New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Hopper stops after 1 coin out.  (Read 14107 times)

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: Hopper stops after 1 coin out.
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2016, 06:11:25 PM »
Here's the wiring on schematic I have
30 wire to line unit open at zero switch then leaves on 58 wire going to line unit reset relay switch (normally open) leaving there on 21 wire which goes to one side of line unit reset relay coil and ALSO goes to another line unit open at zero switch. Other side of this switch is 31 wire which is soldered to your reset solenoid.
You must check those switches to verify they can and do close....
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2016, 07:27:54 PM »
Good work Paul,

You've narrowed down the situation pretty good.
I will re-read your post a couple of more times.
See what I can come up with.

Offline capt7310

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • capt7310 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2016, 05:36:56 AM »
So I checked with my other Ballys on the operation of the relays and my other machine has definitely an open relay or coil and I'm chasing my tail here. My other machine the plunger is up and when I place a coin in it, it goes down and the second coin the plunger goes up and as I add coins the plunger remains up. After I pull the arm the plunger remains up until I add a coin then it goes down and works as should. My other machine seems to be just the opposite and when I trace the orange wires everything looks fine but the line unit reset relay buzzes  and clamps down until I press down on the reset relay then everything works fine. If I play with one coin the machine pays out and works... 2 or more total chaos. I thank everyone for their input  but I'm almost ready to raise the white flag.....

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2016, 06:16:19 AM »
Paul,

i'm sure you'll discover what is the problem, it's good to have a machine for comparing.
Thinking there is a set of contacts open or closed when they shouldn't be.
Will re-read your last post a few more times. I keep going back to page 18 in the manual.

Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2016, 10:37:27 AM »
Paul,

Re-read your post. The reset coil is getting power some place other than the reset relay contacts or somehow through the relay. Assuming the reset coil is not mechanically malfunctioning.
Not the common solid orange wire, but the other side should be an open circuit until the reset relay is activated. With your good machine off put a meter lead on the coil solder joint opposite the common orange.
Touch the other lead from the meter to a solid yellow wire.
See if you get a beep / reading. I don't think you will.
Now do the same test on the machine in question to compare results.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 01:47:28 PM by DavidLee »

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2016, 01:23:32 PM »
Ok, when odds unit resets the reset coil plunger pulls down and is mechanically latched in place by the linkages as you will notice. It stays latched (down) until your odds step up plunger pulls in 2nd coin played. It stays up thereafter until your game is over and only resets when you start a new game. It will unlatch and pull down again as soon as you insert coin for new game (when your coin in switch is pushed down by coin or with finger. If you only play one coin then it will stay latched.   It sounds like it is working correctly -- that's how it is supposed to work. 
Did you check all your open 4th odds switches for proper operation?

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2016, 01:39:08 PM »
Let me rephrase last post. If you only play 1 coin then the odds reset plunger is down. ONLY if you play more than one coin then it goes up. It will stay up until you drop in a coin for the next game, which is when it is supposed to reset.
It sounds like it is working just fine.  What is the problem that you are trying to fix -- we need you to be specific. 

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2016, 02:00:54 PM »
Paul wrote "the line unit reset relay buzzes  and clamps down until I press down on the reset relay then everything works fine

Okay sounds like the contacts associated with the reset relay may need some attention. As when you manually work that relay it appears to work fine.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2016, 02:34:49 PM »
Circuit goes through handle release switch (23 wire on one side). Make sure it contacts WELL to the other side. You may also have a snap switch 1st reel wiper pushes it back but I don't think you have one. That's downstroke circuit HOWEVER it also creates a holding circuit to ensure reset. This circuit is through odds unit open at zero (30 to maybe 58 wire) AND also through odds unit reset relay switch which is on the odds relay switch stack. This holding circuit keeps odds unit reset relay AND reset coil plunger on so that the reset action is certain to work.  Any one of these switches not making full contact can cause your problems. IF your reset relay coil works well and firmly when you jumper it then your coil is good. Only if it is weak should you think about replacing it.

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2016, 10:50:53 AM »
Hi
If your handle is still not locking I would fix that 1st.  This maybe off base but check coin relay coil switches.  Specifically switch that has 83 and 25 wires. 

Read Old Renos Tips on "no handle release"   in there it states handle will always be released if this switch is stuck closed.  Switch should be open till coin switch trips coin relay coil. 
I'd even put a piece of tape on switch contact to test. 
Jim
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 05:09:31 PM by jimliner »

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2016, 06:03:46 AM »
I had a buddy of mine come by and do some checking, he is much better at electrical and understanding what should take place then me. I showed him the broken resistor that was connected to the Line-Unit Step-Up Relay and he thinks that is a big issue so I ordered up a resistor from ebay and should have them in the next day or two.  Reno in reply #45 you are right with the plunger down with one coin in, and as I add the second coin in the plunger goes up as it should. BUT here's the problem...when I pulled down on the arm and the reels stop and I go for another play and when I insert the one coin the plunger should automatically go down ( I checked that with my other machine) and it doesn't I have to manually push it down it WILL NOT reset. The issue is the the reset coil will not RESET. I will keep everyone posted :Scratch-Head:

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2016, 06:24:04 AM »
Hello Paul,

Did you get the resistor yet?
Added photo of new machine.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:39:14 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2016, 06:51:39 AM »
Very cool machine, I haven't received the order yet but as soon as I do I'll install it and keep my fingers X. This is my other machine that I'm basically referencing from.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2016, 08:38:06 AM »
Nice machine, didn't realize it was a double progressive.
Got a 5 line machine double progressive, but its a Summit conversation.
Bought it for parts, but it's in real  good shape and hate the idea of tearing it apart.
Working on getting it going without spending a lot. Replaced a couple of electronic parts and it somewhat works. Have to look at few more things.

Hopefully the new part will do the trick.
Maybe the bad coil caused the resistor to over heat.
Old school test, give it a sniff for evidence of burning.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2016, 12:05:16 PM »
Dave the sniff test only works when you hook it up to a variac and get the voltage up to about 1:45 then the sniff test works great you find it right away Hehe

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2016, 03:33:14 AM »
Hey guys I want to thank all who try to help me to fix my machine especially, Dave, Mr. Reno  you were always there for a reply. Unfortunately I'm tapping out and put the machine up for sale on craigs. The machine works great with one coin in anymore than that and it's problem time. Thanks again I'm on the quest for a Low Boy.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal