but it seems as though it was a power supply or mismatched software set (wrong OS for game).
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Denny

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Denny New User barely matters.Denny New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • www.designhse.wix.com/designhouse
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 10:35:31 AM »
Bill, mine shows 8's for what seems like forever and then after a while it just goes through everything and is fine.  Turn it on, go drink a beer, and check it when you come back.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 04:00:18 PM »
If it's a 256 or 512 box-Those take a while. 1/2 gig-much quicker.  Just look at the intial splash screen and it will tell you what you have.  Also if you change batterys or battery depending on what you have they boot slow on intial boot, after that (pwr. cycle) The boot time is quicker. Seen this many times, Hopefully that is what you are going thru.

Offline keystone9

• keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 03:44:21 AM »
I have read all of your posts and I will follow up on all of them this weekend. Thank you. Bill.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 05:07:30 PM »
Bill, my Alpha Playboy takes 15 minutes every time it is turned on. Reels spin sounding like grinding 8's flashing then loading game and then loading features. Turn it on, go take a shower, eat dinner then it will be ready. Unless a battery is bad then in the BIOS it will not progress on boot up.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Oscar Pompa

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Oscar Pompa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 04:03:26 AM »
Yep it takes a lot to turn on , from 5 to 15 min, check if the red LED in your MPU its on, (picture attached), next to it you have the atx on/off power, try to move it to see if you have any luck, when the LED doesnt turn on,  the reels will turn forever showing 8's in the display.  just change the power supply.   :CaptainHappy:

Offline keystone9

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 08:36:53 AM »
I finally got back to this game and tracked down the problem to the 5v/12v cabinet power supply. Swapped it out and all is good. I have a couple more games doing the same thing so I hope I have it nailed. Thanks for all the help. Bill.

Offline Oscar Pompa

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 06:43:53 AM »
did you swap the 5v/12v power supply or did you repair it?
i would like to know in which section its the problem when this power supply gets damage.
Thank you! :wave:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 09:41:04 AM »
Most of the 5/12v power supply issues are caps.  I just recap everything but the big filter cap.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Oscar Pompa

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 12:57:20 PM »
easy job ! I will try to repair mine this weekend !  Thanks !  :1:   :thank_you:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal