New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Wiper Arm Repair?  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Bally Bill New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Wiper Arm Repair?
« on: October 30, 2019, 04:03:42 PM »
Hello All, I stumbled on this little gem in a shipping container this month and had to save her! After cleaning out some dead rats,bugs and a scraping out the rust I notice this wiper arm issue. Do you think this can be repaired? or just hunt for a wiper arm?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Wiper Arm Repair?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 04:14:18 PM »
Bill, good for you. I was wondering where I put that machine, happy you found it.
It appears that one of the fingers is missing.
I’m sure I have one over in salvage, I’ll take a look later or first thing tomorrow morning.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 07:19:12 PM »
Hi David, Yep this EM had your name all over it!(price wise) This M/Honey kit EM is also missing the Latch lever and spring but I got the 1" 11/16 dimension on the handle drive shaft to get the pulls to go pretty smoothly. Air cylinder stop bracket was upside down which leads me to believe the previous owner was tinkering with the machine.I appreciate your effort to find the wiper finger/arm so I can get the Money honey back to 100% working Best Regards Bill

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 10:52:28 PM »
are the rivets on the row with the missing wiper finger wired to anything?

if desperate, you can sometimes swipe a finger from an unused row.  Rewiring the contact plate to utilize an unused row would be more risky because of the way contacts get bridged as the wipers move...can create brief "loops" that cause payout issues if the wipers are sluggish.

easiest thing is to wait for and see what david has :-)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 01:24:06 PM »
Bill, you’ll need to post a photo of the damaged part. As there’s a different configuration from one to the next wiper.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 02:43:32 PM »
I sell various wipers on my website.
www.slotmachinerepair.com
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 09:03:00 PM »
If you do buy a replacement wiper, make sure that you copy the cut out down below the rivet a new wiper has no cut and all the wiper fingers are connected to each other. You will need to copy the cuts on your damaged wipe to the new one. If you don’t your machine won’t operate or pay correctly.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 04:20:49 AM »
Hi David,Yes let me remove the arm to take a picture and see if you can get a match.Very interesting that you have to make cutouts to match the arm pattern to get the correct winning combo

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 08:54:08 AM »
Hi David,Yes let me remove the arm to take a picture and see if you can get a match.Very interesting that you have to make cutouts to match the arm pattern to get the correct winning combo

Even if he doesn’t have one that’s cut to match yours, I have soldered on a jumper wire to repair a cut section, then cut another to make the wiper to match what I was replacing.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »
Hi Amechanic,Well it looks like someone applied your fix on the wiper arm, but I"am not sure this repair is correct since all the Bell/Lime/Orange-BAR combos and some of the orange/orange/ lime/lime combos are not paying out. All the other payouts Large and small pay correctly every time.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 06:21:51 PM »
Bill, post a complete photo of the wiper.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 07:02:36 PM »
Hi David, Let me know if this picture works for you-Thank you

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 07:10:25 PM »
I’ll take a look tomorrow.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2019, 07:20:02 PM »
Thanks David

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2019, 09:01:13 PM »
Yea that’s what I meant for a wiper cut repair. Your payou issues might all stem from that missing wiper finger.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2019, 10:00:00 AM »
Okay, this one will work. Just need to compare and snip out a section to match you part.

PM your mailing address, I’ll send it next week.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2019, 01:39:28 PM »
Pm on the way-Thanks David

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 01:24:02 PM »
curious about the model number.  It looks like the 36 was added. 

do you have numbers on the metal index reels (the slotted discs)?

also, I think the wiper shown in david's pic in post 15 is the wrong one.  You need a wiper that sweeps over 9 rows of contacts.  The one in his picture only sweeps 8.

if david doesn't have a 9 finger wiper, yell and I'll see if I have one.

you also have a wiper finger that is not being used next to the busted finger.  If you had the rivets, you could move that finger to the busted one's position.

to sanity check, what reel is it and do you have a picture of the wiring side of the contact plate?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 02:11:35 PM »
Thanks for noticing 8 or 9 rivet rows. Yes this is important if the bottom row of rivets are in use or even installed on the wiper board.
Have a 9 blade wiper in salvage, will get it out to ship today or tomorrow.

Thanks again for noting the 8 or 9 blades.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2019, 05:08:21 AM »
Hi again,I thought I was drilling out rivets to replace the finger,better yet if you have the whole arm which makes this a lot easier David. Good catch on that wiper finger count Wolftalk. This EM is a KIT machine so I think they just used a slot case and filled it with a hopper and reel set.. The reel is stamp 484-242 and the door and belly glass do not have any Bally part numbers and I did not find anything other number inside.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal