New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1090 Hopper Troubleshooting  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Lee Pfeifer New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 1090 Hopper Troubleshooting
« on: December 28, 2019, 01:04:44 PM »
Been working on this Bally 1090 all day , now that the stepper unit is working properly and the handle is releasing like it should , time to move up and find out what it’s gonna take to make it pay out , I’m clueless, I’m including a video
<a href="http://youtu.be/R12oVd_E3kU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/R12oVd_E3kU</a>
please help me.
Thank you ,
LEE
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 07:13:53 AM by Lee Pfeifer »

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 1090 Hopper Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 04:18:11 PM »
Check your hopper payboard, see if it has reset to zero. Clue is winner paid light stays on.
Push back reel wipers to see if they all align at last row of buttons. Make sure all wiper fingers are making contact.
Make sure your coin relay S.W. 60-63 are closed and handle release switch 63-90 also closing.
Set up pay and gently pull down on reels.
That’s a good start.
(Haven’t checked your vid yet...)
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 04:26:37 PM »
Thank you Sir ! I will report back.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 04:28:54 PM »
Pull handle, hold the clock fan and set up cherry pays, any fruit pay and then 7’s pay to see if any of them work.
You have external payboard, make sure it is plugged in.
Your timer motor is there to turn off whole machine in event of runaway or empty hopper. Don’t worry too much about it but beware it can give you a shock if you try to turn off machine with the button in the back.
When working with live voltage always use the one hand in the pocket rule & never hold onto case with other hand. You don’t want to become your very own circuit.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 05:24:57 PM »
Update !!!!! When I hit a pay the hopper motor Turns now , I don’t have any coin in the machine so I cannot check the payout ( I don’t have the star thing that shuffles the coins ) .
Thanks for the advice, I’ll report back.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 05:34:54 PM »
Drop some coins in hopper anyway, it’s just a mixer

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 06:00:03 PM »
I added some coin and it’s a runaway pay , it just wants to empty the hopper even on a single cherry
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 08:03:15 PM by Lee Pfeifer »

Offline slcjeeper

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 06:20:27 PM »
As the coins exit the hopper, they pass under a roller arm which through linkage engages a switch. This may need to be adjusted for the height of your coins with the screw above the switch. A test you can do to see if this switch is working is set a low pay without coins in the hopper. During the time for payout, lift the roller lever equal times to the the pay and see if this stops the hopper.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 07:09:21 PM »
Jeeper,
I believe I found the roller , the linkage and the switch . There was no screw so I added one (1) screw it in to far and hopper doesn’t turn (2) screw it out to far and it empties the hopper .
Am I in the right spot ?
Thank you very much for you help and your time .
Lee

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 12:04:57 AM »
the full model number off the serial number plate below the handle is helpful.  1099-something tho it could just be 1099.

for games like this one with an electrically stepped payout counter, the switch you care about is usually called the "hopper pulse switch".  It has yellow wire 30 on one blade and yellow/brown wire 36 on another.  When a coin exits the hopper, the switch stack slcjeeper pointed you at should operate and close the switch between those two wires.

you can check with the hopper out by sticking a coin in the right place to operate the switch stack and verify you have correct switch closure with a little overtravel (you want the switch blades to keep moving a little after the contacts touch to cause the contact faces to slide across each other a bit.  That kinda cleans and helps make a good mechanical connection).

if that all looks ok, the circuit typically goes on thru a payout relay switch, maybe a jackpot lockup relay switch and the coin unit before connecting to the payout counter step-up coil.  You could lose the connection at any of those components or the plug connections between them....or your payout counter step-up coil is bad.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2019, 05:20:30 AM »
WolfTalk,
The model number on the nameplate of my machine is 1090 under that it says 1090-2876.
I follow what you’ve said except the last paragraph, I’m kinda lost on that part.
Thank you for walking me through these issues, and thank you for your time .

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2019, 11:37:42 AM »
The current state of events is when I set up a big pay on my payout mech the wipers do not return to their starting position.
Here’s the video
<a href="http://youtu.be/wNJLUT_TKCY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/wNJLUT_TKCY</a>

Please help me if you can . I’ve got the payout mech and the hopper out , I’m going over every square inch with a magnifying glass looking for problems and cleaning as I go .
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 11:45:08 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2019, 12:29:26 PM »
Your payboard is not resetting to zero. The 2 switches that make that happen are your zero Switch and the other is the ‘B’ switch on left side reel mech just above your clock and fan. When you pull handle the ‘B’ momentarily closes to reset payboard.
Note that if it is closed all the time you will have a runaway, however this is not the case in your machine because the wipers are moved up to around the 20 coins area as in your video.
This type of problem is called constant reset runaway, when hopper steps and instantly resets over and over.
But that is not your problem.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2019, 03:32:55 PM »
UPDATE !
I removed the payout mech and the hopper and gave them both a good cleaning , now the machine is working and paying out , but now it’s overpaying by one coin sometimes two or so .

Offline Samman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Samman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2019, 05:06:58 PM »
Good. Now gently adjust the zero stopper by turning the Allen head screw so that you can see the wiper fingers move a little.  Adjusting just a little one way or the other will cure this issue. I set mine so that the wiper fingers on the payout board are slightly to the left of the six o'clock position when the unit is reset to zero.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2019, 05:49:56 PM »
Update 💰 ! Everything is paying as it should ! Thank you so much !
This group is incredible!
Thanks for walking me through this!
LEE

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
Re: Bally 1090 Hopper Troubleshooting 🔍 SOLVED !!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2019, 05:54:40 PM »
The solution was more cleaning and more investigation, more light and more magnifying glass 🔎!
What solved the problem was the great people in this group , the main mechanical issue was the payout mech/ wheel wasn’t resetting back to zero and after it was resetting properly all the way back to the zero stop bumper , all that was needed was fine adjustment to make it pay accurately .

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2019, 06:50:03 PM »
The model number on the nameplate of my machine is 1090 under that it says 1090-2876.
I follow what you’ve said except the last paragraph, I’m kinda lost on that part.
Thank you for walking me through these issues, and thank you for your time .

you can find the schematic for that model in http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/1090/ ... it's the file with name starting with "w-1046-1836".

whether it matters depends on what ya like to know :-)   

these slots are simple enough that the shotgun approach of "check/clean/adjust everything" is tedious but doable.  For the bingo machines I spent more time on, shotgunning is not practical, so you learn to interpret the schematic.

'course, in this case your problem was mechanical.  The payout counter printed circuit plate is usually lubricated with a thin film of something that won't gum up and is ok electrically.  People use all sorts of stuff like mineral oil, CV grease, contact cleaner/lube (make sure the solvents have evaporated before powering on), thin silicone grease, etc.

if you are curious, grab the schem and see why what oldreno said about the zero switch and reel mech B switch is a good answer for the payout counter not resetting - see C8 area of schem.  You can also see the wire colors on the switches so you'd know exactly which switches on stacks matter and you'd be able to follow the wiring thru the plug connection by using the plug charts on the bottom of the schem.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2019, 07:19:05 AM »
WolfTalk,
Thank you for helping me with my education. The machine is doing much better , it’s paying properly on low pays like single or double cherries 🍒, but it’s inaccurate on larger pays like three bars with a three coin multiplier, it’s paying over by 70 coins on that and it’s paying 17 coins over on 2 plums and a bar with a three coin multiplier.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2019, 09:48:45 AM »
if it pays ok on single coin for higher pays, the only differences for 2+ coins are connections thru the coin unit disc and the x2 or x3 units (B16 on the schem).

I don't recall what the x2 or x3 units look like, but I'd guess they each have a coil, a switch and a small plastic cam.   The coils power every time a coin ejects and rotates the cam, and the cam closes the switch every 2 or 3 positions.

when the switch is closed and the x2/x3 coil powers, the payout counter step-up coil also powers.

if your problem is only with 3 coins played, then the coin unit connects wire 84 to 36-3 and the hopper pulse switch is connected to the x3 unit.  The x3 unit coil should power every time a coin is ejected, if not, suspect the coin unit wiper<->rivet connection, plug connections or bad solder joint on the coil.

if the x3 unit is stepping for every coin ejected,  check the switch on the x3 unit.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal